• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

F150 Lightning FORscan thread

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
Keep us posted, let us know if you get it fixed. I'm installing the Lightbar on my Pro when I have time. I will be fiddling around with a bunch of these settings to try and get it to turn on.

Jlarbeypro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Pro
Keep us posted, let us know if you get it fixed. I'm installing the Lightbar on my Pro when I have time. I will be fiddling around with a bunch of these settings to try and get it to turn on.
Ok. I basically started over and I got the lights to come back on, but the green DRL (parking lights) icon isn’t there anymore during the day. The brightness from what I can tell never changed either however those lights are pretty wimpy anyways so no even worth trying in my opinion.

keep me posted if # 1 you get a light bar and #2 how you programmed it. A guy on Facebook lightning group installed one, but he can’t get it to turn on. Says there is no power to the plug that already exists beyond the grille. Someone mentioned it will need to be “code added” not adjusted on forscan, since ours is a pro….

only dealer can do it but probably wouldn’t

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
Ok. I basically started over and I got the lights to come back on, but the green DRL (parking lights) icon isn’t there anymore during the day. The brightness from what I can tell never changed either however those lights are pretty wimpy anyways so no even worth trying in my opinion.

keep me posted if # 1 you get a light bar and #2 how you programmed it. A guy on Facebook lightning group installed one, but he can’t get it to turn on. Says there is no power to the plug that already exists beyond the grille. Someone mentioned it will need to be “code added” not adjusted on forscan, since ours is a pro….

only dealer can do it but probably wouldn’t
I have a lightbar, not installed yet.

First I need to find someone with a Model Year 2023 SR XLT, with Tow Tech and Max Tow.

I have a couple ideas (aside from FORscan) to get it running, if I can't get it to work with FORscan.

If someone has a SR XLT with Tow Tech and Max Tow, would you please send me a message with your VIN? I'm trying to compare an XLT AsBuilt to a Pro AsBuilt. Thanks!

Jasontn316

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Out of curiosity, is the CCM module showing up in Forscan for anyone with a lightning? If so, what is it called? I am looking to enable adaptive cruise control.

Sponsored

ResidualJinx

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln Navigator, F-150 Lightning, Mustang Mach-e
Out of curiosity, is the CCM module showing up in Forscan for anyone with a lightning? If so, what is it called? I am looking to enable adaptive cruise control.
Do all lightning trims come with all the hardware to enable adaptive cruise control (LIDAR, etc) even if it wasn’t a factory option or are you planning on adding all that and enabling it thru Forscan?

Jasontn316

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Do all lightning trims come with all the hardware to enable adaptive cruise control (LIDAR, etc) even if it wasn’t a factory option or are you planning on adding all that and enabling it thru Forscan?
That is what I am trying to determine. Others have added a CCM then enabled ACC on ICE models, but I don't see that part from Ford. I only see a "Speed Sensor".

Nick503955

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat, 2021 Tesla Model Y
Anyone know how to trigger the automatic headlights when the windshield wipers are on?

Blochead21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black 22 XLT 311pkg
I don't see any changes in the sticky - I think you added IPC settings to the wrong section (the auto-window stuff). I looked at the ICE thread and added the settings, and now I have the headlight with "A" in it. I'll see how it acts later.

I did notice that the HCM is now throwing DTC for "General Checksum Failure" which is lighting the MIL.

Code:
Code: U3000 - Control Module

Additional Fault Symptom:
- General Checksum Failure

- DTC Present at Time of Request
- Malfunction Indicator Lamp is On for this DTC

Module: Headlamp Control Module
Clearing DTC's doesn't work - it just comes right back...
Hey @vandy1981, I did some more experimenting tonight and found the working glare-free settings from scratch.

See https://www.f150lightningforum.com/forum/threads/lightning-forscan-hcm-spreadsheet.11807/post-248344 for the post.

Here is the proper HCM recipe for a new truck:

734-01-02 xxxx x2xx xx-- (CAF ADB_GfHB)
734-03-02 xxxx xxxx x1-- (ADBDBL ADB/DBL Combined)
734-11-01 0735 89

Then you have to check to make sure there aren't any checksum DTC's set for the HCM - that will prevent glare-free and bendy beams from working.

So I tried to enable the glare free settings again hoping that I could get it to work or possibly messed it up last time. Still no luck for me. I keep getting a DTC on the HCM. I screen shot what I'm getting if someone could help. Thanks in advance.

Stock As Built HCM
Ford F-150 Lightning F150 Lightning FORscan thread Stock As Built

Modded for Glare Free with DTC
Ford F-150 Lightning F150 Lightning FORscan thread With Glare Free DTC

HCM DTC
Ford F-150 Lightning F150 Lightning FORscan thread DTC

Blochead21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black 22 XLT 311pkg
Small update. I found a vin from our reservation and orders thread that was from Canada with a base XLT. Pulling there as built data I compared to what I had above. The only difference is the below value. The “1” in the 1801 is for zone lighting which shouldn’t apply since I don’t have it.

Ford F-150 Lightning F150 Lightning FORscan thread 541999CC-FD9E-40B9-915B-6DABB7E3D490

After updating this value on my truck the error on the HCM went away. Now I need to find sometime without rain to drive the truck and test it.

Sponsored

kvasiir

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning Lariat Rapid Red
Occupation
Engineer
After updating this value on my truck the error on the HCM went away. Now I need to find sometime without rain to drive the truck and test it.
Awesome - hopefully @vandy1981 can update the first post here shortly!

Blochead21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black 22 XLT 311pkg
I can confirm that the 1801 is needed to make the glare free work. Everything worked as it should tonight. Much better than auto high beam.

wighty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning XLT (SR 311A), 2023 Genesis GV60
I can confirm that the 1801 is needed to make the glare free work. Everything worked as it should tonight. Much better than auto high beam.
Awesome, I got my scanner this week so I think I will try with my XLT this weekend.

OP
OP
vandy1981

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'19 Jaguar I-Pace, '22 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Plumber
Awesome - hopefully @vandy1981 can update the first post here shortly!
Small update. I found a vin from our reservation and orders thread that was from Canada with a base XLT. Pulling there as built data I compared to what I had above. The only difference is the below value. The “1” in the 1801 is for zone lighting which shouldn’t apply since I don’t have it.

541999CC-FD9E-40B9-915B-6DABB7E3D490.png

I've updated that value in the sticky to:

HCM734-03-02xxxxxxx1x1--

wighty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning XLT (SR 311A), 2023 Genesis GV60
Does enabling zone lighting work on an XLT? It has all of the hardware right?
Sponsored