• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Dealers with NO MY22 Lightning allocations?

workaholic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2000 excursion 7.3
Anyone else have their dealer tell them they were getting zero lightning allocations for MY22?. Was told that I was 3rd on the list of 5 priorities they sent in. Total reservations they have is under 100. Zero customers who picked this dealership will get their order this year.
Sponsored

Squatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Reef flip flops
I'm not surprised. EVs are based more on political lobbying and leverage than classical economic principles. The EV F150s will go to the big metropolitan areas where the politicians have spent taxpayer monies for "green" lobbying. Ford won't take into account where the reservation holders live just the dealer location.

Silenze

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Anyone else have their dealer tell them they were getting zero lightning allocations for MY22?. Was told that I was 3rd on the list of 5 priorities they sent in. Total reservations they have is under 100. Zero customers who picked this dealership will get their order this year.
Is your dealer ev certified?

EaglesPDX

First Name
Eagles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
I had similar, even though a first day depositer, was told I was 35/25.

I contacted another dealer to ask where I'd be in their lineup.

A case where I would like Ford to be more pro-active for the first day faithful. Take us in date order and make it independent of the dealers allocation.

Sponsored

Technoman

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 JK//2006 1T Silverado/1970 CJ/2023 Lightning
Occupation
Retired
I talked to a dealer for the first time yesterday while looking at a Mach-E. He said they thought they might only get a few Lightnings and they have around 425 reservations. We're talking EV friendly California. Hold on guys and gals...this event may take a while to shake out .

Last edited by a moderator:

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
I talked to a dealer for the first time yesterday while looking at a Mach-E. He said they thought they might only get a few Lightnings and they have around 425 reservations. We're talking EV friendly California. Hold on guys and gals...this event may take a while to shake out .
Yep. I’ve resigned myself to the fact that I’m not getting a truck this year, possibly not even next year. That way, I won’t be disappointed. If by some miracle it happens, it will be a pleasant surprise.

Last edited by a moderator:

gorwell

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5 / XLT Standard
The EV F150s will go to the big metropolitan areas where the politicians have spent taxpayer monies for "green" lobbying.

This take kills me every time...

If not for those "metropolitan areas" everyone in the US would have equal access to EVs...

No, it's if not for those "metropolitan areas" the US wouldn't have EVs. There wouldn't be incentive outside of those "metropolitan areas" for US and especially non-US makers to send EVs here... We are basically "third world" in terms of EV sales:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/fortun...ooming-europe-china-not-in-united-states/amp/

And where do those little EV sales come from in the US, I wonder...

OP
OP

workaholic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2000 excursion 7.3
Is your dealer ev certified?
yes they are.

dont get me wrong, i would love to get a truck in 22, but for them to allocate zero trucks to a certified dealer? why would they allow a customer choose a dealer to buy their truck from if they are not going to allow any sales to that dealer? why did the dealer spend thousands getting their dealership certified if they are not going to even get any vehicles?

shocker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt
Saw a Guesstimation that a couple of hundred trucks will be allocated to Michigan and there's 137 dealers. I'm #2 at my dealer and #1 got a 1st wave invite. Looking iffy for me to get one.

Sponsored

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
Saw a Guesstimation that a couple of hundred trucks will be allocated to Michigan and there's 137 dealers. I'm #2 at my dealer and #1 got a 1st wave invite. Looking iffy for me to get one.
MY SE Michigan dealer says he will get 9 MY22s. I'm #72 on the list.

EVBill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Volt, 2018 GS Corvette, 22 Lightning bw 5/9
Occupation
Engineering Manager
MY SE Michigan dealer says he will get 9 MY22s. I'm #72 on the list.
There does not seem to be any good rationale for how allocations are being made to dealers. I also am in SE Michigan. The closest dealer to me, which is the one I selected, received 1 allocation for the first wave, zero for the second wave and three for the third wave last week. They have roughly 150 reservations at their dealership, so % of allocations sound higher than other dealership info that has been posted in this forum. The challenge is that all the information is second hand.

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
There does not seem to be any good rationale for how allocations are being made to dealers. I also am in SE Michigan. The closest dealer to me, which is the one I selected, received 1 allocation for the first wave, zero for the second wave and three for the third wave last week. They have roughly 150 reservations at their dealership, so % of allocations sound higher than other dealership info that has been posted in this forum. The challenge is that all the information is second hand.
There is totally good rationale. Unfortunately, you don't have access to the variables that compute the allocation. It has zero to do with reservations, and everything to do with ZEV states, and volume the dealer does with Ford.

My dealership has 276 reservations as of mid-January.

Missmy3/4ton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
300a XLT 5.0 4x4
I'm not surprised. EVs are based more on political lobbying and leverage than classical economic principles. The EV F150s will go to the big metropolitan areas where the politicians have spent taxpayer monies for "green" lobbying. Ford won't take into account where the reservation holders live just the dealer location.
This isn't true. Sure, maybe there is *some* truth to it in general. But the real truth is, an EV wont sell where there isn't infrastructure to support it. Look at the EV map, they're selling everywhere there's infrastructure. This IS basic economics. Overlay this map with the US electrical infrastructure map. The blue areas ALL are electrical hubs. Something like $200 Billion needs invested into the grid to support 40 million EV vehicles (the 2030 goal). Most of these metro areas have charging stations. The rural folks will need* *to add EV charging to their house*...as much as I hate the government, this is economics.

Ford F-150 Lightning Dealers with NO MY22 Lightning allocations? EV-cities-update-fig-aug2020

Edit* price and charging lvl were off.

We are basically "third world" in terms of EV sales:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/fortun...ooming-europe-china-not-in-united-states/amp/

And where do those little EV sales come from in the US, I wonder...
Lol at the US being a third world country. If we were getting raped at the pump with and EXTRA $1.75 to $3.50 USD (most are at $2.25/$2.50) PER US gal in taxes I would switch to EV too. Imagine paying $6 a gallon...EVERYONE would switch to EV. Not to mention low travel miles and lower need for a vehicle...this is a apples to oranges comparison. They're just completely different markets.

Last edited:

Ccarm6

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Future F150 Lightning
This isn't true. Sure, maybe there is *some* truth to it in general. But the real truth is, an EV wont sell where there isn't infrastructure to support it. Look at the EV map, they're selling everywhere there's infrastructure. This IS basic economics. Overlay this map with the US electrical infrastructure map. The blue areas ALL are electrical hubs. Something like $200 Billion needs invested into the grid to support 40 million EV vehicles (the 2030 goal). Most of these metro areas have charging stations. The rural folks will need to ~$5K to add EV charging to their house (assuming a Lvl 3 charger because they drive more)...as much as I hate the government, this is economics.

EV-cities-update-fig-aug2020.png

Lol at the US being a third world country. If we were getting raped at the pump with and EXTRA $1.75 to $3.50 USD (most are at $2.25/$2.50) PER US gal in taxes I would switch to EV too. Imagine paying $6 a gallon...EVERYONE would switch to EV. Not to mention low travel miles and lower need for a vehicle...this is a apples to oranges comparison. They're just completely different markets.
Level 3 charging install for home use….wut?
Sponsored