• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Do you guys like “creep” mode?

biers

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
eGolf
My eGolf had “adaptive creep”. It was great. As I came to a stop it would just sit there and not move. If I then taped the accelerator it would activate creep. So at a stop light you could take your foot off both petals and when in stop and go you would have creep.
I use one pedal on the Lightning so no creep here.
Sponsored

Jim Lewis

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Accord 2017; 2023 Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired
I missed this thread when I was looking for somewhere to report how happy I am with "creeping" into my garage in 2 PD. You have to turn off AutoHold to creep in 2 PD. See the discussion around my post in the following 1 PD (vs. 2 PD) thread: https://www.f150lightningforum.com/forum/threads/one-pedal-driving.15267/post-364857.

I only have ten total inches to spare front-to-back in my garage and want a few spare inches on each end as I don't always park perfectly perpendicular to the back wall. With the length of the Lightning, a few degrees off a perfect 90-degree angle to the back wall can make a big difference in clearance. Until I got creepy by turning off AutoHold, I was always afraid when coming into the garage that I'd step on the accelerator pedal too much, either in 1 PD or 2 PD mode and launch through the rear wall. With 2 PD mode and AutoHold off, motion is controlled by light brake pedal pressure, and the truck is never going to "launch." Parking in my garage has become a more relaxing experience by far.

lightspeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat ER
This might only be meaningful to past EV drivers but i noticed that the Lightning creeps forward when i take my foot off the brake just like an ICE car. My Bolt wouldn’t do that, it just sits still in that situation assuming relatively flat ground. I think i like it. I also noticed it will creep up pretty steep inclines, where an ICE car definitely wouldn’t move or even roll backward. The Lightning just kept creeping forward at the same speed. Pretty cool.
I like the creep for high precision parking operations.

But like other people have said, you can disable it through 1 pedal driving or by turning on the automatic brake hold.

ctuan13

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1979 Continental, 2022 F150 Lightning, 03 Marauder
I've never liked one-pedal drive. And so I never use it on my Lightning. I also hate auto-hold so I've always had that disabled. I like the creep. I only wish there was a way to disable hill-start assist. God, it's so annoying.

ryun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Kia EV6, 2023 Lightning XLT SR
I think our EV6 and the E-GMP platform does it best: adjustable regen with paddle buttons. And the left paddle you can even hold down to come to a complete stop in 1PD or 2PD. If you do that you put the car in auto hold until you tap the accelerator, but otherwise creep mode is the default in 2PD mode. So you have this "just-in-time" 1PD essentially while in 2PD mode.

I use 2PD in the lighting solely for creeping since I use it often.

Sponsored

SC_Sparky

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Platinum Black
Right, I haven't been using 1PD. For whatever reason I like 2PD in this EV even though I exclusively used 1PD in my Bolt.
I'm in the same boat, coming from a Bolt EUV- I liked the 1PD, and so far, prefer the 2PD. I also, really liked the button for changing this on the fly quickly. Other minor annoyances, but I really like the truck.
Sponsored