• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Mobile Charger For Lightning

Old Aviator

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning Platinum 06 Magnum SRT8 23 Ocean One
Occupation
Consultant
Since I canceled my new Truck order, I also lost my Portable Charger. But I am buying a demo and will certainly need a portable.

The Ford Parts store does locate the part number I found (J98-10F868-AE) and does not show it in an generic "charger search".

I do see several Ford Mobiles on EBAY.

I'm in need of recommendations suggestions.

Is the Ford charger a recommendation usage and price wise?

Do you recommend others that work well and are better values that I should consider?

I'm at least 10 days from Truck arrival and I have one Charge Pro I purchased a few months ago (for a really good price) and I will be getting another with the Truck I am buying. I wanted 2 because I have a house garage and a detached garage so can charge no matter where it is parked.

All thoughts and comments are welcome.
Sponsored

swajames

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Technology and software development
The Ford mobile charger isn't the best. Mine would fail to charge and you'd need to unplug it to get it to start again. I bought a variable charger that can be set at various charging rates depending upon your available power and it's been 100% flawless from day one.

So in short, if you have to buy a charger, don't buy the Ford mobile charger.

Amps

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt
I have an adjustable 40A Amproad from Amazon. I like it and it has handled a bunch of different charging scenarios for me while traveling. Another great option is the Tesla Mobile Connector with a NACS to J1772 adapter. I carry one a Tesla adapter just in case I need to use destination charging. The unit is a value at $230, but the extra dongles for various receptacles can get a little pricey.

https://shop.tesla.com/product/mobile-connector

Here's a fresh review from @tommolog on a mobile EVSE that looks 'just like' :whistle: the Ford Mobile from the Ford Mobile's manufacturer:

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
Since I canceled my new Truck order, I also lost my Portable Charger. But I am buying a demo and will certainly need a portable.

The Ford Parts store does locate the part number I found (J98-10F868-AE) and does not show it in an generic "charger search".

I do see several Ford Mobiles on EBAY.

I'm in need of recommendations suggestions.

Is the Ford charger a recommendation usage and price wise?

Do you recommend others that work well and are better values that I should consider?

I'm at least 10 days from Truck arrival and I have one Charge Pro I purchased a few months ago (for a really good price) and I will be getting another with the Truck I am buying. I wanted 2 because I have a house garage and a detached garage so can charge no matter where it is parked.

All thoughts and comments are welcome.
The 2022 demo comes with a the mobile charger...

OP
OP

Old Aviator

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Consultant
I'll check with dealer. I know it has Charge Pro and it was never shipped.

Thanks

Sponsored

tommolog

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning Lariat, 2023 Rivian R1S
Occupation
Journalist
OP
OP

Old Aviator

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Consultant

Thanks
I did not see it on the Window Sticker but Dealer confirmed the Ford Portable Charger is in the Truck.

But the Amproad looked nice.

Sponsored

The Weatherman

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 RR F150 Lightning Lariat ER, 2020 Explorer PL
Occupation
Retired
I bought a 2022 demo (380mi) a couple of weeks ago. It had the Ford Mobile charger in the Frunk and I received the Ford Charger Pro this week.

The mobile has worked well for me so far. I don’t travel long distances and can easily recharge overnight.

jdmackes

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Pro
Anyone know of a good portable charger that has multiple adapters for different plugs? I had ordered a mustard but after reading this thread I think that one is going back. I'd just like to be able to plug into a regular wall outlet if I absolutely have to, and maybe have a few other options aside from just nema 14-50

COrocket

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Anyone know of a good portable charger that has multiple adapters for different plugs? I had ordered a mustard but after reading this thread I think that one is going back. I'd just like to be able to plug into a regular wall outlet if I absolutely have to, and maybe have a few other options aside from just nema 14-50
The Tesla mobile connector has by far the most options for outlets, but you’d also have to purchase a tesla to J1772 adapter to use with the Lightning. It’s unfortunate that Ford only has 5-15 and 14-50 plugs for their mobile cord.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired

Thanks
Assuming the DEMO has the ER battery pack.....

It should be sent to you [it's first NEW owner] once you complete the purchase the dealer marks the truck sold in Fords system and SunRun s informed of your purchase and mails the FCSP to you, your 2022 also has the FMC as previously mentioned
Sponsored