• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Private Cash Offer + $5k price protection UPDATE — the nightmare before Christmas

jimfigler

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning Lariat ER, 21 Corvette Convertible
Didn’t have a problem with mine in the end. They gave me the price protection without a hitch. But were reluctant to give the 7k cash offer. The sales manager wanted to make sure and said he needed to check the following day. Before we left with the truck he walked up to me and said I would be getting the 7k check within a week. So In total little over 50k for the Pro and about $42500 after we get taxes back next year.
That’s weird. Most have no trouble with the 7k private offer just the 5k October price increase
Sponsored

OP
OP

tsszen

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Pro
That’s weird. Most have no trouble with the 7k private offer just the 5k October price increase
Agreed. The dealer should have 0 say about the PCO. Ford inputs the PCO into smartVincent and it’s either there or it’s not…there is no “maybe” or “at the dealer’s” discretion involved

Goat Whore

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford
Occupation
Contractor
My reservation was a day one. Got invited to order and did not. Got invited again in November and ordered 11-30-22.
Should I get the $7000 PCO?
I'm assuming I won't qualify for the $5000 price protection as the price was already jacked up before I ordered.

KurtsRPMGarage

First Name
Kurtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning Pro, 22 Tesla Model 3, 03 C5 Z06
Occupation
Geologist
My reservation was a day one. Got invited to order and did not. Got invited again in November and ordered 11-30-22.
Should I get the $7000 PCO?
I'm assuming I won't qualify for the $5000 price protection as the price was already jacked up before I ordered.
Nope sorry.

Sponsored
OP
OP

tsszen

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Pro
What has to happen to qualify for the $7000 PCO?
You had to have had a 2022 model year reservation that was pushed pack to 2023, and you accepted the offer to extend your reservation to a 2023 model. But if you ordered after the $5k price hike I think that means you weren’t a part of the 2022 reservations pushed back to ‘23

plucas005

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY23 Pro, Tesla MY
Figured I can add my story in case anyone in a similar situation wants to copy my emails. My Pro has just been built but not yet shipped, so I emailed my dealer about delivery timing etc.

Dealer's reply:
I have also attached the window sticker for the Lightning. The sale price will be the MSRP of $57,269.​

The window sticker MSRP is of course after the $5000 price adjustment in October/November.

I replied:
The window sticker has the MSRP of the manufacturing blend date, but the MSRP price when I ordered the vehicle in August was $5000 lower at $52,269. Ford ensures purchase price protection from the time the customer places the order, not the window sticker creation date. I have attached a copy of my build sheet from August.​
There should be a way for you to check the DORA from my original order date. When the dealership gets the invoice from Ford it will display the new higher price, but Ford reimburses the dealer the difference within 45 days so long as it is sold to the customer who placed the original order.​
In addition to price protection, there is a private cash offer from Ford on my truck that will reduce the final purchase price. My reservation number is the offer code for that Private Cash Offer. I have spoken with Ford customer service about both of these offers, and can put them in touch with you if you have any questions about it.​

Dealer's reply:
I am going to call Ford Program HQ on Monday to get a definitive answer on this. I do see the original MSRP as a 2023 model, and I do see the $7,000 rebate for the 2023 model year transition, BUT historically Ford has only allowed us to claim price protection on an MSRP increase or a price protection rebate, but not both.​

(interesting move to blame it on Ford...)

Dealer's followup:
I spoke with Ford this morning and confirmed you're locked in to the MSRP as it was on the day you ordered the Lightning, and you should also be able to get the $7,000 rebate on top of that. You will be all set when the truck comes in!​

Hope this is helpful to someone.

jimfigler

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
What has to happen to qualify for the $7000 PCO?
people who ordered in wave 1 for the Pro and wave 2 for the XLT got private offers as did some who actually a 22 order that was pushed to 23. What did you order in November?

asianman35

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Antimatter Blue Pro
Figured I can add my story in case anyone in a similar situation wants to copy my emails. My Pro has just been built but not yet shipped, so I emailed my dealer about delivery timing etc.

Dealer's reply:
I have also attached the window sticker for the Lightning. The sale price will be the MSRP of $57,269.​

The window sticker MSRP is of course after the $5000 price adjustment in October/November.

I replied:
The window sticker has the MSRP of the manufacturing blend date, but the MSRP price when I ordered the vehicle in August was $5000 lower at $52,269. Ford ensures purchase price protection from the time the customer places the order, not the window sticker creation date. I have attached a copy of my build sheet from August.​
There should be a way for you to check the DORA from my original order date. When the dealership gets the invoice from Ford it will display the new higher price, but Ford reimburses the dealer the difference within 45 days so long as it is sold to the customer who placed the original order.​
In addition to price protection, there is a private cash offer from Ford on my truck that will reduce the final purchase price. My reservation number is the offer code for that Private Cash Offer. I have spoken with Ford customer service about both of these offers, and can put them in touch with you if you have any questions about it.​

Dealer's reply:
I am going to call Ford Program HQ on Monday to get a definitive answer on this. I do see the original MSRP as a 2023 model, and I do see the $7,000 rebate for the 2023 model year transition, BUT historically Ford has only allowed us to claim price protection on an MSRP increase or a price protection rebate, but not both.​

(interesting move to blame it on Ford...)

