• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Cooling Fan Running On High Constantly - and other issues...

to1985

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning - Lariat
I have a 2022 Lariat, just at 10,000 miles. Since the truck was brand new, there have been a few issues. Most notable is the cooling fan under the front of the truck runs at high speed almost constantly. I thought it was odd for an electric truck to be this loud but didn’t think much of it. I only found out when my co-workers had their Lightning trucks at the same job site, and they made a comment. I thought they all did it...

Currently on week 2 at the dealer and in loaner Ford Fusion that doesn’t help me with my job and all my equipment I haul.

Here is my list of issues I have had with this thing:
1. Fan on High ALL THE TIME - Very Loud
2. Windows rolling back down when attempting to roll up automatically. The safety triggers.
3. Condensation in the light bar on the tailgate
4. Drive Train Malfunction - randomly pops up, will go away after shutting down and restarting. No loss of power, thankfully. This has become less and less of an issue as more miles are on it.
5. Active Air Dam Fault at about 45-55 mph

The fan issue is stumping the techs and apparently Ford Engineering. I haven't seen any other info on this issue in the forum, so maybe I am the lucky one?
Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
2. Windows rolling back down when attempting to roll up automatically. The safety triggers.
Calibration issue, occurring when folks disconnect and reconnect the low voltage battery, there is a simple procedure to reset this.

Have you or the tech's verified that LVB has a solid connection ie neither positive or negative terminal is loose?

The main cooling fans running high all the time is not a common complaint, the tech's need to figure this out.

The light bar moisture is a common complaint,
The air dam is common and most likely software & sensor related.

BTW, I'm in the area.

OP
OP

to1985

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning - Lariat
Calibration issue, occurring when folks disconnect and reconnect the low voltage battery, there is a simple procedure to reset this.

Have you or the tech's verified that LVB has a solid connection ie neither positive or negative terminal is loose?

The main cooling fans running high all the time is not a common complaint, the tech's need to figure this out.

The light bar moisture is a common complaint,
The air dam is common and most likely software & sensor related.

BTW, I'm in the area.
I've been told all issues but the fan have been addressed in the past 2 weeks that the truck has been in the shop. The fan issue seems to be the last issue that they are trying to figure out. Seems to be a new one for @Ford Motor Company

LifeAsDane

First Name
Dane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' Lightning SR Lariat | 13' F150 EB Lariat
Occupation
Real Estate
I have a 2022 Lariat, just at 10,000 miles. Since the truck was brand new, there have been a few issues. Most notable is the cooling fan under the front of the truck runs at high speed almost constantly. I thought it was odd for an electric truck to be this loud but didn’t think much of it. I only found out when my co-workers had their Lightning trucks at the same job site, and they made a comment. I thought they all did it...

Currently on week 2 at the dealer and in loaner Ford Fusion that doesn’t help me with my job and all my equipment I haul.

Here is my list of issues I have had with this thing:
1. Fan on High ALL THE TIME - Very Loud
3. Condensation in the light bar on the tailgate
4. Drive Train Malfunction - randomly pops up, will go away after shutting down and restarting. No loss of power, thankfully. This has become less and less of an issue as more miles are on it.
5. Active Air Dam Fault at about 45-55 mph

The fan issue is stumping the techs and apparently Ford Engineering. I haven't seen any other info on this issue in the forum, so maybe I am the lucky one?
Interesting to hear about your issues.
1. I'm experiencing the same thing. I didn't think much about it because I'm in 80-degree temps in FL and have no other Lightnings to compare it to. It's very loud to the point where you can hear my truck about 30' away and its sounds like my 2013 f150 sounded before the water pump went a few months back.
3. I experienced my first rain with the truck this past Saturday (about 30min of heavy rain while driving) and yesterday I saw moisture throughout the entire Tailgate Light strip. Called ford parts department and he claims 2-3days to get the taillight strip but service has to look and green light the part order

Haven't experienced the other issues yet but my 2022 is only at 3100 miles.

jmc6020

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat
My 2016 ICE F-150 had the loud cooling fan issue several times and it was a certain sensor that kept going bad. No idea if the Lightning uses similar sensors
Sponsored