• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Labs4Lightning

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 150 lariat, 22 lightning lariat blend 4/18/22
Moderator on the livestream on 5/24: best answer I could get in 3 questions asked - is that charge station pro will be delivered by 3rd party.

⚡
Sponsored

Labs4Lightning

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 150 lariat, 22 lightning lariat blend 4/18/22
Amazon prime?
They are referring to Sunrun. As we’ve seen in a more recent ford doc. . . . Sunrun is supposed to ship within 5 days of sales confirmation. Assuming no backorder.

PACSMAN

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Has anyone actually had an installation either completed or scheduled by Sunrun? I contacted them and completed the paperwork on 5/13 but haven't heard a word since.

Sponsored

Galactus55

First Name
Gus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Chevy Volt, 2022 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired
I received this email this morning. It's getting me slightly excited.

YOUR F-150 LIGHTNING IS COMING SOON.
GET YOUR FORD CHARGE STATION & START THE INSTALLATION PROCESS NOW.

Great news! We see you were among the first in Canada to order your own F-150 Lightning. There are a few critical steps you need to take to better enjoy your F-150 Lightning upon delivery.

Since you ordered the extended range battery configuration, you'll receive the Ford Charge Station Pro at no extra charge. But we recommend you take a few simple steps outlined below to get your Ford Charge Station Pro installed as soon as you can and prior to taking delivery of your F-150 Lightning.

TO DO SO, PLEASE FOLLOW THESE 3 STEPS BELOW
1. ORDER IT
To order your Ford Charge Station Pro, go to Ford Charging, select the F-150 Lightning Reservation Holder option and accept the terms and conditions* to arrange for the delivery of your charger prior to taking delivery of the vehicle. Please reference your reservation number, located at the bottom of this email, when placing your order online.

2. RECEIVE IT
Once you've placed an order, your charger will be shipped to your address on file.

3. INSTALL IT
Next, contact our preferred national installation partner Qmerit to receive an installation quote and schedule your installation apppointment, or make your own arrangements for installation by a professional and qualified electrical contractor of your choice.
To receive delivery of your charger station prior to your vehicle's delivery, please follow the steps outlined above. Please note that the charger will not be delivered with your vehicle. To expedite this process post delivery, you can contact Ford of Canada EV Headquarters to verify the shipping address for the charger.

Please see your reservation details below.
If you have questions, contact Ford Charging HQ at 1-888-337-9001 or [email protected]
So I went through the 3 steps to order the pro charger
ORDER #xxxx​

Thank you for your purchase!
Hi Gus, we're getting your order ready to be shipped. We will notify you when it has been sent.

Order summary

Ford Charge Station Pro* × 1
Free

Subtotal
$0.00
Shipping
$0.00
Taxes
$0.00

Total
$0.00 CAD
Easy Peasy

Last edited:

rdr854

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 Volvo V90, 22 Ford F150 Lightning, 23 Outback
I received this email this morning. It's getting me slightly excited.

YOUR F-150 LIGHTNING IS COMING SOON.
GET YOUR FORD CHARGE STATION & START THE INSTALLATION PROCESS NOW.

Great news! We see you were among the first in Canada to order your own F-150 Lightning. There are a few critical steps you need to take to better enjoy your F-150 Lightning upon delivery.

Since you ordered the extended range battery configuration, you'll receive the Ford Charge Station Pro at no extra charge. But we recommend you take a few simple steps outlined below to get your Ford Charge Station Pro installed as soon as you can and prior to taking delivery of your F-150 Lightning.

TO DO SO, PLEASE FOLLOW THESE 3 STEPS BELOW
1. ORDER IT
To order your Ford Charge Station Pro, go to Ford Charging, select the F-150 Lightning Reservation Holder option and accept the terms and conditions* to arrange for the delivery of your charger prior to taking delivery of the vehicle. Please reference your reservation number, located at the bottom of this email, when placing your order online.

2. RECEIVE IT
Once you've placed an order, your charger will be shipped to your address on file.

3. INSTALL IT
Next, contact our preferred national installation partner Qmerit to receive an installation quote and schedule your installation apppointment, or make your own arrangements for installation by a professional and qualified electrical contractor of your choice.
To receive delivery of your charger station prior to your vehicle's delivery, please follow the steps outlined above. Please note that the charger will not be delivered with your vehicle. To expedite this process post delivery, you can contact Ford of Canada EV Headquarters to verify the shipping address for the charger.

Please see your reservation details below.
If you have questions, contact Ford Charging HQ at 1-888-337-9001 or [email protected]
So I went through the 3 steps to order the pro charger
ORDER #xxxx​

Thank you for your purchase!
Hi Gus, we're getting your order ready to be shipped. We will notify you when it has been sent.

