• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

steveje

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning XLT
Double checked all connections. Tried unplugging battery. Still can’t get the C-CM module to show up in forscan.
Any ideas?
Sponsored

steveje

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning XLT
Shooting in the dark here, but I have seen in forums for previous trucks to verify in the cab that the needed wires exist to support the CCM. https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/threads/adding-co-pilot-assist-2-0-with-forscan.5028/page-9
Hmm maybe. I have 311a. I just scanned the post you linked and I’ll look closely after work and start checking connectors. I’m comfortable running additional wiring so at least this still should be possible for me. Thanks for the suggestion, that’s a big help.

FordLightningMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
How much time did the labor take for the installation? I will admit I am relatively useless when it comes to this stuff, I'm wondering if I can find a local shop to assist me with the installation. I'm trying to ballpark what kind of charge I could expect.

Dumb question, but does anyone think a Ford dealer would potentially do this job? I have four main complaints with my lower XLT SR trim, adaptive cruise is one of them. Heated seats, power folding side mirrors, and keyless entry are the other three.

steveje

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning XLT
Probably took me 4 hours, completely unfamiliar with the disassembly. If you noticed above, I’m still having some trouble getting the sensor recognized so yesterday I took everything off again just to double check all connections. This time being familiar, I was able to get bumper off and back on within an hour.

Im not sure, but I’m doubtful a dealership would do this. Maybe an independent shop.

I have the same complaints as you. Luckily, 3 of those 4 I know for sure can be added. I already added heated/cooled seats and heated wheel. Someone else has done fold mirrors and I have parts on the way to do mine. Keyless entry I haven’t seen completed yet, but I know someone is working on it. When I say keyless entry, I mean the button on the door handles. I’m wanting the button on driver and passenger door handles.

Sponsored

pdxmadman

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat Extended Range, Rapid Red
Double checked all connections. Tried unplugging battery. Still can’t get the C-CM module to show up in forscan.
Any ideas?
I have a 23 Lightning Pro. I am having the same problem getting the C-CM module to populate in Forscan. There is no voltage detected from the harness to the ACC module. Is there a particular fuse that is not populated in our Pro models?

jdmackes

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Pro
Not that I can think of. I believe all lightnings have the necessary camera system that is uses for lane keep assist. The only thing missing really is the radar unit. I will be installing on a friends 2023 Pro next week and will report back.
Did you have any issues installing it on a 23 pro? I'm still waiting to get mine but I'm trying to prep for all the upgrades I want to do to it.

jdmackes

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Pro
Probably took me 4 hours, completely unfamiliar with the disassembly. If you noticed above, I’m still having some trouble getting the sensor recognized so yesterday I took everything off again just to double check all connections. This time being familiar, I was able to get bumper off and back on within an hour.

Im not sure, but I’m doubtful a dealership would do this. Maybe an independent shop.

I have the same complaints as you. Luckily, 3 of those 4 I know for sure can be added. I already added heated/cooled seats and heated wheel. Someone else has done fold mirrors and I have parts on the way to do mine. Keyless entry I haven’t seen completed yet, but I know someone is working on it. When I say keyless entry, I mean the button on the door handles. I’m wanting the button on driver and passenger door handles.
Do you mean the button to lock the doors, or the sensor for when your hand is in the handle to unlock them? What heated/cooled seats did you get?

steveje

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning XLT
Do you mean the button to lock the doors, or the sensor for when your hand is in the handle to unlock them? What heated/cooled seats did you get?
Lariat models and above have a push button on the exterior door handles that will unlock and lock the doors when the key fob is on you. That is what I want to install on my XLT.

I got Katzkin seats with their Degreez heated/cooled add-on. It is not OEM but it's close enough for me. The buttons are tucked in the pocket where the wireless charger is on higher trims. The buttons look good and work fine in there.

First Name
Byron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Lightning XLT
Occupation
Insurance executive
I would pay someone (who has done this many times) to do this! ACC is the only thing I miss from my XLT trim. (Edit: Oh. And heated steering wheel—I would love that.)
I agree about the same thing for my XLT. Missed the heated seats too, but I’m planning on Katzkin to do it after market

Sponsored

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer
Lariat models and above have a push button on the exterior door handles that will unlock and lock the doors when the key fob is on you. That is what I want to install on my XLT.
Just a minor correction. That tiny button on the outside of the handle is strictly to lock the truck. To unlock, you just put your hand on the inside of the handle to open door. It senses your hand touch and unlocks. Takes a split second. On my Lariat sometimes it is not instant - I may have to wait a half-second for the unlock. Also, when I first got my truck I would lock the truck with the button but immediately unlock it because my hand was on the inside. Here is the Owners Manual explanation.

When I am drying my truck after a wash I figure I lock/unlock the truck a dozen times drying the handles inside and out!

Last edited:

keen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
I agree about the same thing for my XLT. Missed the heated seats too, but I’m planning on Katzkin to do it after market
Thanks for pointing out Katzkin. I actually have heated seats in my XLT. Was it deleted for you?

steveje

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning XLT
Just a minor correction. That tiny button on the outside of the handle is strictly to lock the truck. To unlock, you just put your hand on the inside of the handle to open door. It senses your hand touch and unlocks. Takes a split second. On my Lariat sometimes it is not instant - I may have to wait a half-second for the unlock. Also, when I first got my truck I would lock the truck with the button but immediately unlock it because my hand was on the inside. Here is the Owners Manual explanation.

When I am drying my truck after a wash I figure I lock/unlock the truck a dozen times drying the handles inside and out!
Thanks for the clarification! I was assuming too much based on other vehicles with door buttons

wighty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning XLT (SR 311A), 2023 Genesis GV60
I have the same complaints as you. Luckily, 3 of those 4 I know for sure can be added. I already added heated/cooled seats and heated wheel. Someone else has done fold mirrors and I have parts on the way to do mine.
Did you find heated/cooled seats or did you modify your current ones? I was trying to figure out the in seat heating/cooling element (peltier I believe) and whether the XLT had the plugs beneath the seat. If you bought the parts, do you have the part numbers?

What were the part numbers on the mirrors? You basically have all of the things I wanted to do as well!
Sponsored