• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Boooo Screen Dead

jrbessette

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
I got into my 2 week old lightning today and my seven year old said "why is the screen black?". The screen works because when I to into reverse it show the reverse camera, but there is no Sync, climate controls, NAV, radio etc. This is a bigger problem in a vehicle where you cant change the heat without the screen. I have tried restarting the car to no avail. This is the third QC issue for me in less than two weeks and 1,000 miles. Not a great start @ford.... Any one out there know how to ctrl-alt-del one of these?
Sponsored

bryan995

First Name
François
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
I got into my 2 week old lightning today and my seven year old said "why is the screen black?". The screen works because when I to into reverse it show the reverse camera, but there is no Sync, climate controls, NAV, radio etc. This is a bigger problem in a vehicle where you cant change the heat without the screen. I have tried restarting the car to no avail. This is the third QC issue for me in less than two weeks and 1,000 miles. Not a great start @ford.... Any one out there know how to ctrl-alt-del one of these?
the ctrl-alt-delete is disconnecting the 12V battery. Access is through the small door in the frunk. Unclear if you can also hold down certain buttons for a hard-reset like in a Tesla.

OP
OP
jrbessette

jrbessette

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Fixed? I went back out to try a steering wheel button reset and or the 12V disconnect trick. But it was mysteriously working again. The only thing different than my last reset attempts was that I plugged it into a charger for 30 minutes. Maybe a 12V issue? At least I was able to turn the seat heater off in case it does it again. Something to watch for I guess.

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
Normal glitches I would expect for a first year, new model, beta testing technology piece of automotive design.

I have come to expect this type of behavior after my stint with the first year, newly released Land Rover Discovery Sport. Ended up in the service dept about half the time I owned her. Most of the time waiting for parts to be shipped from the UK.

Land Rover / Range Rover / Jaguars are notorious for electrical issues!

After 4 years of driving loaner Jaguars, Range Rovers, Velars = sold it and moved on....

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
Resetting Synch is done by holding down the volume and right seek buttons on the steering wheel (at least on the Mach-E).

Sponsored

Stlww18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Pro, 6/3 blend date
My 2016 f150 had that issue a fair number of times. Like stated above, disconnect the 12v for a reboot

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2023 Mach-E GT-PE
Fixed? I went back out to try a steering wheel button reset and or the 12V disconnect trick. But it was mysteriously working again. The only thing different than my last reset attempts was that I plugged it into a charger for 30 minutes. Maybe a 12V issue? At least I was able to turn the seat heater off in case it does it again. Something to watch for I guess.
This can happen, and will likely happen again if your 12V battery goes below a threshold where load shedding kicks in. The big screen is one of the first things to go. The lower the state of charge the more things get shut off and the more error messges you will recieve (like Camera messages, driver assistance stuff etc.) It's happened on my Mach-E that I let sit unplugged for 5 days before using it, and at some point it will happen to my Lightning if I let it sit for a while. A Sync reboot will fix it.

V8BoatBuilder

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning
Blue screen of death!
Ford F-150 Lightning Boooo Screen Dead F84047E7-76B0-41E0-BA7F-6962715D3DAE

Notice how the climate control is still up, and working. SiriusXM audio was also playing through the speakers.

Had to do the 2-button reset.

ericpullen

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F-150 Lightning & 22 Mach-E
Weird I just had this happen as well on my way home tonight. Did the reset and it came right back.

Sponsored

Paulightning

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1993 Cobra, 1995 Bronco, 2022 Lightning Lariat ER
This happened to me one time on my 2nd day in my truck. I came home, got on this forum and read about the steering wheel button reset. Went back out to try it, and it was working fine. It's never frozen up on me since. I've had the truck 2 months now and 1600 miles.

IdeaOfTheDayCom

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
IdeaOfTheDay.Com
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning XLT SR 312A
Occupation
Software Developer
The same thing happened to my Mach-E. The only thing that worked on the screen was the backup camera, which I assume bypasses the regular computer for safety reasons.

It was a hot day and I couldn’t even turn on the A/C. It came back to life after a reset and hasn’t happened since.

PV2EV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Chevy Volt, 2006 Kubota L39, 2006 Suzuki Eige
Starting to worry about quality here. Across the two gen 1 volts I have had for nine years, I have had two SW hangs. Of course they are simpler, but the tech is a decade old...
Sponsored