• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Clearview Energy EV - MA Electricity Suppler Deal - ClearCharge12Plus

Aspesi4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt
I'm looking to lock into a 12 month contract for an alternative electricity supplier here in Massachusetts and noticed that Clearview Energy has a plan that's 13.59C/kWhr that includes 250kWhrs per month free for EV charging done between 11PM and 6AM. You get credited $34 a month or $408 a year for using the plan. It seems like a good deal on top of the SmartCharge program.

The issue is you need to utilize either a ChargePoint charger or a JuiceBox. So no more Ford Charge Station Pro which is fine by me considering I only installed a 60A circuit to the unit (didn't see the value spending more for a 100A circuit).

Has anyone taken advantage of this program? Any downsides besides not being able to use the automated backup system (which I'll never install)?
Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow Iconic Silver
Occupation
Retired
No more statistics connected charge station tile on the FordPass app, but IMHO that is a minor sacrifice, especially if the Juice box and Chargepoint EVSE's provide better reporting tools.

Secondary benefit is that you don't need to use the Ford cloud for compliance reporting, as we know they DO NOT like "Third Party" apps connecting to the server using your personal credentials.

Sound like you have a pretty good deal with that provider, I am going to look at them for 2024 when our current provider contract ends this December

OP
OP

Aspesi4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt
No more statistics connected charge station tile on the FordPass app, but IMHO that is a minor sacrifice, especially if the Juice box and Chargepoint EVSE's provide better reporting tools.

Secondary benefit is that you don't need to use the Ford cloud for compliance reporting, as we know they DO NOT like "Third Party" apps connecting to the server using your personal credentials.

Sound like you have a pretty good deal with that provider, I am going to look at them for 2024 when our current provider contract ends this December
The reporting from the FCSP has always been miserable and unreliable. Generally it's hit or miss if the data actually shows up. I feel ChargePoint, which has been doing this for a while now, is likely a more accurate and consistent product. Now, I need to some how sell the FCSP easily..... That's the issue.
Sponsored