Dealer's followup:
I spoke with Ford this morning and confirmed you're locked in to the MSRP as it was on the day you ordered the Lightning, and you should also be able to get the $7,000 rebate on top of that. You will be all set when the truck comes in!​

Hope this is helpful to someone.
Thank you for sharing, would love more people to share their (success) stories. My truck had a blend date of 12/16 so will be finished pretty soon. So I will have this fight in January sometime hopefully.

jimfigler

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Thank you for sharing, would love more people to share their (success) stories. My truck had a blend date of 12/16 so will be finished pretty soon. So I will have this fight in January sometime hopefully.
go to 10/24 build week thread. There are a bunch us who got both price protection and private offer. It was about 50/50 that got the $5000 off the deal or got promised by the dealer that they would get the $5000 when the dealer got it from Ford.

Sponsored

msadan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Pro
Has anyone with an early reservation taken delivery since the latest (mid December) price hike?
I made my reservation on 5/20/21. The first time I was given the option to order the Pros were sold out, so my reservation was extended. The second chance to order was on 8/11/22, and I was able to order a Pro at that time. The truck is now scheduled for production the week of January 9.
I just downloaded my window sticker and the base sticker price is $55,974, $16K higher than when I made my reservation. So I'm assuming that I'm entitled to the $7K private offer (price increase from 2022 to 2023 model year) plus $9K in price protection ($5K and $4K price increases this year) plus maybe a couple hundred more destination/delivery charge increases. Sounds great in theory, just wondering if anyone has actually seen this happen yet.

EdwinT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning Pro, Matrix, 91 Galant VR4 (for sale)
Has anyone with an early reservation taken delivery since the latest (mid December) price hike?
I made my reservation on 5/20/21. The first time I was given the option to order the Pros were sold out, so my reservation was extended. The second chance to order was on 8/11/22, and I was able to order a Pro at that time. The truck is now scheduled for production the week of January 9.
I just downloaded my window sticker and the base sticker price is $55,974, $16K higher than when I made my reservation. So I'm assuming that I'm entitled to the $7K private offer (price increase from 2022 to 2023 model year) plus $9K in price protection ($5K and $4K price increases this year) plus maybe a couple hundred more destination/delivery charge increases. Sounds great in theory, just wondering if anyone has actually seen this happen yet.
Yes but whoever orders the vehicle has to take delivery. The dealership will be reimbursed around 45 days later.

Straight from Ford CS: “If the vehicle is ordered before MSRP changes the vehicle will be Covered and protected under price protection (base price, options, and destination and delivery fees) that were in affect when the order was originally received.”

The issue is getting your dealer to acknowledge it. They can reach out to their Ford rep who will confirm this for them.

Other than that…the dealer can tack on whatever they want…so hopefully you already spoke to them about not adding a markup

Last edited:

shadycoh

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 xlt
in theory that is how it should work

In reality It depends on your dealership and how many Pro's they have done contracts on.

Some dealers know what's up and give you the credits

some dealers are not up to date on the procedures and will

A> listen to you and your stack of info showing what should happen
B> Don't care what you say or have in the way of info and will

1> contact regional managers and find out you should get the money
2> say We are not risking Ford paying us back so if we get it we will forward it to you

as far as the 7K PCO I think only a few have had issues getting that as the PCO have been around for ages and dealers know how to look them up and apply them, Or they will try to spin hogwash and steal it from you.

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
in theory that is how it should work

In reality It depends on your dealership and how many Pro's they have done contracts on.

Some dealers know what's up and give you the credits

some dealers are not up to date on the procedures and will

A> listen to you and your stack of info showing what should happen
B> Don't care what you say or have in the way of info and will

1> contact regional managers and find out you should get the money
2> say We are not risking Ford paying us back so if we get it we will forward it to you

as far as the 7K PCO I think only a few have had issues getting that as the PCO have been around for ages and dealers know how to look them up and apply them, Or they will try to spin hogwash and steal it from you.
^^^ this is correct on price protection ($5K) for the Pro.

Some dealers won't front the price protection amount, while others will.

Either way, the customer still gets the price protection money - whether it's instantly on the sales contract or later by mail a check will be mailed to you.

bluestarct

First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F-150, 2020 Mazda 6 GT, Mach E FE
Occupation
Asset Management
In California, the rebate is taxable. It's CA after all....
Is the $5k and $4k price protections also structured as a rebate? That's about $698 in additional sales tax in CA if they are.
Sponsored