• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Company EV truck

Kev12345

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram 1500
Curious if anyone here runs a company fleet vehicle that they bring home in the evening.

- are you expected to charge at home or public chargers?

- are the electricity costs reimbursed by the company?

- do you need a specific charger or does the truck log electricity use?

- any downsides of bringing an ev company vehicle home vs ICE?
Sponsored

JRT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning
Unless you have a portable charger with the truck you will not be charging it at home. You should talk with your company about what they expect. You could plug a portable charger into a 110 outlet and get very slow charge, you would probably notice no real impact to your bill. A 240 outlet would have to be installed and used to get proper charging at home. This will cost money and will see an impact to your bill.

OP
OP
Kev12345

Kev12345

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram 1500
Yea just curious what others are doing. This is pretty new territory for companies so was just curious if most are handling charging in a similar fashion. My company is just starting to switch our very large fleet to EV. I’ll find out soon enough when my aging truck is replaced.

JRT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning
Fleet wide systems hopefully are planning a charging network at your company parking lot with fast chargers. Logistics for taking home seem like they might offer a way to pay for a 240 50amp outlet, this could get pricey if your home can't handle it too or people live in apartments. Really the best approach if a large scale would be fleet trucks charging at company lot and check out a fully charged truck and drop off one to charge

OP
OP
Kev12345

Kev12345

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram 1500
Ugh. I could see a lot of upset employees if we had to drive to and from the office everyday to pick up a truck. Also I’m talking hundreds of trucks so not sure if that’s even possible.

Do ev fast charger fleet cards exist yet? Or we still stuck with dozens of apps?

Sponsored
OP
OP
Kev12345

Kev12345

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram 1500
Simplified home charging

Many fleet drivers take their vans home after shifts, and so will require a charging solution away from the depot. To help operators continue to support drivers following fleet electrification, Ford Pro Charging offers a home charging solution that delivers convenient overnight charging and reduces paperwork for managers and drivers.

When installed at a driver’s home, an unobtrusive Ford Connected Wallbox can charge work vehicles and automatically send charging reports to the fleet manager’s centralised system. A unique fob associated with the vehicle is needed to activate the charger, helping prevent fraud and ensuring that fleet managers only receive relevant charge reports. Ford Pro software can generate usage reports so that reimbursing drivers for home charging is quick and easy. Fleet managers can also remotely check if a vehicle has missed a charge slot at the driver’s home.

Not every fleet driver has a private driveway. However, electric charging points integrated into lampposts and other street furniture are becoming increasingly common. Where drivers can charge near their home without trailing charge cables across public footpaths, they can use the unique fob to charge the vehicle and automatically invoice a company account.

Business-friendly public charging

Ford Pro anticipates that operators will only rarely use public charging to recharge their vehicles while at work. However, to cover all circumstances and offer greater flexibility, the company provides access to Europe’s most comprehensive public charging network, and enables automatic payments and centralised billing using a unique charge card for each van.

With access to a network of over 300,000 chargers across Europe via the fast-growing Blue Oval Charging Network, finding a charger to top up the battery is easier than ever.

To help drivers find charging stations, Ford Charge Assist can be accessed using the touchscreen of Ford’s SYNC 42 connectivity and entertainment system. The system can help locate chargers nearby or along a navigation route. To maximise uptime, drivers can see availability, cost, and charging speed before arrival, as well as the minimum charge time needed to reach their destination

tls

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning
Yea just curious what others are doing. This is pretty new territory for companies so was just curious if most are handling charging in a similar fashion. My company is just starting to switch our very large fleet to EV. I’ll find out soon enough when my aging truck is replaced.
I know of a few electrical contractors who have gone EV for their company trucks. Two small ones and one mid-sized. They put chargers at their employees' homes and reimburse the charging as an expense at some kind of average cents per kwh rate.
Sponsored