• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Private Cash Offer + $5k price protection UPDATE — the nightmare before Christmas

KurtsRPMGarage

First Name
Kurtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning Pro, 22 Tesla Model 3, 03 C5 Z06
Occupation
Geologist
One I saw had the front light bar and one had the rear light bar, so those wouldn’t be pro models. I did see one light gray (not sure what color ford calls it) that didn’t have the rear light bar so that one could possibly be a pro
I snapped a photo of it. Mine will look exactly like this but it’s missing the tow tech package that mine will have. Hopefully getting close.
Ford F-150 Lightning Private Cash Offer + $5k price protection UPDATE — the nightmare before Christmas 145C7135-F48A-4A89-8CBB-009325B5D3BD
Sponsored

Shady

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150xlt
If they upped your trade in offer to offset the taxes and you paid cash for the rest it basically ends up the same as long as you eventually get the refund. If you financed you’d be paying interest on that extra 5k but it would be somewhat marginal. It still boggles my mind that this is an issue for people. They told me the same thing as they did to you and I just refused that accept that as an answer. However, if they call me back yesterday morning and said that they still wouldn’t honor it up front I wouldn’t have had any other choice. At least they made an attempt to offset the extra cost to you I suppose.

They had not sold a my22 to my23 pro so I cant really blame them for doing it the way they did why would they take the risk of not getting it back.

I am disappointed in Ford Corporate for not making it clear to each dealership but its such a small number of cars that got the double dip rebates it was probably decided to take the flack than to pay for training on the 2 rebates lol.

EdwinT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning Pro, Matrix, 91 Galant VR4 (for sale)
They had not sold a my22 to my23 pro so I cant really blame them for doing it the way they did why would they take the risk of not getting it back.

I am disappointed in Ford Corporate for not making it clear to each dealership but its such a small number of cars that got the double dip rebates it was probably decided to take the flack than to pay for training on the 2 rebates lol.
This happens a TON though supposedly so pretty sure they know how to handle it; just don’t want to. The mustang MachE went up in price a bunch I’ve heard, and every time it jumped the people who ordered prior to the jump we’re price protecting.

OP
OP

tsszen

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Pro

Price protection isn’t exclusive to the lightning though. So the process to honor price protection shouldn’t be anything different with every other vehicle. I think part of the problem is such a large amount that dealers don’t want to expose themselves too much.

Which still isn’t valid because they have the ability to confirm through DORAs what the invoices were at specific dates.

Last edited:

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
Price protection isn’t exclusive to the lightning though. So the process to honor price protection shouldn’t be anything different with every other vehicle. I think part of the problem is such a large amount that dealers don’t want to expose themselves too much.

Which still isn’t valid because they have the ability to confirm through DORAs what the invoices were at specific dates.
Was getting the DORA difficult or did the dealer just not know ?

Agree - price protection should be automatic with all models.

My MME is coming in and I was really worried when you said you had issues with PP.

Sponsored
OP
OP

tsszen

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Pro
From my understanding a DORA is just a dated digital receipt that is made every time your vehicle changes in price or has a modification to the build. I don’t know how or where they look it up, but I don’t believe it is overly difficult to find since they got mine early in the morning after our evening of going back and forth.

Gary H

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Super Duty
Occupation
Truck Driver
UPDATE AS OF DECEMBER 7 EVENING -- they have confirmed my invoice order is for $54,749 (my dashboard checkout photo below shows $49749) and refuse to offer price protection up front. They also will not guarantee my reimbursement after purchase. They only confirm that they will reimburse me IF they get it from Ford--which they say will take 100 days or more and have made no guarantees that I even qualify for the price protection (which I'm 100% certain that I do). I was told that my situation will be introduced to the head sales manager of the dealership tomorrow and they will also be contacting their Ford rep, but I was assured that this is how they've been doing it and they have no intentions of changing it.

UPDATE!! --AS OF DECEMBER 8 MORNING

I just received a phone call from the second individual I spoke with last night who assured me that will absolutely not offer price protection up front and will only reimburse me when they get it.

It seems they had a change of heart (AKA their Ford rep got back to them and informed them they were indeed wrong--my assumption) and he confirmed that he was able to check the DORA of my original order date, which confirmed the originally priced invoice that I have been seeing on my end all along. He then told me that he will honor the price protection up front once the head sales manager signs off on it when he gets in later this morning. As of now, he confirmed the $49,749 invoice price and that they will still apply the $7000 PCO rebate tonight as well. I will be going in this evening to complete the purchase and will follow up with another update--or pictures of my new Lightning at home!

ORIGINAL POST
I just got the call that all of us have long waited for. My truck is finally at the dealer after being 20 miles away for over 3 weeks. I have already confirmed with my dealer that I will be receiving the $7k for the private cash offer by being a MY 22 to 23 extension. He will not, however, verbally confirm my $5k price protection (I ordered 8/11/2022, so before the Oct. 4th deadline). My accepted dealer price is $49,749 (options, destination, etc. included), but he is not confirming that will be my purchase price when I get to the dealer.

I informed him of the price protection based on my order date and was told that he can't guarantee that price and if their price is higher I will be refunded the additional $5k when they receive it from Ford. I am 100% certain (from forums here, multiple dealer posts here, Ford's own statement affirming price protection, and another confirmation from 2 separate Ford sales service agents) that is not how it is supposed to go and that my dealer is supposed to be reimbursed by Ford on their Dealer Payment Statement. He is 100% adamant that they will not offer any discount to me based on an "assumption" that Ford will reimburse them.

I'm very much hoping that the total on my Ford account checkout dashboard ($49,749) is what they see at the dealer and that this won't be an issue. What are my options if their price shows higher and he won't listen to me about the price protection?

FB58583C-14EF-4F39-BF91-314CC5717F61.jpeg
Who did you talk to at Ford I’m in the same situation

EdwinT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning Pro, Matrix, 91 Galant VR4 (for sale)
my dealer just used this language with me over the phone with regards to purchase protection/cash offer:
"we go by the VINcent for when the order was placed"

thinking I will have a relatively smooth transaction🙏

OP
OP

tsszen

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Pro
I’m in the same situation who did you talk to at Ford?
The only people I talked to at Ford were through their general customer sales number. I’m assuming my dealer was informed by their Ford rep that they could do exactly what they were telling me they couldn’t.

Sponsored

markeyv

First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 XLT Lightning SR
Occupation
architect

Oneand0

First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bronco Badlands & F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Digital Investigator
Didn’t have a problem with mine in the end. They gave me the price protection without a hitch. But were reluctant to give the 7k cash offer. The sales manager wanted to make sure and said he needed to check the following day. Before we left with the truck he walked up to me and said I would be getting the 7k check within a week. So In total little over 50k for the Pro and about $42500 after we get taxes back next year.

LightningProAval

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning Pro
I’m struggling with my dealer over the price protection myself. My dealership was upfront about the 7k PCO but playing stupid about the 5k price protection. I’ve asked them to call the regional Ford rep but not sure if thats happened or not.

surferjoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Pro
I’m struggling with my dealer over the price protection myself. My dealership was upfront about the 7k PCO but playing stupid about the 5k price protection. I’ve asked them to call the regional Ford rep but not sure if thats happened or not.
Same.