• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

2023 Price Protection HELP!

F150Blue

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
my dealer isn't giving me the price protection from the October price increase (5k) they did have the transition offer from 2022-2023 (7k).
Please @Granger Ford @FordVideoGuy , someone else, anyone else!!!!
Sponsored

boggle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY23 PRO
If they print the DORA from when you first placed the order it will have the correct invoice (minus PCO). Refer the dealer to their regional sales rep who should be able to clear it up. That being said, whether or not you have to front the $5,000 price match before Ford reimburses the dealer is seemingly up to the dealer's discretion.

There was a memo sent to dealers about the price change/lack of PRO trims, but we knew some would still play dumb:
https://www.f150lightningforum.com/...otection-private-cash-offer.13801/post-288245

OP
OP

F150Blue

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
they are playing dumb and saying cuz transition is over the raise in price its a better deal and they won't call they told me too.

Driver8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning
Would be nice if @Ford Motor Company jumped in here. This is getting ridiculous.

The more instances there are like this, the less likely any of us will want to order another Ford in the future. Why order and wait for a Ford if you cannot be assured of the price when you pick it up?

Sponsored
OP
OP

F150Blue

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
So many of us went through this. Go look at 10/24 build week. It should work out in the end, it did for most of us
I got them to sign a form that if they get it they’ll foward it

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
After you buy your truck you get a survey, just give the appropriate feedback on that survey. Dealers that play dumb get what's coming to them...

NoBite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning Pro
@boggle, we are sharing the same regional Ford Sales rep, and he is currently declining the 5k price protection after my dealer allegedly reached out to him for confirmation. The same problem that many others are reporting all over the forums. You are likely going to face the same challenge next week when your truck comes in. Please PM me if you think it makes sense to join forces...

regentscholar

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S '12, Model 3 '17, Ford '23 F-150 Pro
There's no evidence on the forums that this has worked for anyone though... I'd be happy to be proven wrong

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'19 Jaguar I-Pace, '22 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Plumber
Ford needs to get a grip on this issue. It's making me anxious and I don't even have to deal with price protection.

Sponsored

boggle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY23 PRO
Ironically I posted what seemed like the "solution" a week ago and now find myself facing the same issue when I went to pick up the truck at my dealer. They see the price level increase but won't honor it, claiming that they don't believe that Ford would price protect and offer a PCO on the same vehicle. They claim to have reached out to the regional rep who stated the same, "he's been doing this 20 years, he would know." @Ford Motor Company this is tarnishing your reputation and you clearly do not care to intervene.

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
Ironically I posted what seemed like the "solution" a week ago and now find myself facing the same issue when I went to pick up the truck at my dealer. They see the price level increase but won't honor it, claiming that they don't believe that Ford would price protect and offer a PCO on the same vehicle. They claim to have reached out to the regional rep who stated the same, "he's been doing this 20 years, he would know." @Ford Motor Company this is tarnishing your reputation and you clearly do not care to intervene.
Remember, the dealer is NOT owned by Ford.
Dealers are independent franchisees.

They can run their independent business anyway they want.

If your dealer is unwilling to front the price protection, just let the F&I manager know you will be giving them ZEROs on the Ford survey.

That will get the F&I manager's attention as his bonus is tied directly to the survey.

boggle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY23 PRO
If your dealer is unwilling to front the price protection, just let the F&I manager know you will be giving them ZEROs on the Ford survey.

That will get the F&I manager's attention as his bonus is tied directly to the survey.
I don't even want the money fronted, as I told you before I understand that is a burden on the dealer. And by this point Ford knows not all of their dealers honor the original price level as described by their price protection policy. I just want a commitment that I will eventually get a check back from the dealer but nobody has been able to produce anything promising me that. Dealer is confident they will not receive anything from Ford, and I have no way to track it and prove otherwise. If they want to play dumb after 60 days I'll take it up with the AG and DMV dealer licensing department and they can explain why they don't honor Ford's price protection policy.

The fact that a survey is the only form of accountability we have for dealers is laughable.

vatsil

First Name
Vikas Vats
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Pro 2023 (soon hopefully)
@F150Blue were you able to get the truck and price protection?
I am in Central Nj and with a pro that I went to pick up yesterday, but the dealer’s GM basically said either buy it without the 5k protection or he will sell.

I have emailed and called a few Ford #s. Dealer alleges that the regional manager does not acknowledge the 5k October protection.

did anyone find any Ford person who was willing to put some sense into the dealer here in NJ area

thanks - awesome forum just found and joined last evening.

I think the @Ford Motor Company should know there is an issue here -i called Ford customer service while at the dealership as well and they kept forwarding me to marketing - closed on weekends.

boggle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY23 PRO
@F150Blue were you able to get the truck and price protection?
I am in Central Nj and with a pro that I went to pick up yesterday, but the dealer’s GM basically said either buy it without the 5k protection or he will sell.

I have emailed and called a few Ford #s. Dealer alleges that the regional manager does not acknowledge the 5k October protection.

did anyone find any Ford person who was willing to put some sense into the dealer here in NJ area

thanks - awesome forum just found and joined last evening.

I think the @Ford Motor Company should know there is an issue here -i called Ford customer service while at the dealership as well and they kept forwarding me to marketing - closed on weekends.
Same issue. Dealer refuses to acknowledge the Price Protection. Canvassed all of Ford's socially media pages and have gotten zero response. Going to have my dealer print and sign the DORA from my Aug. 11 date as just some sort of written protection for myself. If they claim they never get a rebate after 60 days they'll be hearing from the AG and my state's dealer licensing board and they can explain to them why they don't follow Ford's Price Protection Policy.
Sponsored