• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Delivery suddenly delayed 30 miles away?

GolfJRM

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning (If it ever gets delivered)
Occupation
Teacher
So six days ago my Lightning was in Chula Vista (about 33 miles away). Last night I get an email that says "Your vehicle’s previous estimated delivery range of January 30, 2023, and February 5, 2023, has been updated to between February 10, 2023, and February 16, 2023."

Anyone have any ideas why? I am going to call the dealer later this morning
Sponsored

Its PJ Bia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning PRO
From what I have been able to find out, its a vehicle carrier delay from the rail yard to the dealership. A bunch of us in the 1/9 build group went from early feb to early march after traveling by rail with no issue. The United Road site shows several vehicles pending before mine so I assume its just a backup they need to work through before they get to our trucks.

OP
OP

GolfJRM

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Teacher
Wow! Thanks for the info. How do you find that out? Secret connections? Chinese weather balloon footage? (Sorry...couldn't resist)

Its PJ Bia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning PRO
Wow! Thanks for the info. How do you find that out? Secret connections? Chinese weather balloon footage? (Sorry...couldn't resist)
I found a thread on a bronco forum where it explained how to register (on your phone only) for the United Road website and see updates specifically for your dealer.

Go here, look up your VIN https://www.unitedroad.com/delivery-receipt (check the box to say your not a robot)
Once the next page comes up, I had an option to register for my dealership. Just entered my name and email address

received an email with a temp password and then went to https://new.unitedroadlogistics.com/Oviss/Screens/CustomerTracking/orders
to log in. I can then see current orders, deliveries, or look up my vin to see my status.

Hope that helps.

Last edited:
OP
OP

GolfJRM

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Teacher
That is pretty cool...thanks

Sponsored

Gewalt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro (no options)
Mine is also in San Diego, presumably the same yard as yours (Ramp 5A San Diego). It left the rail yesterday and I still have my ETA of 2/10 to 2/16. Where's yours headed? Mine's going to KM Ford.

AAnative

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Pro
Lightning64 and I have been trying to track our trucks that had "keys missing" and therefore couldn't ship from factory.

There may be a larger issue at play here as Lightning64 reported the following yesterday:

I just learned this morning that Ford has put a "stop shipment" on Lightnings that are built and awaiting shipment due to a potential technical issue. No confirmation that it is related to this issue, but it seems to be in alignment timing wise. Carriers are waiting for an update in the next several days on if the vehicles will be released for shipment.

This seems to line up with the few details I can get out of my dealer rep. I suspect that Ford is dealing with a potential recall and probably trying to determine the extent of vehicles involved.

Lightning64

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
Lightning64 and I have been trying to track our trucks that had "keys missing" and therefore couldn't ship from factory.

There may be a larger issue at play here as Lightning64 reported the following yesterday:

I just learned this morning that Ford has put a "stop shipment" on Lightnings that are built and awaiting shipment due to a potential technical issue. No confirmation that it is related to this issue, but it seems to be in alignment timing wise. Carriers are waiting for an update in the next several days on if the vehicles will be released for shipment.

This seems to line up with the few details I can get out of my dealer rep. I suspect that Ford is dealing with a potential recall and probably trying to determine the extent of vehicles involved.
Yes. Ford confirmed again this morning that they have placed a "stop shipment" on Lightnings due to a potential technical issue. They have not provided a date that this will be resolved / released. But essentially they are not letting transportation companies pick up Lightnings right now. Not sure if that applies to everyone that is having delays, but it does seem to be a bigger issue than just normal shipping delays at this point.

Its PJ Bia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning PRO
Yes. Ford confirmed again this morning that they have placed a "stop shipment" on Lightnings due to a potential technical issue. They have not provided a date that this will be resolved / released. But essentially they are not letting transportation companies pick up Lightnings right now. Not sure if that applies to everyone that is having delays, but it does seem to be a bigger issue than just normal shipping delays at this point.
Where did they confirm this?

OP
OP

GolfJRM

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Teacher
Mine is also in San Diego, presumably the same yard as yours (Ramp 5A San Diego). It left the rail yesterday and I still have my ETA of 2/10 to 2/16. Where's yours headed? Mine's going to KM Ford.
Gosch Ford Escondido

Sponsored

Lightning64

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
Where did they confirm this?
My transportation company and the Ford Customer Service individual that is assigned to my truck have both confirmed there is a stop shipment on my truck and seems to be extended to others as well. Transportation company made it sound like there is a large stoppage on Lightning shipments that started yesterday and possibly sometime into last week.

Sealevel

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 XLT Lightning SR
Occupation
Engineer

Thank you for the information - I was supposed to get my XLT this week, but now delayed 3 to 4 weeks. I've been conversing with several others in the 1/9 build week thread.

eopiela

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
Attorney
I had the same problem happen with my Lightning a week and a half ago. "Stuck at the rail yard in San Antonio due to a labor shortage" was what I was told. I abandoned the order and bought a used 2022 for $5k less and more features (heated steering wheel, scales, etc).

TheBigBezo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Keep in mind those emails aren't always accurate. My truck sat for a week waiting on a truck for final delivery to the dealership. I was able to watch the United Road shipments to see a pattern of when to expect delivery. Ford told me my truck was delayed until the 1st week of February the day it got picked up and taken to the dealership (January 19th). Once my truck went through PDI I did get an immediate notification via email.

claybird22

First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
My lightning has been 50 miles away from the dealership since 12/2. New delivery date is 3/3. The only information I received is it left the factory without keys.
Sponsored