• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Fordpass update issue

Quarter2heavy

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
App loaded up with the new interface yesterday, and notice almost everything is missing. At first I thought it was because I was required to the use my Phone as a Key thing, as much as I hate doing it, I wanted to see if that was the issue. When that didn't work. I though it was a dark mode issue. So disabled dark mode on the phone, still missing the icons.

Ford F-150 Lightning Fordpass update issue Screenshot_20240514-154011_FordPass
Ford F-150 Lightning Fordpass update issue Screenshot_20240514-154021_FordPass
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lightning ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
Reboot phone. If that doesn't work, switch back to old app. If it's fine, then switch back again.

OP
OP

Quarter2heavy

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Reboot phone. If that doesn't work, switch back to old app. If it's fine, then switch back again.
Phone gets rebooted every night, old version works fine, new version I think the buttons work, have huge delay if it does. Just no icons to know what I am pressing

itdwebman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 TOYT 4Runner, 2023 Lariat ER
Who is getting the new app rollout. I do not believe it has been released to all yet. Would like to try it.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Make sure the permissions have not changed on the new version of the phone app.

Sponsored

MFT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning
I had the same issue initially but after switching back and forth from old version to new it works great. So much quicker on simple controls and also setting temp remotely in vehicle. New version is much better. Yours shows UPDATE SCHEDULED / Vehicle Can Not Be Driven- is it possible that you have an OTA going on and that's the reason for you controls not showing up?

OP
OP

Quarter2heavy

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I had the same issue initially but after switching back and forth from old version to new it works great. So much quicker on simple controls and also setting temp remotely in vehicle. New version is much better. Yours shows UPDATE SCHEDULED / Vehicle Can Not Be Driven- is it possible that you have an OTA going on and that's the reason for you controls not showing up?
What I was thinking, but the truck itself says that truck is up to date / no updates available. Also all updates are "scheduled" for Friday evening. So either the app knows before the truck about updates or the message is showing because I have a set scheduled for all updates

jabela

First Name
joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning, 2019 Ford Mustang GT, 2020 Ed
Mine updated this morning or overnight. Seems to be working

jabela

First Name
joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning, 2019 Ford Mustang GT, 2020 Ed
App loaded up with the new interface yesterday, and notice almost everything is missing. At first I thought it was because I was required to the use my Phone as a Key thing, as much as I hate doing it, I wanted to see if that was the issue. When that didn't work. I though it was a dark mode issue. So disabled dark mode on the phone, still missing the icons.

Screenshot_20240514-154011_FordPass.jpg
Screenshot_20240514-154021_FordPass.jpg
Maybe try force stopping the app

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Maybe try force stopping the app
1+ also clear the [Cache] but DO NOT clear the [Data] or you'll need to reconfigure PAAK

Sponsored
OP
OP

Quarter2heavy

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
It working now, I literally went back and forth between old and new version of the app. Icons finally showed up on the 57th time. (I was stuck listening to a conference call. Saw multiple people saying had to go back and forth between versions)

JL13

First Name
José
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Retired
Hello All,
I'm having an issue with FordPass 4.37.0 on my Android Pixel 7 pro; it started about a week ago where the truck battery soc and estimated mileage would not update or delayed by a day or so. After some research on this forum, I did several attempts on recommended steps for resolving the issue, but nothing worked. The first trick was of course the 12 Volts battery disconnect, then the FordPass clear cache, then all the data clear followed by app uninstall (with phone shutdown cycle) then reinstall FordPass... Nada, still the same; then performed a factory reset of the Sync system in the truck; painful process with resetting everything for the driver profile.....
Finally, decided to call Ford support from the truck and explain the situation where now the system is very slow to update the battery status with the estimated mileage left; but the worst for me now I'm in that loop where I can't setup my house as a charging point anymore. Then the support lady told me that they are working on a FordPass update and as a result for the time being the home charging capability has been disabled on the Ford side until they release the new FordPass app sometime in late summer. Her recommendation to charge my truck is to either go to a supercharging station ( I did and it cost $33.30 for a 55 KWH charge where at home charging the same KWH would have cost me $4.50 between 11:00 pm and 5:00 am off peak hours). Her solution for charging my truck from now on is to initiate a one time charge limit in the truck (85% for me) and then plugin the truck at 11:00 pm.
My question to this board is how do I revert to a previous version of FordPass on Android that would allow to schedule the truck charging time automatically the way I did for the last six months since I bought the truck? And also where to locate the previous versions of the FordPass for Android (.apk files)?
Thank you for the support.

