• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Cooled Seat issue?

YankeeCP

First Name
CP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lariat SR Lightning
Anyone having issues with the cooling feature? Passenger seat heat works but not the cooling. Driver side both work

when I turn on cooled for drive I can Hear some type of fan going, nothing from passenger side when turned on
Sponsored

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
Have you done this while sitting in the seat? I'm not 100% certain but many now have sensors in the seat and they don't work if no one is sitting there. I don't recall if the trucks are configured like that or not. I've slept since we needed the cooled seats a few months back.

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
Yes, mine works - has to work because the past summer was scorching hot and used the cooling feature a lot.

It does need to have the A/C turned on blowing cold air.

Does not work with recirc or warm air.

Both sides work - sometimes too loudly but I'd rather have a dry behind and back than a sweaty one...

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Anyone having issues with the cooling feature? Passenger seat heat works but not the cooling. Driver side both work

when I turn on cooled for drive I can Hear some type of fan going, nothing from passenger side when turned on
Hi there! Would you send us a private message with your VIN and dealership name and location? I’d like to look into this concern on my end.

EdRudy

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat Lightning ER Iced Blue Silver
Occupation
IT
My driver side cooled seat makes an extremely loud noise when turned up all the way on cool, no noise with heat. I haven't checked the passenger side yet.

Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
My driver side cooled seat makes an extremely loud noise when turned up all the way on cool, no noise with heat. I haven't checked the passenger side yet.
Hello. Go ahead and send us a private message with your VIN and dealer info, and I’ll look into this noise concern for you. Thanks!

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning, Mustang, CMax, Pacifica
Just picked up my truck last week. I have a very loud fan on my passenger side with the cooled seat. I have not had it back to the dealer yet. Plan to schedule that soon. Sounds like a typical 'fan is hitting the housing' or 'fan is hitting something else' sound.

marlin1060

First Name
Mearl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lariat ER
At "level" 3 it's pretty loud, turn it down to level 1 and it's not.
What level do you have it running at?

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER
Same as others, level 1 and 2 are reasonable noise, level 3 is like a PC desperately trying to cool itself down. This is the first time I've had such a feature so I'm not sure what to expect of them. They take a while to actually cool down, even after the AC is nice and cool. I think it's just grabbing the cabin air and pushing it into the seat vents.

My seats turn on the fans when I have it set to precondition the cab for leaving work. They are always on max by the time I get in, and more than once I've heard the fan from the passenger as it was left on after the wife had been sitting in it the night before. If you crank it on to level 3 and no fan noise, I'd say it's busted.
Sponsored