• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
I’m not sure about the majority, but I know there are abandoned customer orders for ID4s and E-Trons sitting on dealer’s lots near me. Abandoned because the buyers lost the tax credit. Small sample size, of course.
When you read across forums and other social media including Facebook, it's very clear to me that the majority don't understand. Nor do they understand the non-refundable part (for the pre-new-bill tax credit). They think their withholding taxes are their tax liability. And more.

Unless it's widely publicized as something like "nearly all Lightnings sold won't qualify for any federal tax credit" (this is just an example), people will buy totally clueless and then be pissed off.

And, while some F-150L buyers are EV-focused and knowledgeable, a lot of them are not. Read a post the other day about someone buying it, and then selling it within days because it was too hard for the wife to park, and very tight in the garage, all things that could have been figured out before buying the vehicle.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
When you read across forums and other social media including Facebook, it's very clear to me that the majority don't understand. Nor do they understand the non-refundable part (for the pre-new-bill tax credit). They think their withholding taxes are their tax liability. And more.

Unless it's widely publicized as something like "nearly all Lightnings sold won't qualify for any federal tax credit" (this is just an example), people will buy totally clueless and then be pissed off.

And, while some F-150L buyers are EV-focused and knowledgeable, a lot of them are not. Read a post the other day about someone buying it, and then selling it within days because it was too hard for the wife to park, and very tight in the garage, all things that could have been figured out before buying the vehicle.
“Consider how stupid the average person is. Then realize that half the population is stupider than that!”
- George Carlin

F-150 Prius

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum PowerBoost FX-4 6½
Occupation
Software Algorithms
Not much of a "survey" … all it asks is "do you want to pay a non-refundable deposit to cut the line and order two days ahead of others?" … the antithesis of what Ford (I think) should be trying to do: make the order process clean and tidy, free of profiteering, gouging and dishonesty.

F-150 Prius

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum PowerBoost FX-4 6½
Occupation
Software Algorithms
The logical thing this survey asks is about having deposits on other EVs, but it gathers useless data ("which vehicles?") instead of "why?" … the difficult, uncomfortable questions … to explore the criteria informed customers apply. e.g.
  1. will you choose the Silverado over the F-150 because it has unique features the F-150 lacks?
  2. are you waiting for battery and charging performance to improve?
  3. will you choose the Cybertruck when available?
    (I think many will choose the CT out of some Tesla cult-like devotion)
  4. would you prefer a Maverick EV or a Ranger EV over the F-150?
  5. are you waiting for a SUV bodied EV like the Expedition, Explorer or Escape?
I think these sorts of questions would help Ford anticipate and mitigate its 250K+ preorders disappearing into some percentage of delayed or neglected orders.

If it were my business, I'd aim to make a million F-150s in '22-'23 and sell 'em all at prevailing market prices.

Coolbreeze704

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150L ER Lariat - 2022 Tesla Model Y LR
Occupation
General Manager - Factory Select Homes
The logical thing this survey asks is about having deposits on other EVs, but it gathers useless data ("which vehicles?") instead of "why?" … the difficult, uncomfortable questions … to explore the criteria informed customers apply. e.g.
  1. will you choose the Silverado over the F-150 because it has unique features the F-150 lacks?
  2. are you waiting for battery and charging performance to improve?
  3. will you choose the Cybertruck when available?
    (I think many will choose the CT out of some Tesla cult-like devotion)
  4. would you prefer a Maverick EV or a Ranger EV over the F-150?
  5. are you waiting for a SUV bodied EV like the Expedition, Explorer or Escape

Really?
Could it possibly because proven engineering, Incredible charging network, will be priced better than the F150 and won't jack you around in the ordering process, no dealers to jack you around, won't have outrages dealer mark ups, will offer more miles per full charge at price point. Has cold rolled exoskeleton that won't rust out. Integrated battery pack that is light years ahead of any product on the market, 4680 battery's, seats 6 comfortably, truck bed that has retractable top that creates an air conditioned fault. I am sure I am missing a lot

Sponsored

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
“Consider how stupid the average person is. Then realize that half the population is stupider than that!”
- George Carlin
Thief!

MickeyAO

First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red Lightning Lariat ER, Kia EV6 GT-Line AWD
Occupation
Lab Manager of the Energy Storage Technology Center
Ford just keeps finding new ways to f up this reservation process. First they can't just follow the common sense approach of first to reserve equals first to order. Then they up the price on those they skipped over. Now they want to allow those further back in line to pay to jump forward. Then they are saying they may just kick you out of line if you don't order the expensive trims we never wanted. I just want the 40k pro they hyped up during the launch. Now it looks like I won't even be likely to get the 47k pro. I hope Chevy is taking notes on what not to do. It is looking more likely I will be getting a silverado EV even though I wanted the lightning more.
Yes, Chevy is watching! You can order the First Addition EV Avalanche for $100k very soon or wait for the $40k sometime later.

Sponsored

Kev12345

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram 1500
the reservation page has completely disappeared for us Canadians on ford.ca. no email. no contact from dealer.

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
Yes, Chevy is watching! You can order the First Addition EV Avalanche for $100k very soon or wait for the $40k sometime later.
I am number 1 at my local Chevy dealership, I reserved within seconds of it going live.

I'll probably buy both and sell my least favorite.

I cancelled my CT reservation. I just realized that even if I can get a CT at a reasonable price, I wouldn't want to drive that metal turd.

Coolbreeze704

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150L ER Lariat - 2022 Tesla Model Y LR
Occupation
General Manager - Factory Select Homes
Lol, metal turd. We will see.
I'm excited to experience the Lightning but certainly not ignorant enough to call anything Tesla a turd.

Believe me the F-150 lightning would never happened without Tesla and especially the Cybertruck
Sponsored