• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

dealer price protection question (any dealers out there?)

EdwinT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning Pro, Matrix, 91 Galant VR4 (for sale)
Let me start by stating I completely understand that dealers can charge whatever they want. This question is with respect to how the dealers pricing works; not what they will charge me.

Situation:
  • 2023 Pro order was place on Aug11 when the MSRP was ~$47k
  • a few weeks later the MSRP was bumped to ~$52k
  • Ford.com account still shows the order is $47k MSRP
  • window sticker shows the $52k MSRP price
QUESTION: will the dealer be price protected by Ford at the price the order was placed at (~$47k) or will they get hit with the ~$52k figure?

Thank you in advance! looking forward to joining the Lightning crew!
Sponsored

Shady

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150xlt
this has been asked and answered 10K times.

The MSRP on the window sticker must show the higher price in case the person with "price protection" decides not to take the truck. The dealer/ford cannot raise the MSRP price on the window sticker to sell it to the next person who walks on the lot to buy it.

OP
OP
EdwinT

EdwinT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
this has been asked and answered 10K times.

The MSRP on the window sticker must show the higher price in case the person with "price protection" decides not to take the truck. The dealer/ford cannot raise the MSRP price on the window sticker to sell it to the next person who walks on the lot to buy it.
That does not answer my question. I understand that the window sticker will show the updated MSRP. My question is will the dealer be price protected to the price I placed my order at? If you have a link to a discussion about this please share. Because I didn’t see one answering this question.

jimfigler

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning Lariat ER, 21 Corvette Convertible
That does not answer my question. I understand that the window sticker will show the updated MSRP. My question is will the dealer be price protected to the price I placed my order at? If you have a link to a discussion about this please share. Because I didn’t see one answering this question.
They should but are not required to. So they are a few of us in this same scenario. They should hold the $46974 plus options and destination and also honor the $7000 private offer

Shady

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150xlt

1> the dealer should honor the price

2> crappy dealers can screw you on the price and you will have to yell scream make phone calls social media posts and hope they do the right thing.

Sponsored
OP
OP
EdwinT

EdwinT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
They should but are not required to. So they are a few of us in this same scenario. They should hold the $46974 plus options and destination and also honor the $7000 private offer
I really hope they do since they told me they would.

What I am trying to find out though is how the financials work on the dealer’s end when MSRP changes by Ford after an order is already placed. Does Ford
1. invoice them the ordered at MSRP ($47k)
OR
2. Invoice the new MSRP and credit the dealer the difference ($52k-$5k = $47k original MSRP)
OR
3. the dealer gets charged the new MSRP with no price protection to what the truck was ordered at

I want to have my facts ready incase they try claiming they get charged the new MSRP

jimfigler

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning Lariat ER, 21 Corvette Convertible
Let me start by stating I completely understand that dealers can charge whatever they want. This question is with respect to how the dealers pricing works; not what they will charge me.

Situation:
  • 2023 Pro order was place on Aug11 when the MSRP was ~$47k
  • a few weeks later the MSRP was bumped to ~$52k
  • Ford.com account still shows the order is $47k MSRP
  • window sticker shows the $52k MSRP price
QUESTION: will the dealer be price protected by Ford at the price the order was placed at (~$47k) or will they get hit with the ~$52k figure?

Thank you in advance! looking forward to joining the Lightning crew!
Ford F-150 Lightning dealer price protection question (any dealers out there?) 57348BED-B651-404B-8CA6-DA2CB5C046E5

Flashy McLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Maverick
I really hope they do since they told me they would.

What I am trying to find out though is how the financials work on the dealer’s end when MSRP changes by Ford after an order is already placed. Does Ford
1. invoice them the ordered at MSRP ($47k)
OR
2. Invoice the new MSRP and credit the dealer the difference ($52k-$5k = $47k original MSRP)
OR
3. the dealer gets charged the new MSRP with no price protection to what the truck was ordered at

I want to have my facts ready incase they try claiming they get charged the new MSRP
#2. Dealer gets a credit approximately 45 days after the sale if the name and address match.

OP
OP
EdwinT

EdwinT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles