• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Cup holder light installation/media bin light/glove box light

gsquirrel02

First Name
Andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2020 Pathfinder
Took me a bit longer than for those of you who had experience with ICE F-#50s, but I finally got the cup holder, media bin, and glove box lights installed in my Lariat ER. Much thanks to @JHForman812 @GDN and @Avocadodude for the tips and pix. I didn't have to unbolt my console either; made the job much easier for me.
Sponsored

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
It's not easy to remember to take pictures and then document a procedure step by step. I'm glad a couple of snapshots helped out. This truly seems to be one of the best mods, considering bang for the buck, at least for me.

Avocadodude

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariat
It's not easy to remember to take pictures and then document a procedure step by step. I'm glad a couple of snapshots helped out. This truly seems to be one of the best mods, considering bang for the buck, at least for me.
Every night I get in my truck I’m happy I did this 😀.

Mujenpwr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning ER
Tons of great info on this thread. Parts and harness ordered. Hope it all comes in quickly.

Sponsored

flyin525

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
Has anyone ordered and received a media bin light recently? I’ve tried Tasca, onlinefordpartscatalig.com, and my local dealer, none have any and don’t know when they will. My cup holder is arriving today. I figured it would be the hard one to get.

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
Has anyone ordered and received a media bin light recently? I’ve tried Tasca, onlinefordpartscatalig.com, and my local dealer, none have any and don’t know when they will. My cup holder is arriving today. I figured it would be the hard one to get.
Tasca is a joke. Try Varsity Ford.

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer
I ordered in November and one of the three was back-ordered until January. Don't remember if it was glove box or media bin, wasn't cupholder. (I guess there's a reason they eliminated this feature). Order from dealer or Varsity, etc. - hopefully it will get here eventually.

Henry Ford

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning
I just picked up the bin and glovebox lights from Varsity yesterday. They took about two weeks to arrive. I was a little concerned when they said the parts were backordered but two weeks is perfectly reasonable in my opinion.

Sponsored

White Lightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 IBSM F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Pharmacist | Pharmacy Owner
Ford F-150 Lightning Cup holder light installation/media bin light/glove box light IMG_4271

I really like how this turned out and was actually easier than I thought it would be. I don't if anyone has noticed from my previous posts, but I'm quite fond of this shade of blue :LOL: Thanks @JHForman812!

I purchased all the parts from lascoautoparts.com and had them within a week.

Part Number
Part Name
Price
Quantity
Total
ML3Z-14A411-C
Glove Box Lamp
$24.96
$24.96
ML3Z-14A318-C
Wiring Assembly Interior Lamp
$22.66
$22.66
ML3Z-1513562-CB
Cup Holder
$22.60
$22.60

Subtotal: $70.22
Estimated Shipping via Economy Shipping: $20.00
Total: $90.22

UpWithFilm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Kia Niro Ev, '23 Avalanche Lightning XLT
IMG_4271.jpeg

I really like how this turned out and was actually easier than I thought it would be. I don't if anyone has noticed from my previous posts, but I'm quite fond of this shade of blue :LOL: Thanks @JHForman812!

I purchased all the parts from lascoautoparts.com and had them within a week.

Part Number
Part Name
Price
Quantity
Total
ML3Z-14A411-C
Glove Box Lamp
$24.96
$24.96
ML3Z-14A318-C
Wiring Assembly Interior Lamp
$22.66
$22.66
ML3Z-1513562-CB
Cup Holder
$22.60
$22.60

Subtotal: $70.22
Estimated Shipping via Economy Shipping: $20.00
Total: $90.22
Looks great! And looking forward to working with @JHForman812 once I take delivery of my truck.

This may be a strange question, but are the lights for all of these mods always blue? I'm guessing they're not addressable and I haven't seen any options to order different colors.

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer
This may be a strange question, but are the lights for all of these mods always blue? I'm guessing they're not addressable and I haven't seen any options to order different colors.
Fixed color not addressable. The media bin and console are blue. Glove box is white. No option to change colors like the Mach-E or even my son's 2013 Escape.
Sponsored