• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Driving ICE for the 1st time in years. I don't miss it.

ctuan13

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1979 Continental, 2022 F150 Lightning, 03 Marauder
I agree. When I had the battery module problem last year they gave me a new F150 Ecoboost as a loaner. Man I hated that thing. I thought something was wrong with it but it was just me being used to driving EVs for the previous year. Recently bought a '16 Grand Cherokee Ecodiesel to tow our teardrop camper. I used to loved diesels. Not anymore.
Why not tow your teardrop with your Lightning?

WilliamRobert

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2021 Mustang Mach E
Occupation
happily retired!
I took three friends for a ride, one of them had an f-250 so I let him drive. Lots of oos, ahhs and an OMG when he stomped it to the floor and totally amazed that one pedal driving could put power back into the battery.
The biggest question after the ride was "what do I need in my garage to charge an EV?".
Take a friend for a ride and share the experience!

Hammick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Why not tow your teardrop with your Lightning?
We split time between Kansas City and Montana. The charging infrastructure isn't there to tow a trailer to MT from KC unfortunately. Hard enough to get there in the winter without a trailer.

Hammick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
What did it take to change your mind?
A test drive I'm sure..
We were sucked in when I test drove a 2022 Model Y. Way over paid for that thing during the height of COVID but much to my surprised sold it a year later for 7k profit to a desperate KIA dealer. Then way overpaid for an Ioniq 5 (which blows the Y away in every respect except software)

Sponsored

davehu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lighting Lariat ER, Iconic Silver
Occupation
retired
I sometimes have occasion to drive my wife's Honda Pilot. As I have been hooked on one pedal driving it always surprises me when I let off the gas pedal .....and the car keeps going! and the noise. and the hesitation before accleration kicks in... and the other day I got conned (the wife!) into filling it up with gas. I had to take a second to remember how to use a gas pump!

Jseis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
July 2021 SR MME, July 2023, Lightning Lariat
Been nearly 3 years since we went EV and nearly a year since total EV. Range economy, quiet ride, conveniences, etc. all good. I don’t miss the smell of gas in the morning nor the long warm up times, shake, & vibration plus 6 + speed transmissions, frequent maintenance.

While small minor problems occur (BMS going south & slow OTA updates) our rigs (MME & LT) are fab futurism.

Lewisb01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning XLT
I've only owned my Lightning for a day and I drove my Land cruiser to wash it and get it ready for sale and I couldn't get home fast enough. My LC100 is a great vehicle and will last a lifetime but it's a dinosaur in comparison to my Lightning.

invertedspear

Threads
Reaction score
Website
lightningcalcs.pages.dev
Vehicles
Antimatter Blue XLT (312A) ER, 2004 Jeep TJ
totally amazed that one pedal driving could put power back into the battery.
What's even more amazing is that you don't need to be in 1-pedal mode to put power back into the battery. F150L and MME both use blended braking. This means that even hitting the brake pedal will use regen until you hit the threshold of braking power where the regen doesn't cut it, then it starts adding disc brake friction into the mix. I really don't like 1PD, but I still get almost all my braking power from regen.

USA EV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Pro, 2015 FIAT 500e
I also miss the ease of getting up to speed getting on highways
It's not only the effortless acceleration, it's also the deceleration, and just surgical speed control. EVs are in control.

Sponsored
OP
OP
IdeaOfTheDayCom

IdeaOfTheDayCom

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
IdeaOfTheDay.Com
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning XLT SR 312A
Occupation
Software Developer
What's even more amazing is that you don't need to be in 1-pedal mode to put power back into the battery. F150L and MME both use blended braking. This means that even hitting the brake pedal will use regen until you hit the threshold of braking power where the regen doesn't cut it, then it starts adding disc brake friction into the mix. I really don't like 1PD, but I still get almost all my braking power from regen.
I don't use 1PD because I have bad knees, so I try to use adaptive cruise control everywhere I can and have no feet on the pedals except to stop, and when I do stop, I'm thankful I don't need to hold the brakes down because I have brake hold turned on. So when I stop, my knees get a much needed rest because I have no pressure on either pedal.

Last edited:

WilliamRobert

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2021 Mustang Mach E
Occupation
happily retired!
Having worked on my own vehicles for fifty years, not having to replace brakes every year is a major plus. I've been driving electric since 2018 and my yearly state inspections haven't shown any brake wear on the Volt I had, my Mach E or my lightning.
I think the big difference is I don't drive it like I stole it! And yes my friends were amazed and have never seen one pedal driveing before (or ridden in an electric vehicle for that matter) and the fact that the stopping energy is stored then reused was something they had never heard of.
One pedal does take some getting used to, but after just a few drives most get the hang of it.

I can see the day that the brake pedal and brakes will be removed as a cost savings for manufacturing!

Make some friends and take them for a ride!

Lewisb01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning XLT
1P driving is the way to go in an EV always used it in my tesla and didn't think the lightning would be just as good as my m3 but I was wrong it's just as good.
Sponsored