Order summary

Ford Charge Station Pro* × 1
Free

Subtotal
$0.00
Shipping
$0.00
Taxes
$0.00

Total
$0.00 CAD
Easy Peasy
And interestingly enough, if you want a second Charge Station Pro in Canada, it’s sold out.

Galactus55

First Name
Gus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Chevy Volt, 2022 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired
And interestingly enough, if you want a second Charge Station Pro in Canada, it’s sold out.
And yet my order is still sitting at "Order Confirmed"
Ford F-150 Lightning Distribution of 80-AMP Ford Charge Station Pro (Home Charging Station) 1653939214415

watchdoc

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Leaf SV+, 2016 Ram Big Horn
Occupation
watchmaker
Can someone post the full specs of the Delta/Sunrun inverter?

So the Sunrun HIS won't operate off grid?

I'm looking at the SolarEdge energy hub Hybrid 11.8kw inverter (with EV level 2 Charging built in) instead of the Sunrun equipment and buy the much cheaper F150 Lightning Pro and just feed the SolarEdge inverter from the F150 Pro in the event of an outage. Looks like you could save a boat load of money doing this. I would do zero back feed setup since our Net Metering policies are terrible here (and expected to get worse).

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Can someone post the full specs of the Delta/Sunrun inverter?

So the Sunrun HIS won't operate off grid?

I'm looking at the SolarEdge energy hub Hybrid 11.8kw inverter (with EV level 2 Charging built in) instead of the Sunrun equipment and buy the much cheaper F150 Lightning Pro and just feed the SolarEdge inverter from the F150 Pro in the event of an outage. Looks like you could save a boat load of money doing this. I would do zero back feed setup since our Net Metering policies are terrible here (and expected to get worse).
This is the best I’ve seen so far:
https://aeeexpress.com/crsdocroot/content/images/products/large/e4b8ae6e467c726e10dc614933665f7d.pdf

Sponsored

watchdoc

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
watchmaker
That's actually pretty good. They specifically mention an "off grid mode" and it looks like it can run an AC coupled or DC coupled external battery which adds some flexibility. It would still be pretty difficult to run a whole house with only 9.6kw and 40 amps though. You would need propane for water heating, general heating, cloth drying, and cooking. You could probably run a decent sized mini split though. I wonder if a propane generator could be substituted for the "grid" in their diagrams since they don't show a generator input.

For reference, the Solar Edge Energy Hub 11,400kw hybird inverter with Ev charging built in managed 10,300 watts in "back up power mode" and 43 amps continous for around $3,800 which is almost the same price as the Sunrun HIS equipment.

https://www.solar.com/learn/the-new-solaredge-ev-charging-single-phase-inverter/

https://www.solaredge.com/sites/def...-prism-technology-high-power-datasheet-na.pdf

Last edited:

Amps

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt
You would need propane for water heating, general heating, cloth drying, and cooking.
Hybrid or heat pump water heater and induction cooking (minus the oven) would trim a lot of the propane need.

The unknown to me is how DC from the HV truck battery is handled at the CCS port. How proprietary is the Ford home backup power system software in getting DC from battery to the port?

watchdoc

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
watchmaker
Hybrid or heat pump water heater and induction cooking (minus the oven) would trim a lot of the propane need.

The unknown to me is how DC from the HV truck battery is handled at the CCS port. How proprietary is the Ford home backup power system software in getting DC from battery to the port?
I would assume it's treated just like a DC coupled backup battery. My biggest concern is the 4kw bidirectional inverter rating. If Ford is only gonna allow 4kw to be pulled out of the battery in back up or off grid mode, this system will be useless. That being said, there appear to be several different models of the Delta/Sunrun inverter so YMMV. You would be better off just feeding the 7.2kw@240 from the pro power in generator mode. I'm still leaning towards the Solar Edge energy hub with built in EV charger at this point.

Last edited:

Amps

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt
I would assume it's treated just like a DC coupled backup battery.
My concern is about how the CCS DC pins on the vehicle get energized if not using the sunrun/Ford/Delta system. It seems the communications protocol should be standardized as if charging. But, the V2G/H standard is not finalized, AFAIK. I'm still in the extension cord from the bed stage, but interested in how this shakes out.

Last edited:

FlasherZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning, Tesla Model X, F250 SD diesel 6.0
I would assume it's treated just like a DC coupled backup battery. My biggest concern is the 4kw bidirectional inverter rating. If Ford is only gonna allow 4kw to be pulled out of the battery in back up or off grid mode, this system will be useless. That being said, there appear to be several different models of the Delta/Sunrun inverter so YMMV. You would be better off just feeding the 7.2kw@240 from the pro power in generator mode. I'm still leaning towards the Solar Edge energy hub with built in EV charger at this point.
The other thread, active this morning, says that they've changed the model of the home integration system - 9.6 kW off-grid, 2.4 kW on-grid.

https://www.f150lightningforum.com/...-ford-via-aee-express-component-change.10558/
Sponsored