• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Come backs when people tout the CT as being magically way better than your Lightning

Grumpy2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 F150 Pro SR
There will be be several generations of "break thru" in battery chemistry and packaging.

Tesla is committed to disposable car production: one car shape with single use battery.

If Ford and others continue to build around batteries that can be repaired, and/or replaced, it will be easier to adapt production of new vehicles when the evolving battery chemistry arrives.
Sponsored

Txxthie

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 TM3 RWD LFP
The other issue for other car companies is Tesla's direct sales model. Traditional car dealers don't care short term if a new Ford or GM electric vehicle succeeds. Its just a hassle for them, actually. More models to stock. More to learn about. More training for their service techs.
Tesla's direct sales model using their app is another advantage other manufacturers can't replicate. It's the software advantage again. You buy the car online, complete the required sections, communicate via messaging and finalize the sale all thru the Tesla app.

I bought 2 Tesla's in 2023 and referred a 3rd buyer. Good or Bad, when you purchase a vehicle from Tesla, you are now dealing with a bot/algorithm. It doesn't pay to get mad at the robot. Buy when the bot/algorithm needs to move product and make sure you complete the process correctly for referrals, incentives, etc. Email addresses and accounts are very important in the sphere of Tesla buying.
Do I agree with the non refundable $250 order fee.....NO.
Do I like how the destination charge ($1390) increased......NO.
Do I like estimated vs actual trade in values.....NO
Do I like my sales location.....NO.
Do I like the delivery process......NO.
Do I like the price, speed, and ease of buying/trading in a car.....YES.
Do I miss the traditional dealership shenanigans.....NO.

No manufacture has fluid price movements like Tesla. Prices changed 18 times in 2023. I was a buyer in 2018 and in late 2023 due to inventory pricing + incentives. Both the Model Y's purchased were produced, shipped and sold within the same month.

TheJackel2013

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
One very telling thing is there are no grab handles on the pillars, front or back. Don’t know about you all, but we use it daily to pull ourselves up into the truck. It’d be difficult to get in and out of a truck without it. Clearly shows a truck designed by a non-Truck company for non-Truck people. Whether that’s good or bad depends on your perspective.

TheWoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Platinum, 2021 Bronco Badlands
I read this whole thread and my only thought is "Who is actually having this conversation?"

I haven't had one person compare my truck to a CT.

scottf200

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Tesla Model X
DCFC Supercharging is going to become less of a debate as 15,000 Superchargers open up to other vehicles coming soon.
Remember that non-Tesla only are able to access the V3+ superchargers due to hardware+communications

V2- TSuperchargers vs V3+ TSuperchargers

Ford F-150 Lightning Come backs when people tout the CT as being magically way better than your Lightning v2 vs v3 ezgif.com-gif-maker

RaptorEV

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
McLaren 12C
Occupation
Secret Agent
The Lightning was clearly intended for truck buyers, and it achieves that goal very well. But the CT seems more like it was intended for buyers who already own a Tesla or two, and are looking for something new, exciting, and different. Teslas are really boring. Once you become accustomed to the instant torque and extreme straight-line acceleration, all you're left with is an over-priced and bland sedan that's expensive to have repaired, and a real pain to have serviced. Some people are really committed to EV, but they're bored with Tesla. So the CT is a real jolt of excitement to the Tesla lineup. I live in a San Diego suburb, and there are so many Tesla in my neighborhood that they have truly become lame. People kind of laugh at Teslas here, and they've moved on to Lucid and the Taycan, or one of the other hyper-SUVs. But I think some Tesla bros will definitely trade from their Tesla sedan to a CT, even though they've never owned a truck before. I had a Tundra for 15 years, and traded it on a Lexus GX (after test driving the Lightning). The CT is just not for truck buyers.
Sponsored