• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Claiming mobile charger cost for tax credit

jimfigler

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning Lariat ER, 21 Corvette Convertible
Federal tax credit will give 30% back on chargers, wiring and other misc supplies including labor. i think claiming the Ford mobile charger since it is a line item on the order Shouldn’t be an issue.
https://www.irs.gov/instructions/i8911 this form has not been updated yet for 2022 but the credit is the same
Sponsored

GarageMahal

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 Mercury Marauder; 2023 Lightning XLT SR
Occupation
Geek
I am planning to but depends what the final forms look like.

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
I thought that credit went away at the end of 2021. The inflation reduction act only reupped the commercial charger credit.

OP
OP
jimfigler

jimfigler

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I thought that credit went away at the end of 2021. The inflation reduction act only reupped the commercial charger credit.
Federal EV Charging Tax Credit
The federal government offered an EV charger tax credit known as the Alternative Fuel Infrastructure Tax Credit for equipment and installation costs expired on December 31, 2021, but was recently renewed by the Inflation Reduction Act of 2022 and is now available again with some changes. The credit applies to different types of EV installations, from a home EV charging station project to a large-scale EV infrastructure project.

You can receive a federal EV charger tax credit of up to 30% of your commercial electric vehicle supply equipment, infrastructure, and installation cost, or up to $100,000. The credit does not cover any permitting or inspection costs. Residential installations can receive a credit of up to $1,000.

OP
OP
jimfigler

jimfigler

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A recently expired federal tax break for electric vehicle (EV) chargers got new life under the recently passed Inflation Reduction Act—a move that will give taxpayers up to $1,000 in a tax credit.

The section 30C tax credit–officially referred to as the Alternative Fuel Vehicle Refueling Property Credit, has been extended for ten years, and will expire on December 31, 2032.

The revived federal EV charging tax credit is almost the same as the previous version which allows taxpayers to claim up to $1,000 for EV charger hardware and installation, with a few important changes.

You May Get Federal Tax Credit for Your Home EV Charger
Taxpayers are eligible for a credit of 30% of the hardware and installation costs for EV chargers installed in their homes after December 31, 2021. This is a one-time, nonrefundable tax credit for a maximum of $1,000.

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Federal EV Charging Tax Credit
The federal government offered an EV charger tax credit known as the Alternative Fuel Infrastructure Tax Credit for equipment and installation costs expired on December 31, 2021, but was recently renewed by the Inflation Reduction Act of 2022 and is now available again with some changes. The credit applies to different types of EV installations, from a home EV charging station project to a large-scale EV infrastructure project.

You can receive a federal EV charger tax credit of up to 30% of your commercial electric vehicle supply equipment, infrastructure, and installation cost, or up to $100,000. The credit does not cover any permitting or inspection costs. Residential installations can receive a credit of up to $1,000.
Good to know - thanks. I didn't find that when I looked through the bills text.

Looks like I will get to take advantage of that since we are putting in a second EVSE for the Lightning! I won't get the unit costs (FSCP free with the ER Lightning), but should be able to claim 30% of the install costs.
Sponsored