• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Did Ford remove markups on 2023?

F150Blue

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
I have gotten to order a 2023 Lightning. My dealer in 2022 had 2,500 markup. My 2023 order didn't have a markup. Wonder if ford fixed markups. I have signed the order sheet
Sponsored

OP
OP

F150Blue

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
Ford corporate cannot legally require a dealer to charge their pricing. They can suggest that they do, they can incentivize selling ordered vehicles at MSRP. But legally, Ford cannot dictate dealer sales price.
What most likely happened is the dealer was getting too much pushback from customers and removed it from the online ordering system. However I wouldn't be surprised to see them try to tack things on at vehicle delivery.

As stated above. The vast majority of ordered vehicles are being delivered without adm. Vehicles that make it to dealer inventory however are a whole different ballgame.

Sponsored
OP
OP

F150Blue

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Ford corporate cannot legally require a dealer to charge their pricing. They can suggest that they do, they can incentivize selling ordered vehicles at MSRP. But legally, Ford cannot dictate dealer sales price.
What most likely happened is the dealer was getting too much pushback from customers and removed it from the online ordering system. However I wouldn't be surprised to see them try to tack things on at vehicle delivery.

As stated above. The vast majority of ordered vehicles are being delivered without adm. Vehicles that make it to dealer inventory however are a whole different ballgame.
but it was supposed to be fixed when the dealer becomes model e certified

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
but it was supposed to be fixed when the dealer becomes model e certified
I would imagine it would make the news of Ford had started renegotiating dealer contacts for the split between ica and ev. I haven't seen anything about it. Even then, many states have laws that will prevent Ford from dictating pricing. It will be interesting to see what Ford is able to legally mandate and if/how/when dealers will sue them over it.

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Lightning ER Lariat
Occupation
Fun-Employed
Likely unrelated, but a quick scroll through CarGuru in my area and there is only one Lightning listed by a dealer for above MSRP, many without prices listed at all, and several purporting to be listed at MSRP. Strange compared to few weeks ago, when the only Lightnings listed were each for $20-30K over MSRP.

Sponsored

monsterlag

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning, Tesla Model Y Performance
As I mentioned, most owners did not pay ADM
We have no data on this to make this claim. The data we have here is a small skewed sample size compared to the rest of the US that have taken delivery.

hturnerfamily

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 LIGHTNING PRO IcedBlueSilver 8/23/2022
Occupation
Owner
A) FORD has no 'markups', only dealers might, if they so choose
B) FORD has no control over dealer markups
C) FORD raised it's 2023 MSRP pricing over $7,000 for each model/trim
D) The customer can choose their own dealer before they order
E) Since FORD's MSRP for the LIGHTNING is inclusive of up to 10% profits for the dealers, the MSRP increase means up to at least another $700 in profits, even without any 'markups'

RavenYZF-R6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma
Only fools pay markup
Sometimes it makes sense. I paid 2k extra to get a 2022. If I didn’t I would be end of next year at best.

$7,000 price increase.
1.5 year wait
Not eligible for tax credit. -$7,500.
I have AM radio
I have bed scales
I have Iced Blue Silver

Guess if I’d rather pay 12.5k more I could have waited. Only thing better for waiting would have been heated seats in my pro. I figure in a year or two I’ll add Katskin heated/cooled or see what’s out on the market

hturnerfamily

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 LIGHTNING PRO IcedBlueSilver 8/23/2022
Occupation
Owner
agreed, smart move - ADM means nothing if the deal fits your situation
Sponsored