• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Cup holder light installation/media bin light/glove box light

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
are these the parts needed for the lightning? Who has the harness?
These will work for the Lightning. The harness is custom made - please send a DM to @JHForman812

I will note that I ordered from Tasca and they are being pretty slow. Charged my card day 1, just received an email today, 5 days later, that they are reviewing my order for accuracy. Whatever that means. You can buy the parts from any dealer so check around. Some discount them and some don't.
Sponsored

jredondox

First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
These will work for the Lightning. The harness is custom made - please send a DM to @JHForman812

I will note that I ordered from Tasca and they are being pretty slow. Charged my card day 1, just received an email today, 5 days later, that they are reviewing my order for accuracy. Whatever that means. You can buy the parts from any dealer so check around. Some discount them and some don't.
thank you! so i need these 3 parts and the harness?

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
thank you! so i need these 3 parts and the harness?
Correct to do it all. You can just do the cupholder if that is all you want. Or you can do the other two lights. Or you can do all 3.

Avocadodude

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariat
Correct to do it all. You can just do the cupholder if that is all you want. Or you can do the other two lights. Or you can do all 3.
Adding a second affirmation. I've done the cupholder already, have the harness to do all three. Media bin and glovebox are supposed to be arriving today. Cupholder has been fine on it's own.

Reactions: GDN

djteotancolis

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Genesis G80
Occupation
Analyst
Adding a second affirmation. I've done the cupholder already, have the harness to do all three. Media bin and glovebox are supposed to be arriving today. Cupholder has been fine on it's own.
Did you get the cup holders done without dismantling the whole dash?

Sponsored

Avocadodude

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariat
Did you get the cup holders done without dismantling the whole dash?
Yes. You don't need to dissemble the dash. It's much easier to work on than my 2011.

I did not really document it, but here's some pics in case it helps.
Ford F-150 Lightning Cup holder light installation/media bin light/glove box light IMG_5260
Ford F-150 Lightning Cup holder light installation/media bin light/glove box light IMG_5261

This was the hardest part, getting this tab to release (without disassembling the dash😁)
Ford F-150 Lightning Cup holder light installation/media bin light/glove box light IMG_5262

I'll try to be more thorough when doing media bin. My brain usually isn't disciplined enough to stop and document it.

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT

For anyone else ordering - SKIP Tasca. They finally have shipped two of the 3 parts and cancelled the 3rd because it was backordered. Every step is way too slow. The glove box light they say was backordered and cancelled I ordered from Varsity on Wednesday and it has already shipped. It will arrive at the same time as the other two from Tasca.

Firestop

First Name
Firestop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 L Lariat ER; Honda Accord Touring
For anyone else ordering - SKIP Tasca. They finally have shipped two of the 3 parts and cancelled the 3rd because it was backordered. Every step is way too slow. The glove box light they say was backordered and cancelled I ordered from Varsity on Wednesday and it has already shipped. It will arrive at the same time as the other two from Tasca.
Same here….I went to Varsity Ford online….we’ll see how this attempt goes……..

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'19 Jaguar I-Pace, '22 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Plumber
Yes. You don't need to dissemble the dash. It's much easier to work on than my 2011.

I did not really document it, but here's some pics in case it helps.
IMG_5260.png
IMG_5261.png

This was the hardest part, getting this tab to release (without disassembling the dash😁)
IMG_5262.png

I'll try to be more thorough when doing media bin. My brain usually isn't disciplined enough to stop and document it.
Do you have to remove any screws to get the side and top panels off or are they all retention clip fasteners?

Also, in your third photo do you need just need to lift the front edge of the panel up enough to clear the retention pin or is there another trick?

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
I got my cupholder installed yesterday using the new wire harness, as well as the media and glove box light. This is very straight forward but was a bit nervous as not every step seems to have been documented.

I'll say after doing it, for the most part it is intuition, just take your time.

