• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Mobile Charger For Lightning

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
Assuming the DEMO has the ER battery pack.....

It should be sent to you [it's first NEW owner] once you complete the purchase the dealer marks the truck sold in Fords system and SunRun s informed of your purchase and mails the FCSP to you, your 2022 also has the FMC as previously mentioned
I think he is saying he got no Mobile Charger with the demo (which means the dealer should have it), and the Charge Pro hasn't yet shipped.
Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Sunday morning reading comprehension FAIL,
Thanks...................

lmbrjak

First Name
Geo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat
The Tesla mobile connector has by far the most options for outlets, but you’d also have to purchase a tesla to J1772 adapter to use with the Lightning. It’s unfortunate that Ford only has 5-15 and 14-50 plugs for their mobile cord.
I endorse the Tesla mobile connector. Traveling cross country the multiple plugs have saved me a few times

jdmackes

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Pro
I endorse the Tesla mobile connector. Traveling cross country the multiple plugs have saved me a few times
Does the Tesla give charging information through the app or anything too? The j1772 adapter on their website isn't the one that I need, right? That's a j1772 to Tesla, correct?

MRButtler

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat Lightning
They should be called MustMelt. Please be careful with that unit. I have had dozens of followers tell me the Mustart failed and melted after about a year of continued use. They are very low quality and not safety certified. Just be careful.
Did they say what melted, so I know what to check?

Sponsored

lmbrjak

First Name
Geo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat

Amps

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt
Did they say what melted, so I know what to check?
Google - Mustart Melt - You'll see the most expensive damage appears to be to the vehicle's J1772 port. The lack of CCID and the fake certification labeling should concern you, too.

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
Does the Tesla give charging information through the app or anything too? The j1772 adapter on their website isn't the one that I need, right? That's a j1772 to Tesla, correct?
You don't use the Tesla app to charge at a destination charger.

lancersrock

First Name
Kody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Honda Pilot, 2011 Mustang GT, 2013 fusion se
Occupation
Field Engineer
So this is the one I’ve been using nightly at 24 amps plugged into an adapter for a dryer plug since November and have zero complaints.

VEVOR Level 2 EV Charger, 32 Amp 110-240V, Portable Electric Vehicle Charger with 25 ft J1772 Charging Cable NEMA 14-50 Plug, 10/16/20/24/32A Adjustable Plug-in EV Charging Station for Electric Cars https://a.co/d/h2sJjUz

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2023 Mach-E GT-PE
All Mach-Es and Lightnings regardless of trim level come with the 32 amp portable charger that comes with pigtails for 120V or 240V. In the Mach-E it's under the load floor in the back and in the Lightning it's under the Frunk load floor recess. I bought the Mach-E a year before the Lightning and since the portable charger comes with a wall bracket, I mounted that and have been using the portable to charge both vehicles (using a 60A 240V circuit). I did get the Charge Station Pro after taking delivery of the Lightning but it's stayed in the box. There just hasn't been a reason to switch from the 32A portable charger yet.

Sponsored

jdmackes

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Pro
All Mach-Es and Lightnings regardless of trim level come with the 32 amp portable charger that comes with pigtails for 120V or 240V. In the Mach-E it's under the load floor in the back and in the Lightning it's under the Frunk load floor recess. I bought the Mach-E a year before the Lightning and since the portable charger comes with a wall bracket, I mounted that and have been using the portable to charge both vehicles (using a 60A 240V circuit). I did get the Charge Station Pro after taking delivery of the Lightning but it's stayed in the box. There just hasn't been a reason to switch from the 32A portable charger yet.
They don't anymore, it's a $500 option on the trucks now

ivan256

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER
The Tesla charger has the same major problem as the Ford charger if you use it for a non-Tesla: You can't limit the charge rate. If you use it and it pops the breaker, you're done. No charging for you. I have heard you can limit its charging rate when you connect it to a Tesla, but that functionality isn't exposed through your Ford.

I have the Ford charger and the Amproad charger. I had a Tesla charger, but returned it. The Amproad charger is the one that lives in my truck and goes with me everywhere. The Ford charger is rotting in my garage.

Just be aware that while the Amproad charger will let you limit the charge rate when needed, it will also let you overload an outlet if you ask it to. Use your brain and don't cause fires.

COrocket

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
The Tesla charger has the same major problem as the Ford charger if you use it for a non-Tesla: You can't limit the charge rate. If you use it and it pops the breaker, you're done. No charging for you. I have heard you can limit its charging rate when you connect it to a Tesla, but that functionality isn't exposed through your Ford.
Correct, this is a vehicle software limitation, not a mobile cord problem. I just tried charging my Tesla from the Ford mobile cord with an adapter, and had no problem dialing down the amps from the default max 30A of the Ford mobile cord. I really hope Ford brings these features to the Lightning interface and the Fordpass app, since it’s very primitive in this and other regards.

Ford F-150 Lightning Mobile Charger For Lightning IMG_1515

Ford F-150 Lightning Mobile Charger For Lightning IMG_1516

Ford F-150 Lightning Mobile Charger For Lightning IMG_1517

Bills R Electric

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat
They should be called MustMelt. Please be careful with that unit. I have had dozens of followers tell me the Mustart failed and melted after about a year of continued use. They are very low quality and not safety certified. Just be careful.
Thanks Tom!

I am looking to buy a Mobile charger for my Lightning. Is the Webasto still a top rated alternative?
Sponsored