• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Lariat Seat Deterioration

Howard_Scott_Warshaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat ER, rapid red
I've read a number of threads and articles that @Ford Motor Company cheap'd out on the seat materials in these trucks. That said, has anyone noticed site specific deterioration in the front seats? My driver seat developed stains that don't wipe away, almost like they are permanent burn marks from the heater. And the physical material is also starting to show signs of premature wear.

Anyone else seeing this?

Ford F-150 Lightning Lariat Seat Deterioration 20231005_163427

Ford F-150 Lightning Lariat Seat Deterioration 20231005_163422
Sponsored

Whammy Bar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1971 F100 + 2022⚡Lariat ER
Occupation
Electrician
Mines not that bad, no burn marks, but I swear an 80s Mercedes has less wrinkles in the leather.

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer
Couple of thoughts:
- never heard of burn marks from heater, those look like regular stains since they are irregular and in several places. I searched the ICE forum and nobody mentions burn marks.
- Do you wear a belt , holster, etc that is rubbing the seat back when you get in and out? I've seen leather skin peeling when something slides across it hundreds of times.

TheBigBezo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
At 13k miles, my seat looks significantly better and I'm a big guy (290lbs). For sure get that worked on under warranty. As for stains, I've noticed they do stain super easily, but wiping them down with some interior cleaner always clears it up.

Avocadodude

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariat
Wrinkles on the bottom seat yes, but not the other issues (back rest is perfect). The clips that hold the seats taut always seem to come undone. I definitely can tell a difference in drivers vs passenger's seat (rarely used).

Sponsored

sstevetx

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat ER w/Max Tow - Atlas Blue
Careful use of a heat gun may smooth and tighten up the wrinkles. I watched a lot of you tube videos on it and even tried it on another vehicle to remove some dented impressions in the seats.

LightningShow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Product Development
I’ve seen several threads on this (aside from the discolorations). It appears Ford either had bad QC on the seat or the material manufacturer was making inconsistent fabric. Mine looks fine at 18k (i’m 250 lbs) but i’ve seen some really bad looking Lariat seats at 10k or less. Probably worth trying to make a warranty claim.

OP
OP

Howard_Scott_Warshaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat ER, rapid red
Careful use of a heat gun may smooth and tighten up the wrinkles. I watched a lot of you tube videos on it and even tried it on another vehicle to remove some dented impressions in the seats.
The wrinkles aren't a huge concern of mine ATM. The top surface of the material is physically sloughing off.

cal

First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning, Tesla Model S Plaid
Occupation
retired
Definately a warranty claim thing. Do it soon. And let us know the outcome.

Greased Lightning

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat
I've read a number of threads and articles that @Ford Motor Company cheap'd out on the seat materials in these trucks. That said, has anyone noticed site specific deterioration in the front seats? My driver seat developed stains that don't wipe away, almost like they are permanent burn marks from the heater. And the physical material is also starting to show signs of premature wear.

Anyone else seeing this?

20231005_163427.jpg

20231005_163422.jpg
I had the problem shown in your first image on my driver seat and the dealership had it replaced under warranty with no questions asked. I will say, after getting my truck a year ago at MSRP I don’t have a good relationship with the dealership. So I was surprised they didn’t fight me on this. Must be a pretty well known issue. Having said that. I had no wrinkling on any of the seats and the part they replaced is terribly wrinkled. I’ll be going back in a few weeks to see what they can do.
Sponsored