• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Cybertruck frunk open view reveals its design, and it looks familiar!

Pod

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 AMB Lightning XLT SR
I totally underestimated the frunk from a practical standpoint. So useful and well thought out. You can put a TON of stuff in it AND ice cold beer. Winner.
Sponsored

brewski

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150L Platinum
Occupation
Yes
I envision a lot of concussions with that vehicle.

RickKeen

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L SR Pro
Occupation
sw engineering manager,
I use the frunk for infrequently-used things that are nice to have riding along in the truck. Tools, jumper cables, tire pump, cargo straps, spare bad-weather clothes,
Its the perfect place for folding chairs and umbrellas so always prepared to attend a kid's baseball game in any weather.
But I would trade the funk for 2' longer cargo bed (can always add a chest or toolbox in the bed).

KevinC

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
98 F150,Fusion, 2023 Lightning, 2022 Mach E
Munro did a review of some of the most recent leaked photos and one thing they pointed out was the potential for a significant blind spot due to the awkward A pillar configuration. When you look at what they are talking about it does seem like it could be pretty hard to see around. It has such an odd slope because of that massive windshield. While you can see straight ahead pretty well it looks like turns may have some difficulty with getting a clear view. I'm sure Elon would just say it doesn't matter because FSD is going to take care of it soon.

Sponsored

jimfigler

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning Lariat ER, 21 Corvette Convertible
To each is own but the frunk is a waste of space. I've only used it when forced. 99% of the time my backseat is empty. So much more convenient. Chop off the frunk and give me better mileage.

Solar_EE

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning XLT Ioniq 6 AWD
Occupation
electrical engineer
To each is own but the frunk is a waste of space. I've only used it when forced. 99% of the time my backseat is empty. So much more convenient. Chop off the frunk and give me better mileage.
Frunk was a great use of the space since they kept the overall truck like an ICE F150. The second generation should have a much smaller frunk and a longer bed- I guess we'll see in a year or two. I plan to buy the next generation Ford electric truck when it is available.
Sponsored