• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

EV tax credit documentation

syrc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lead Foot Lariat 3.5L PowerBoost
getting some conflicting info, what documentation do we get to certify we qualify for the EV tax credit? seen references to getting a certification straight from automaker, other places references the dealership providing certification. my dealer says my tax preparer should magically be able to process it (was not very convincing).
Sponsored

AT193

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning - Lariat SR - Antimatter Blue
My dealer said that they've had tons of people do the tax credit and that non of them needed a letter of certification that the car was eligible...he said that all I need is my purchase documents

OP
OP

syrc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lead Foot Lariat 3.5L PowerBoost
thanks, looks like dealer was right after all. as long as it's known 2022 still qualifies, we just file the form then.

hturnerfamily

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 LIGHTNING PRO IcedBlueSilver 8/23/2022
Occupation
Owner
yes, dealers have nothing to do with whether you 'qualify' or not... that is between you and the IRS the next April 15th.

Sponsored

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150L Pro, Rivian R1T, Model S, Model X
Occupation
Smart Ass
thanks, looks like dealer was right after all. as long as it's known 2022 still qualifies, we just file the form then.
All you need is the form. Keep your buyers order, payment receipt (or loan docs), and vehicle registration as supporting evidence in case you are audited.

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Lightning ER Lariat
Occupation
Fun-Employed
Yeah gents, this is a tax credit - you’ll claim it on your tax forms, and if for some reason the IRS doesn’t believe you/audits, you’ll want to show your receipt.

separately, it’s Ford that in *its* tax filings will assert whether a particular vehicle continues to be subject to full or partial credit in a given tax quarter

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Not much to worry about with the IRS Federal Credit as pointed out above .... but.... check with your ZEV state agencies, some are requiring extra pieces of information to apply, Mass has one of those nettlesome bureaucracies.
Sponsored