Some recap - this is much easier on the Lightning than the ICE. Keep in mind - I did both harnesses, the cupholder and 2 lights. Not all may apply if you only do one or the other.

For trim - it is only 3 pieces - the long piece on each side of the console (post 111 by @Avocadodude ) and the top of the console. The top part comes straight up - a total of 8 clips.

For the side pieces, start at the back and pull out, then work your way toward the dash. Lay them out of the way.

The top part has two posts (detailed well up in post 111 by @Avocadodude ) and those were a pain, but keep the console top laying flat and you can work them out.

Both wiring harnesses run perfectly down the passenger side of the console following one already in place.

Here are a couple more pics I'm not sure I've seen posted, so use as reference as you wish.

Console trim from around cupholders upside down, no screws to remove all push tabs. Also shows 6 T20 torx screws to replace the cupholder itself.
Ford F-150 Lightning Cup holder light installation/media bin light/glove box light IMG_2097

Under dash / foot well ambient light where you'll tap into for the cup holder wiring harness.
Before adding harness:
Ford F-150 Lightning Cup holder light installation/media bin light/glove box light IMG_2111

After adding harness:
Ford F-150 Lightning Cup holder light installation/media bin light/glove box light IMG_2112

I took a few more pictures, I'll look through them again to see if there is additional that might help fill in some of the gaps.

Sponsored
OP
OP

JHForman812

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F350
I got my cupholder installed yesterday using the new wire harness, as well as the media and glove box light. This is very straight forward but was a bit nervous as not every step seems to have been documented.

I'll say after doing it, for the most part it is intuition, just take your time.

Some recap - this is much easier on the Lightning than the ICE. Keep in mind - I did both harnesses, the cupholder and 2 lights. Not all may apply if you only do one or the other.

For trim - it is only 3 pieces - the long piece on each side of the console (post 111 by @Avocadodude ) and the top of the console. The top part comes straight up - a total of 8 clips.

For the side pieces, start at the back and pull out, then work your way toward the dash. Lay them out of the way.

The top part has two posts (detailed well up in post 111 by @Avocadodude ) and those were a pain, but keep the console top laying flat and you can work them out.

Both wiring harnesses run perfectly down the passenger side of the console following one already in place.

Here are a couple more pics I'm not sure I've seen posted, so use as reference as you wish.

Console trim from around cupholders upside down, no screws to remove all push tabs. Also shows 6 T20 torx screws to replace the cupholder itself.
IMG_2097.jpg

Under dash / foot well ambient light where you'll tap into for the cup holder wiring harness.
Before adding harness:
IMG_2111.jpg

After adding harness:
IMG_2112.jpg

I took a few more pictures, I'll look through them again to see if there is additional that might help fill in some of the gaps.

thanks to you and all the others for taking better pictures. I dont have access to an F150 this is all based on what I learned doing my super duty. so everyone taking pictures is helping a lot !

Avocadodude

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariat
Do you have to remove any screws to get the side and top panels off or are they all retention clip fasteners?

Also, in your third photo do you need just need to lift the front edge of the panel up enough to clear the retention pin or is there another trick?
No screws. The front pins are a little challenging, patience and gentle pressure, finally got it lose.

Avocadodude

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariat
Adding a couple more pictures. For the glove box and media bin the power is coming from the plug on the the center console (Thank you @JHForman812 , I forgot there was a light in there because I have a console vault. 🤦🏻‍♂️) Picture with adapter.
Ford F-150 Lightning Cup holder light installation/media bin light/glove box light F2DD982A-EDC4-4BB5-B761-C64199CE1967
Also the hole for the glove box light retaining clip is a little hidden. Picture with clip in place.
Ford F-150 Lightning Cup holder light installation/media bin light/glove box light E62A6F9A-001E-4D40-96E6-FA84D127E220
Use the existing clip to guide you.

Hope this helps.

bewbie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER Rapid Red
Thinking of doing this, can some please post some pictures at night after doing these mods? TYIA

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer