• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Email from Ford - Your F-150 Lightning Order Has Been Updated - but was it really about the Bronco?

GarageMahal

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 Mercury Marauder; 2023 Lightning XLT SR
Occupation
Geek
So I received an email saying that "Your F-150 Lightning Order Has Been Updated" but I don't see anything different.

What I do see however is that my Bronco reservation now say "Ready to Order"!

Anyone else?
Sponsored

Trick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4runner
Same, except for the bronco part

Wsl346

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Volvo XC60 T8, Many Bicycles
I got the same email but my order status remained unchanged. I still have a production week of 10/17/2022.

There is a thread about this on the F150 Lightning subreddit and someone threw it out there that this could be a delayed notification of being scheduled for production. Knowing Ford, this wouldn't surprise me.

OP
OP
GarageMahal

GarageMahal

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 Mercury Marauder; 2023 Lightning XLT SR
Occupation
Geek
There is a thread about this on the F150 Lightning subreddit and someone threw it out there that this could be a delayed notification of being scheduled for production. Knowing Ford, this wouldn't surprise me.
That makes sense... And although my Bronco reservation says "Ready to Order" it still won't let me...

Software is hard

Halbach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Pro
Occupation
Engineer
I got the same email but my order status remained unchanged. I still have a production week of 10/17/2022.

Phew... I saw the email and my heart dropped. I thought for sure I was getting a notification it was getting pushed back. Maybe if I wasn't constantly checking for updates earlier in the month it would have made me excited instead!

Sponsored

swngdncr

First Name
Carla
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Toyota Forerunner, 2016 Subaru Outback
Occupation
retired mostly
Ditto here... email, but no change, 2022 10/10 production week

Ostrichsak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat
I've seen a couple of times now where email was received but no status changes in the account were made on the site. I've also seen what I think is someone claiming that their dealer confirmed the build date or VIN prior to the account reflecting this information as well.

tldr; the email is legit and I'd trust that first before your account updates from what I've seen. It seems the Ford.com site has horribly outdated info in most cases.

TDC

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Pilot
Occupation
Retired
I ordered an XLT on 9/25, dealer accepted 9/26 and emailed a dealer order number today.
I also received an email from Ford today about an order change.
'On-Board Scales and Smart Hitch Removal -$650.00'
MSRP was also adjusted.

Wsl346

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Volvo XC60 T8, Many Bicycles
Bad news…at least for me. I forwarded the email to my rep at the dealership and this was her response. Looks like she sees on the dealer side that I no longer have a production date.
Ford F-150 Lightning Email from Ford - Your F-150 Lightning Order Has Been Updated - but was it really about the Bronco? C303F0F2-365F-453E-B465-91E52CADA489

Edit: I’d also like to point out that while my rep is very nice, I can run circles around her when it comes to knowledge about this truck and the ordering process so I tend to take everything she tells me with a grain of salt. As of this edit at 4:42CST, my order page still shows a production week of 10/17/2022.

Last edited:

jb56

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Ford F150 Lariat

My order shows a production week of 10/17/2022 but I never received any email that it was scheduled. Just an email a while back that my order was confirmed.

Strange.

Sponsored

TX_Gator

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 F150 Lariat
I received the same email. I wasn’t scheduled for production before receiving the email and still am not showing one now. Must have just been a random email.

jimfigler

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning Lariat ER, 21 Corvette Convertible
I got the same email today. Pretty sure it is just a delayed notice about the scheduled production week that happened a week or so ago
Sponsored