• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Cybertruck frunk open view reveals its design, and it looks familiar!

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
Nice! Still no towing video or pictures of it testing

detansinn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red F150 Lightning Lariat Extended Battery
It's going to have one, but there isn't much room up there with the unibody construction of the truck. It will be smaller than the Lightning given the realities of the shape. On the F150, it's a Mega Power Frunk -- power, because Ford has outlets up there. Tesla has yet to put 110v outlets in any of their vehicles and are pretty miserly on USB ports.

Ford F-150 Lightning Cybertruck frunk open view reveals its design, and it looks familiar! IMG_1589

Sponsored

cal

First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning, Tesla Model S Plaid
Occupation
retired
Yea I couldn’t help showing off my huge frunk when I dropped off a tire at my local Tesla service center. Funk envy is real and the CT will be smaller. NOT that size matters. At least not when you have the biggest frunk known to mankind!

Nobody every said I wish the frunk was smaller. Men with big frunks have always been much more attractive than…

OK I’ll stop now.

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager

detansinn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red F150 Lightning Lariat Extended Battery
Tesla fanboys can downplay it all they want, but having a truly useful trunk/frunk on pickup truck is truly a revelation. Hanging grocery bags on hooks in the F150 frunk is leagues better than putting grocery bags loose in a bed. It's not just about groceries. With the F150 Lightning, you can haul camping gear in the frunk and have a motorcycle in the bed.

Sponsored

VTbuckeye

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 Bolt, 16 XC90T8, 22 XC40 P8 Recharge, 17 Tacoma
Currently I have a few lifejackets, a pair of running shoes, two pairs of MTB shoes (for flats and clipless), a couple bike helmets, an electric chainsaw (I could have extra batteries charging up there too), large supply of bungee cords, and backpack. In the winter add a couple pairs of snowshoes and maybe take out the lifejackets (snowshoes didn't get removed until June). All that is NOT fitting in the Tesla frunk.

KevinC

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
98 F150,Fusion, 2023 Lightning, 2022 Mach E
It makes me wonder if T3 is going to resemble the cybertruck in this regard or the lightning. From a range and efficiency perspective the cybertruck is likely the better design, but from a utility perspective the lightning seems better.

I still don't like the high sides of the cybertruck bed because I can imagine all the times I'll be leaning over to put something in or take something out and those sides aren't friendly until you get to the tailgate. Cybertruck is going to require an entire rethink for anyone who uses something like a bed toolbox that spans the bed rails.

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER
Can you even fit a carry-on bag in that? I put 2, plus a box of school supplies, 2 sleeping bags, and my backpack in it. Then I had room for a large cooler between the kiddos in the back and loaded the bed with 4 boxes of clothes, high chair, toddler slide, baby bed, and other baby "stuff" to donate. I'm happy with utility over efficiency.

cal

First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning, Tesla Model S Plaid
Occupation
retired
Tesla fanboys can downplay it all they want, but having a truly useful trunk/frunk on pickup truck is truly a revelation. Hanging grocery bags on hooks in the F150 frunk is leagues better than putting grocery bags loose in a bed. It's not just about groceries. With the F150 Lightning, you can haul camping gear in the frunk and have a motorcycle in the bed.
Owned three Model S’s since 2013 and we never use the frunk. Too much of a PIA to open and close every time. Major miss in original design. We use the Lightning frunk all the time. It’s just so convenient. And the net, hanging hooks make it so easy. Love using the lower cover inside to stabilze stuff like watermelons etc.

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
I still don't like the high sides of the cybertruck bed because I can imagine all the times I'll be leaning over to put something in or take something out and those sides aren't friendly until you get to the tailgate. Cybertruck is going to require an entire rethink for anyone who uses something like a bed toolbox that spans the bed rails.
Frunkwise, my guess is somewhere in the middle. Smaller than the Lightning, but bigger than the Cybertruck. That way they can get more streamlined and (with good packaging) have a 6' or 6.5' bed instead of just 5.5'
Sponsored