• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored
Status
Not open for further replies.

flyin525

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
Last edited by a moderator:

chillaban

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning Lariat
I got the same update today. Interestingly earlier today I used FDRS to apply a GWM update but hours later while driving I got this message out of the blue.

Ford F-150 Lightning Power-Up OTA 6.2.0 -  Small Adjustments IMG_2708

Sponsored

Jim Lewis

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Accord 2017; 2023 Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired
We're excited about this update, Richard! We hope everyone likes it!
@Ford Motor Company. If Ford really wanted "to help your vehicle prepare for future updates...," they'd change the software so that when the truck gets notified of a pending update, the truck proceeds to charge the 12-volt AGM battery to the point the update will actually get downloaded and installed.

Ford apparently assumed that the average owner drives a lot and didn't allow for older retired folks like me who aren't putting a lot of miles on their truck and may only drive several times a week with only the occasional (~once a month) 200-mile trip. Ford could make it easier to use a battery tender, and trickle charge the LVB battery without having to remove a panel cover (really annoying) - and maybe even provide instructions in the manual on the proper way (if there is one) to trickle charge the LVB. Perhaps a bigger capacity LVB battery could be made available, and maybe, at least with a bigger LVB, the SOC of the battery need not be so demanding for most updates. Whenever I've checked my LVB SOC with the vehicle just sitting around in my garage, the battery is NEVER above 80% SOC, and it never gets there from my usual periodic 10- to 15-mile trips. The HVB may be maintaining the LVB SOC, but it always drops quickly below 80% SOC. Being a paranoid ex-New Yorker(NYC), I always lock my truck even when it's locked up in my garage. Perhaps the alarm system being armed is helping to drain the SOC of the LVB(?).

ChrisCon

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Carbonized Grey Lightning Lariat ER
I'm now three updates behind :( . The digital owners manual failed update (incorrect manifest is the error) has put me into update purgatory. I've never been this many updates back before. First World Problems for me, but I'll give my first born for Blue Cruise 1.3 .

Also, I love @Ford Motor Company for clearly trolling all of us above. Well played faceless social media account!

Sponsored

chillaban

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
@Ford Motor Company. If Ford really wanted "to help your vehicle prepare for future updates...," they'd change the software so that when the truck gets notified of a pending update, the truck proceeds to charge the 12-volt AGM battery to the point the update will actually get downloaded and installed.

Ford apparently assumed that the average owner drives a lot and didn't allow for older retired folks like me who aren't putting a lot of miles on their truck and may only drive several times a week with only the occasional (~once a month) 200-mile trip. Ford could make it easier to use a battery tender, and trickle charge the LVB battery without having to remove a panel cover (really annoying) - and maybe even provide instructions in the manual on the proper way (if there is one) to trickle charge the LVB. Perhaps a bigger capacity LVB battery could be made available, and maybe, at least with a bigger LVB, the SOC of the battery need not be so demanding for most updates. Whenever I've checked my LVB SOC with the vehicle just sitting around in my garage, the battery is NEVER above 80% SOC, and it never gets there from my usual periodic 10- to 15-mile trips. The HVB may be maintaining the LVB SOC, but it always drops quickly below 80% SOC. Being a paranoid ex-New Yorker(NYC), I always lock my truck even when it's locked up in my garage. Perhaps the alarm system being armed is helping to drain the SOC of the LVB(?).
Are you still having LVB causing updates to not complete? I used to, but one of the updates around the "frunk chime" updates seemed to resolve this and since then I've not had an update fail due to the LVB not being charged enough.

Jim Lewis

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Accord 2017; 2023 Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired
Are you still having LVB causing updates to not complete? I used to, but one of the updates around the "frunk chime" updates seemed to resolve this
The last update I received was 7/28/23 and it was Power Up 4.2.3.1. Looking through Update Details in FordPass Messages, I don't see anything about the frunk chime update(maybe my Lariat built in April 2023 came with that fix built-in?). I've never received the update that allows HVB SOC % to be displayed on screens other than the CALM screen. Still have just the battery charge icon displaying. A bunch of other people on the forum have complained that they haven't received any updates since July, either.

chillaban

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
The last update I received was 7/28/23 and it was Power Up 4.2.3.1. Looking through Update Details in FordPass Messages, I don't see anything about the frunk chime update(maybe my Lariat built in April 2023 came with that fix built-in?). I've never received the update that allows HVB SOC % to be displayed on screens other than the CALM screen. Still have just the battery charge icon displaying. A bunch of other people on the forum have complained that they haven't received any updates since July, either.
Ah interesting. Not being pushed more updates seems like something Ford needs to help investigate -- the 12V battery issue is specifically when an update's already downloaded but repeatedly refuses to apply at your scheduled time or Update Now, telling you that "we need your help" applying the update.

I am not an insider but I've heard it explained that if some updates fail to apply repeatedly, they may no longer get offered OTA and you'd need help from a dealership or someone with FDRS to look up / apply those updates using a diagnostic cable.

jdmackes

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Pro
I'm now three updates behind :( . The digital owners manual failed update (incorrect manifest is the error) has put me into update purgatory. I've never been this many updates back before. First World Problems for me, but I'll give my first born for Blue Cruise 1.3 .

Also, I love @Ford Motor Company for clearly trolling all of us above. Well played faceless social media account!
I've never even gotten a prompt for an update, so you're better off than I am...
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.