• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Price Protection and Dealer Woes

GoatMode

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bronco
Good afternoon all,

I am unfortunately joining the group of future lighting pro owners who's dealer is unsure of how to address the price protection. Although my dealer initially implied that they were unaware of the $5,000 price protection rebate, they revealed upon pickup that they were aware, but choosing not to offer it as Ford has allegedly never given them any money for orders. This obviously skewed my expected payment numbers and put me off as I felt there was a bit dishonesty as they clearly indicated they were aware that orders were in-fact eligible for the rebate.

I know there's dozens of purchasees who have dealt with this issue and am wondering if anyone can offer some additional insight or assistance on how they were able to work things out amicably with their dealers.

Thanks for the help in advanced!
Sponsored

Last edited:

bordner42

First Name
Brendan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning Pro
Mine told me they would submit my order (vin) and if they got any money back from Ford they would forward it to me. Gave me a 30-90 day timeline

9onmy6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M2, Ducati MTS 1260, 2023 SR Lightning XLT
Occupation
Housemaker/Veteran
My dealer honored the price protected offer (order date price) and took it off my MSRP at delivery. I no longer have the documents. @Sealevel may be able provide.

Shady

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150xlt
my dealer had me sign a page that said if ford gives them any money they will mail me a check in that amount.

Purchased 12/9

5K check received +- Feb 16th. I forget the actual date I do not go to my mail box but 1 time a week.

2023 Pro

jimfigler

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning Lariat ER, 21 Corvette Convertible
There is a ton of info in the 10/24 build week thread

Sponsored

alexose

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 C-Max, 1999 F150
I'm in the same boat as @Shady. My dealer says they'll reimburse me "if" they get a reimbursement, but I highly suspect they're just not going to tell me.

OP
OP

GoatMode

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bronco
I'm in the same boat as @Shady. My dealer says they'll reimburse me "if" they get a reimbursement, but I highly suspect they're just not going to tell me.
I'm still trying to get my price down, but so far it's not looking promising.

jazzmanmonty

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln Corsair
Occupation
self employeed
I posted a list of contact info for all the regional reps I'm another discussion. I don't know which one is for which region..you can either cold call one and say oops wrong rep..maybe they'll guide you to your guy.. or go to your dealer and try to get a name out of someone. "Did you guys ever contact the regional rep you said you'd call? What was his name again?" Maybe they'll slip. Then tell that guy what's going on and maybe he can help you out.

Typoman

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 lightning
Occupation
Retired
Good afternoon all,

I am unfortunately joining the group of future lighting pro owners who's dealer is unsure of how to address the price protection. Although my dealer initially implied that they were unaware of the $5,000 price protection rebate, they revealed upon pickup that they were aware, but choosing not to offer it as Ford has allegedly never given them any money for orders. This obviously skewed my expected payment numbers and put me off as I felt there was a bit dishonesty as they clearly indicated they were aware that orders were in-fact eligible for the rebate.

I know there's dozens of purchasees who have dealt with this issue and am wondering if anyone can offer some additional insight or assistance on how they were able to work things out amicably with their dealers.

Thanks for the help in advanced!
When I took possession of my Maverick I realized that the dealer had done the nitro tire, paint, window tint. When I brought it to the attention of the salesman he just shrugged his shoulders and said you didn't say not to.
I have a new salesman now and he knows not to do any of that extra stuff until I'm there and we can make a deal.

Sponsored

Shady

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150xlt
I am not sure if you noticed but my dealer actually came though and sent the check without me contacting them at around day 60

Sealevel

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 XLT Lightning SR
Occupation
Engineer
I got my price up front, but the dealership has to wait 45 days or longer for Ford to credit them the "sale's" credit. Evidently, it is managed through the Ford Regional Rep approving the sale with the discounted pricing route instead of listing the original MSRP. So on my agreement, it starts with the MSRP and then lists the credit amount to reduce the actual sale's price to the original pricing at the date of my order being confirmed (9/8/2023 for me). Good luck to all - and read the posts by FordVideoGuy on this forum - he's a Ford Dealership Internet Sales Manager in Salinas, KS - for lots of great information on how the Ford Sales System works.

OP
OP

GoatMode

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bronco
I got my price up front, but the dealership has to wait 45 days or longer for Ford to credit them the "sale's" credit. Evidently, it is managed through the Ford Regional Rep approving the sale with the discounted pricing route instead of listing the original MSRP. So on my agreement, it starts with the MSRP and then lists the credit amount to reduce the actual sale's price to the original pricing at the date of my order being confirmed (9/8/2023 for me). Good luck to all - and read the posts by FordVideoGuy on this forum - he's a Ford Dealership Internet Sales Manager in Salinas, KS - for lots of great information on how the Ford Sales System works.
I think I might just need to try to contact my dealer rep because they already refused to do so. I've shown the memos, reached out to others on social media and just feel like I haven't made much progress. Still determined and have some other methods to reach out, but I was trying to give the dealer an opportunity to do the right thing.
Sponsored