davehu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lighting Lariat ER, Iconic Silver
Occupation
retired
my Ford Pass updated to 4.37 not sure when but Google play indicates it was release on May 1st. Was not aware it was updated. looks exactly like it always have, performs like it always has.

Ffxdude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning
Hello All,
I'm having an issue with FordPass 4.37.0 on my Android Pixel 7 pro; it started about a week ago where the truck battery soc and estimated mileage would not update or delayed by a day or so. After some research on this forum, I did several attempts on recommended steps for resolving the issue, but nothing worked. The first trick was of course the 12 Volts battery disconnect, then the FordPass clear cache, then all the data clear followed by app uninstall (with phone shutdown cycle) then reinstall FordPass... Nada, still the same; then performed a factory reset of the Sync system in the truck; painful process with resetting everything for the driver profile.....
Finally, decided to call Ford support from the truck and explain the situation where now the system is very slow to update the battery status with the estimated mileage left; but the worst for me now I'm in that loop where I can't setup my house as a charging point anymore. Then the support lady told me that they are working on a FordPass update and as a result for the time being the home charging capability has been disabled on the Ford side until they release the new FordPass app sometime in late summer. Her recommendation to charge my truck is to either go to a supercharging station ( I did and it cost $33.30 for a 55 KWH charge where at home charging the same KWH would have cost me $4.50 between 11:00 pm and 5:00 am off peak hours). Her solution for charging my truck from now on is to initiate a one time charge limit in the truck (85% for me) and then plugin the truck at 11:00 pm.
My question to this board is how do I revert to a previous version of FordPass on Android that would allow to schedule the truck charging time automatically the way I did for the last six months since I bought the truck? And also where to locate the previous versions of the FordPass for Android (.apk files)?
Thank you for the support.
So if you go into the app and click on energy at the bottom, then click target charge in the middle, the the + in the upper right corner, then location. Does your address show up for you to select from?

JL13

First Name
José
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Retired
So if you go into the app and click on energy at the bottom, then click target charge in the middle, the the + in the upper right corner, then location. Does your address show up for you to select from?
Thank you for your suggestions but I'm not sure if you're asking me on the FordPass app or in the truck on the charging menu??
I'm currently charging the truck and it shows my home address on the vehicle status page in the FordPass app as well in the charge logs details. But I'm no longer able to setup the preferred charge times like I used to do for the last six months since I bought the truck; something changed in the FordPass app and to me something is broken at the moment.....
The only way that I can now charge my truck at home is by setup a one time charge limit to 85% in my case on the big screen in the truck NOT through the FordPass app. And if I want to take advantage of the super off peak rates offered by my electricity provider (8 cents / KWH from 11:00 PM to 5:00 AM), I have to manually start the charging session @ 11:00 PM and stop it @ 5:00 AM; the peak daily rate can go up to $1.5 /KWH....
This is very frustrating since it used work perfectly before Ford decided to take this feature away for the time being.... The Ford support lady that I was talking to yesterday told me the mobile charger was not supposed to work with the preferred setup times, only the 80 Amps Ford Charging Station Pro is supposed to used that way; I'm trying to understand the reason for what she told me.... It doesn't make sense since I seem to remember a video on the MachE that was showing the possibility to schedule your charging time for the off peak hours using the Ford mobile charger; maybe I missed something....
Sponsored