• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

2023 Price Protection HELP!

bordner42

First Name
Brendan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning Pro
@F150Blue were you able to get the truck and price protection?
I am in Central Nj and with a pro that I went to pick up yesterday, but the dealer’s GM basically said either buy it without the 5k protection or he will sell.

I have emailed and called a few Ford #s. Dealer alleges that the regional manager does not acknowledge the 5k October protection.

did anyone find any Ford person who was willing to put some sense into the dealer here in NJ area

thanks - awesome forum just found and joined last evening.

I think the @Ford Motor Company should know there is an issue here -i called Ford customer service while at the dealership as well and they kept forwarding me to marketing - closed on weekends.
Please keep us updated with what ends up happening. Will be getting my Pro from Malouf Ford in central Jersey here soon and when I called they didn't claim to know anything about it. The most he could offer as an idea was that it was something they'd get reimbursed from Ford on, he said that's the way the price protection had worked for Mach-E's they'd sold.
Sponsored

OP
OP

F150Blue

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
I am in Central Nj and with a pro that I went to pick up yesterday, but the dealer’s GM basically said either buy it without the 5k protection or he will sell.

I have emailed and called a few Ford #s. Dealer alleges that the regional manager does not acknowledge the 5k October protection.

did anyone find any Ford person who was willing to put some sense into the dealer here in NJ area

I think the @Ford Motor Company should know there is an issue here -i called Ford customer service while at the dealership as well and they kept forwarding me to marketing - closed on weekends.
I just got a paper that they’d give it if they get it

bordner42

First Name
Brendan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning Pro

What dealership is this?

Silenze

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford also increased the price on the maverick after they closed orders. So the same thing is happening to orders scheduled after the increase. The dealers are playing dumb. They just want your money.

vatsil

First Name
Vikas Vats
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Pro 2023 (soon hopefully)
It’s Haldeman in East Windsor

Sponsored

vatsil

First Name
Vikas Vats
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
@F150Blue or anyone else - could someone share what the letter from dealer should look like. Just want to make sure it’s specific enough .. and defendable.

boggle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY23 PRO
Tim Bartz was kind enough to provide the memo his dealership received for the Price Level increase. I forwarded that to my dealer and they miraculously acknowledged I am eligible for Price Protection after all. Getting a signed DORA from my order date and a copy of the email confirming the price protection exists from the GM.

If a dealer is confused refer them to the QUESTIONS section at the bottom, and tell them to submit via FMCDealer and select Dealers Ask Ford – Business Assistance Center. They will set them straight.

This system is a joke and @Ford Motor Company should be ashamed of themselves for letting their dealerships take advantage of their buyers.

Attachments

regentscholar

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S '12, Model 3 '17, Ford '23 F-150 Pro
Tim Bartz was kind enough to provide the memo his dealership received for the Price Level increase. I forwarded that to my dealer and they miraculously acknowledged I am eligible for Price Protection after all. Getting a signed DORA from my order date and a copy of the email confirming the price protection exists from the GM.

If a dealer is confused refer them to the QUESTIONS section at the bottom, and tell them to submit via FMCDealer and select Dealers Ask Ford – Business Assistance Center. They will set them straight.

This system is a joke and @Ford Motor Company should be ashamed of themselves for letting their dealerships take advantage of their buyers.
So are they acknowledging it to the extent that your purchase contract is being updated to reflect the price protection? Or are they still just saying you'll get a refund check from dealership once they receive compensation from Ford?

boggle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY23 PRO
So are they acknowledging it to the extent that your purchase contract is being updated to reflect the price protection? Or are they still just saying you'll get a refund check from dealership once they receive compensation from Ford?
Refund check still which is BS in my eyes but at least I now have a signed, written commitment from the GM that I will receive a reimbursement of $5,000 from my dealer in 45-60 days as soon as they get it from Ford. Friday afternoon my dealer flat told me I'm not eligible for price protection despite showing him the memo then. The Business Assistance Center 100% changed his tune. Sad they can't be trusted to actually read the memos from Ford and operate as an honest dealership. Really hurts me to know how many people these dealerships screw out of price protections they aren't aware of. Reporting this scam to the state so nobody has to deal with the bullshit I just did.

Last edited:

vatsil

First Name
Vikas Vats
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Same here - I got a copy of the current invoice which is 5k higher than what was on the DORA. Essentially the dealer will get the 5k after there is verification that the dealer sold it to the person that ordered it.

My dealer is not willing to front it - I only get a We owe stating that I get a check when they get the price protection money.

Trying to finish up and take it home. Thanks all for all the help. Without the memos the dealer wouldn’t even acknowledge that Price Protection is in place.

@Ford Motor Company has an issue at hand. The regional reps are clueless and surprisingly it’s almost impossible to connect to anyone on Ford.

My previous EV buys were 10 min transactions. In fact I didn’t even go to the dealership.

And of course there is the issue of not even signing up for the NJ rebate: 4K down the drain that didn’t have to come from Ford’s pocket

Sponsored

alexose

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 C-Max, 1999 F150
10/24 build week here with a Pro. Chiming in here with my own experience:

I was never able to get my dealer to acknowledge the Price Protection Program. It's been about 50 days since I made the purchase, and still no word from either dealer or corporate. I have an open case with Ford Marketing which I check up on about once a week. They've promised to have a supervisor call me back several times, but so far that hasn't happened. Nobody in the lower ranks can give me any substantive updates-- I've been in the dark this entire time.

This isn't my first time being stuck in support limbo, but I've never seen a company be this hands-off over a matter of thousands of dollars.

I recognize that @Ford Motor Company is working out the kinks with their dealers. I just think this is a bad look. I don't trust anyone to give me a straight answer anymore. The complete lack of urgency is making me nervous about having a relationship with them into the future. Pretty disappointing, because I do love the truck.

jimfigler

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning Lariat ER, 21 Corvette Convertible

Super 👍🏻

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
Isn't it funny that dealers like Tim Bartz @FordVideoGuy will front the price protection while others will not ?

Why is that?

Makes me want to order my next Ford with Long McArthur Ford in KS and pick it up to drive home!

boggle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY23 PRO
Dealer Selling Price my ass. Base MSRP for my vehicle invoice was $51,974. How are dealers allowed put the burden on the buyer when they know they are getting a rebate from Ford? The dealer's free cash flow is not of my concern. @Ford Motor Company you will have to answer for how this is being allowed to happen to us. Hiding behind a franchise agreement is unacceptable, these are the few prices you control. Your dealers have shown that they will bend us over a barrel time and time again. For your sake I hope you're not sending rebates to dealers overcharging MSRP and not passing it onto the buyers...

Ford F-150 Lightning 2023 Price Protection HELP! price_protectio

TerryNelsen

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
Electrician
@boggle, we are sharing the same regional Ford Sales rep, and he is currently declining the 5k price protection after my dealer allegedly reached out to him for confirmation. The same problem that many others are reporting all over the forums. You are likely going to face the same challenge next week when your truck comes in. Please PM me if you think it makes sense to join forces...
I think we should join forces. Power in #s.
Sponsored