• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

F-150 Pro doesn't have running boards?

RLXXI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 F 150, 2014 Escape, 2011 Suzuki DR 650SE
Occupation
Auto tech
I was looking at that particular power running boards on AutoAnything yesterday, $1600. They're nice, but will the Lightning have an OBD II interface?
It would have to for the body control module at the very least.
Sponsored

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
The Mach-e has an OBD2 port, I would expect the lightning to have one for at least the first generation

GreasyLightning47

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota, Lexus
So, do we know at this point whether the Pro will have running boards as even an option? Based off the last livestream they said no cab steps but is that the same as running boards?

JPro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 Lightning Lariat SR
Occupation
Rebar Detailer/Estimator
So, do we know at this point whether the Pro will have running boards as even an option? Based off the last livestream they said no cab steps but is that the same as running boards?
Yeah, whomever phrased that question didn't do us any favors :(

Sponsored

rdr854

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 Volvo V90, 22 Ford F150 Lightning, 23 Outback
Talking with my dealership some more, I’m probably skipping my Pro reservation and getting an XLT. With the priority on Pros going to the much larger fleet purchases and considering I can do X-Plan pricing or better on the XLT, price is going to be similar and I’ll probably get the XLT quicker. Still planning on Lariat+ or Platinum for my personal truck.
My understanding is that X plan is not available for Lightning.

BEVolution

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y adding Lightning
Anyone familiars with ICE ruining board mounting? Here are the Lighting’s.
Ford F-150 Lightning F-150 Pro doesn't have running boards? A96E1D1A-FCAE-40FC-8C15-09B9A6D9B332
Ford F-150 Lightning F-150 Pro doesn't have running boards? FF55EE4B-688E-40A1-BE6F-D84406DB4C1E
Ford F-150 Lightning F-150 Pro doesn't have running boards? 9255059C-0818-44E1-BC57-C1387E48EF1E
Ford F-150 Lightning F-150 Pro doesn't have running boards? 5D0AFE15-53C9-4CE5-A0C8-DCCEB29D09E2

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
It's the same cab as an ICE truck and should have the same mounting points.

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Wrangler Rubicon and 2018 Mini Cooper S Count
Occupation
overpaid computer nerd.
It's the same cab as an ICE truck and should have the same mounting points.
Agreed, the only thing I’d be looking for is frame mounting some rock sliders.

Lime Green

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-350, Expedition Max, Tesla...
My understanding is that X plan is not available for Lightning.
Seems that is indeed the case now. I don't think they had announced that for certain when I made my previous post in August. I know that there is some wiggle room on pricing, but outside of Granger and one or two others that really went after the online marketing, everyone else I know of is charging MSRP or higher. And no special pricing plans or tiers for fleet orders at all...

Sponsored

fordsalesmanager

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 F-350 DRW Lariat, 2022 King Ranch Explorer
Occupation
Sales Manager
It is not possible to order a Pro with factory running boards. My Pro has a build date of 6/21 and I plan on installing a set when it gets here. I will let you guys know if I have any issues.

fordsalesmanager

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 F-350 DRW Lariat, 2022 King Ranch Explorer
Occupation
Sales Manager
Seems that is indeed the case now. I don't think they had announced that for certain when I made my previous post in August. I know that there is some wiggle room on pricing, but outside of Granger and one or two others that really went after the online marketing, everyone else I know of is charging MSRP or higher. And no special pricing plans or tiers for fleet orders at all...
There really isn't any wiggle room on the pricing...the MSRP and the invoice are the same number, and there is no holdback. I know the dealership I work for does not charge over MSRP....Also, looking at the invoice of one of our inbound lighting, there does appear to be A, Z, D, and X plan options on the invoice. On a truck with an MSRP of $80,684, Xplan is listed at $80,646.22.....for what that's worth! A&Z plan would be $79,193.95.

RavenYZF-R6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma
I’m hoping the power running boards by AMP Research work on the pro! Church it up a little.

GoodSam

First Name
Good
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17CRV, 22 Lightning XLT 312A SR iced blue silver
Occupation
occupying space
Even though MSRP = Invoice, Dealers who follow Ford incentives are making 10% of purchase price (MSRP), if this article is accurate:
https://www.carsdirect.com/deals-articles/2022-ford-lightning-invoice-pricing-is-totally-weird
Not bad for for a few hours dealing a customer, doing some delivery prep at minimum wage. They also can get a cut from the financing and any accessories a customer is buying, right? Can you imagine the savings to a customer or profit direct to Ford without the need to go through a dealer?
"
  • 1% of MSRP paid to dealers as a delivery allowance for every delivery
  • 1% of MSRP for adhering to advertising rules like not listing Lightnings under MSRP
  • 1.5% of MSRP as "floorplan assistance" (i.e. financing dealer inventory)
  • 0.5% of MSRP for "Tier 2 Pass-Through" for certain marketing costs
  • 0.5% of MSRP for "Tier 3 Co-Op," which refers to subsidized advertising
  • 0.9% of MSRP for "FCP," which rewards sales achievement targets
  • 3.1% of MSRP for compliance with Ford's EV certification requirements
  • 1.5% of MSRP for an unspecified "Customer Onboarding Payment"
    "

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
Even though MSRP = Invoice, Dealers who follow Ford incentives are making 10% of purchase price (MSRP), if this article is accurate:
https://www.carsdirect.com/deals-articles/2022-ford-lightning-invoice-pricing-is-totally-weird
Not bad for for a few hours dealing a customer, doing some delivery prep at minimum wage. They also can get a cut from the financing and any accessories a customer is buying, right? Can you imagine the savings to a customer or profit direct to Ford without the need to go through a dealer?
"
  • 1% of MSRP paid to dealers as a delivery allowance for every delivery
  • 1% of MSRP for adhering to advertising rules like not listing Lightnings under MSRP
  • 1.5% of MSRP as "floorplan assistance" (i.e. financing dealer inventory)
  • 0.5% of MSRP for "Tier 2 Pass-Through" for certain marketing costs
  • 0.5% of MSRP for "Tier 3 Co-Op," which refers to subsidized advertising
  • 0.9% of MSRP for "FCP," which rewards sales achievement targets
  • 3.1% of MSRP for compliance with Ford's EV certification requirements
  • 1.5% of MSRP for an unspecified "Customer Onboarding Payment"
    "
Don't let a dealer try to tell you they aren't making any money selling the truck at MSRP.
Sponsored