• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Peter P

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Ranger XLT
Customer Takes Home Norway's First F-150 Lightning

Ford F-150 Lightning European deliveries begin for F-150 Lightning Norway Customer 2

Dag Ødegaard from Lier, Norway, fell in love with Ford F-Series trucks while traveling in the U.S. Now, he's the first Norwegian customer to take home an electric Ford F-150 Lightning.

It's fitting that Ødegaard is the first in Norway with the truck, given his connections to America. His wife is from Texas and he owns a store in Norway that sells American grill and barbecue equipment.

"This is a dream vehicle for us especially as we love the USA and Texas so much," Ødegaard said. "Finally we don't have to drive two cars to transport two teenage children, my wife and all our luggage to our cabin in [the ski town of] Trysil. In particular, the fact that it has five seats means that we can finally afford to buy ourselves a proper family pickup, which is also fully electric and packed with new technology. It is absolutely outstanding both in terms of comfort, space and driving."

Ødegaard selected an F-150 Lightning Lariat Launch Edition in Antimatter Blue Metallic with standard range battery, capable of delivering up to 429km miles of range (WLTP).

"This is an important day for Ford in Norway," said Per Gunnar Berg, CEO of Ford Motor Norway. "As the first country outside America to get F-150 Lightning, we get the opportunity to deliver one of the most talked about electric vehicles in the world in recent years to our customers. We look forward to going full throttle to give even more Norwegians the opportunity to experience an all-electric truck unlike anything else on offer here. It is both bigger, stronger and more capable than most you will find on the Norwegian market, and is just as good as a family car as it is for work."

###

Ford F-150 Lightning European deliveries begin for F-150 Lightning Norway Customer 3

Ford F-150 Lightning European deliveries begin for F-150 Lightning Norway Customer 2

Ford F-150 Lightning European deliveries begin for F-150 Lightning Norway Customer 4

Ford F-150 Lightning European deliveries begin for F-150 Lightning Norway Customer 5

Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

Acottrell

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat Iced Blue ER
To all those who thought that their wait for replacement battery cells was a long time……

Last edited:
Reactions: GDN

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
Why did it take so long?

Heliian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 LR Lariat, code name "Boogaloo"
To all those who thought that their wait for replacement battery cells was a long time……
I'm not sure of the regulations over there but it's highly possible that they have a contingency of parts stocked already. Their wait times might be less than North America.

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro, Sky RL, Frontier, Aurora V8, Buicks, ....
I have parked small cars and vans in a bunch of European cities. I can't wait for YouTube videos of folks trying to park Lightning in city centers.

Do you think Lightning can replace the best selling European car:

Ford F-150 Lightning European deliveries begin for F-150 Lightning 1707705719406

Sponsored

Jim Lewis

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Accord 2017; 2023 Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired
Norway leads the world in electric vehicle (EV) adoption: EVs account for more than 20 percent of passenger vehicles in the country and more than 80 percent of new vehicles sold. And adoption is on the rise, making up about 8 percent of new vehicle sales—even in the harder-to-electrify heavy-duty vehicle segments. The country’s effective economic and social incentives, its reliable power grid, and its demographics have all contributed to its adoption success.
Source: What Norway’s evolution reveals about the EV charging market | McKinsey (in part)

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2023 Mach-E GT-PE
Not all EU countries are the same. Yes, downtown city streets in very old cities would likely be a problem. I would never even think of taking my Lightning to Ireland as an example. But they do have quite a few Mach-Es driving around over there.

Norway seems to have a lot of "room" however, and I would imagine that Switzerland would be the same.

LightningShow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Product Development
I have parked small cars and vans in a bunch of European cities. I can't wait for YouTube videos of folks trying to park Lightning in city centers.

1707705719406.png
Oslo isn’t nearly as cramped as most european cities and most of the country is very rural. I’ve spent a lot of time in Norway for work. The Lightning would be fine there IMO.

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X

Ford has been selling F-150s in Europe since Q1 2023 I believe.

Sponsored

AI_Speed

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Investor
Norway will be 90% EV's in no time - they lead the way - interesting to see how sales go in the EU over the next few years.

JPro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 Lightning Lariat SR
Occupation
Rebar Detailer/Estimator
As large as the F150 is, it is pretty easy to park with birds eye view cameras and parking sensors. I continually amaze and delight passengers and bystanders sliding this land yacht into spots most sedan drivers would have trouble with!

It's exciting to see the Lightning making it's way across the Pond!
Sponsored