• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

80 Amps Ford Charging Station

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Like other poster commented service drops to your to meter and meter to panel are aluminum. Also quite common to run aluminum to an electric stove with no crimp or re-torque.
With today’s copper prices, anything above #6 is almost always aluminum.
FWIW, the aluminum alloy used in wiring today is quite different than the stuff that caused all of the problems back in the 70s.
Sponsored

Sdctcher

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Ford Escape, 2022 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
EV Gypsy
File this under either Fact or Inside Information/Gossip.

I attended an Earth Day Event today and spoke with an EV/Green Rep. for the Central KY Energy Coops about my Lightning, and the one they are being provided by Ford..

She said that they are expecting their 2022 Lightning Pro (for the State Electric Utilities) any day and believes it has already been built. They will be using it for demonstrations across the State and for Testing. They have been told that the 80A Ford Charge Station Pro has been delayed for some reason and it will not arrive before their truck delivery. Their plans were to Bench Test it in conjunction with the truck but have had to adjust their proposed testing schedule.

jefro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150, Corvette, Bolt EV,
Online there has been some mention of units being built just for what I'd call display models. Not sure I've heard of any real trucks on the street other than the original 7 or so yet.
Sponsored