• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

watchdoc

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Leaf SV+, 2016 Ram Big Horn
Occupation
watchmaker
Only reason I looked at the Sol Ark is a local PV installer sells them. They are quite expensive and I haven't decided to get one yet. I will definitely research the SolarEdge too.
I'm going thru the same thing now getting quotes and researching products. I like REC and Panasonic panels since they come with a labor warranty and have the highest performance over time and I liked SolarEdge for the all in one solution and they are made in USA. Only REC, Panasonic, and Sunpower offer a labor warranty. Sunpower soooo expensive.

If I was gonna try to do a super cheap DIY setup, I would probably buy Q cell or Silfab panels and use a cheap Growatt hybrid inverter and just install a 14-50 outlet for EV charging.

SolarEdge eliminates the need to buy a separate EV charger or transfer switch. The panel optimizers allow for shading and multiple string roof locations. The Ev charging offers a EV boost feature.
Sponsored

Last edited:

watchdoc

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Leaf SV+, 2016 Ram Big Horn
Occupation
watchmaker
Here are links to the two inverters and my list of pros and cons. Please tell me what you think. Again, I plan to run zero export. If someone knows of another inverter that does all this, I would like to hear about it. Also, please let me know if you see any mistakes in my assesment.

Ford/Delta Home integration system (HIS)
https://aeeexpress.com/crsdocroot/content/images/products/large/e4b8ae6e467c726e10dc614933665f7d.pdf

Pros
-9600 watt Pure sine wave solar hybrid inverter with birectional EV charging
-allows you to seemlessly use the truck to power the inverter during an outage
-allows both DC coupled and AC coupled batteries
-I'm pretty sure if the grid goes down, the system will stay up as long as the truck is plugged in negating the need for a backup battery in the event of an outage. Sunrun is a lil fuzzy on this since they try to sell you a battery as well.

Cons
-may not allow for generator support (not shown in the diagrams)
-unknown failure rate
-10yr warranty vs 12 for SolarEdge
-appears to be a simple string inverter with no shade optimizers

SolarEdge Energy hub with integrated EV charging
https://www.solaredge.com/sites/def..._inverter_integrated_ev_charger_SetApp_na.pdf

Pros
-More power than the Delta 47.5amps vs 40 amps and 11,400 watts vs 9600 watts
-longer warranty @ 12 years vs 10 (SolarEdge upgradable to 25 years)
-panel optimizers increase panel production and protect against shading. No mention of shade protection from Delta so it may just be a simple string inverter.

Cons
-high failure rate (quoted as high as 27% in some places but installers say it's gotten better)
-feeding the SolarEdge inverter from the F150 Bed inverter would be problematic due to the F150 having bonded neutral output from the inverter. Also, the F150 bed inverter is limited to 7600 watts @240 and 30 amps. The Delta can pull DC currently directly from the battery and allows full 9600 watts @ 40 amps off grid.
-limited battery support (SolarEdge tries to lock you into their battery eco system which currently sucks)
-if the grid goes down, system goes down unless I add a battery

Final notes, the max SolarEdge EVSE charge rate is listed at 40amps (solar boost plus grid). The Ford/Delta charger max EVSE charge rate is listed at 36.7 amps. I don't know what to make of this since the Ford extended range truck comes with a separate 80 amp charger to begin with.

The prices of the two inverters are very similar but installation for the Delta/Ford is much higher from the quotes I've seen.