• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

moya7

First Name
Momo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M240i, 2022 Bronco BaseSquatch on order
If you rode in the Pro, how did the vinyl seats look/feel?

Since you have a reservation what trim level lighting are you looking to secure and did the event change your opinion on options at all?

What was your biggest take away from the event?

Also what color was the F150 in the tent you walked around? It seemed almost blue-green at several points in your video.
Wasn't there a B&P up for the Lightning around the time they took reservations? I have no idea what the options are, where are you all getting your info? Thanks!
Sponsored

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
Wasn't there a B&P up for the Lightning around the time they took reservations? I have no idea what the options are, where are you all getting your info? Thanks!
Not really. There's a spec sheet and then there was information from a survey that went to some reservation holders. Both are posted in the sticky threads here however they are subject to change

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro, Sky RL, Frontier, Aurora V8, Buicks, ....
Does it look nose heavy to anyone else?

Ford F-150 Lightning F150 Lightning Reservation Holder Event - Review Video 1632791518013

corradoborg

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Toyota Tacoma S-Runner; F-150 Lightning order
Occupation
Corporate Physical Security Manager
Does it look nose heavy to anyone else?

1632791518013.png
Nose heavy, no. Just raked so that it can handle a payload in the bed without looking like a Carolina Squat. If anything, it'll be tail heavy with a payload (unless the load is evened out between the bed and frunk). But with 4 wheel drive and a low center of gravity that shouldn't be a problem.

Sponsored

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
What color is this Pro?
I am pretty sure that is Iced Blue Silver. Though unless they are side by side I have a hard time telling between Iced Blue Silver and Iconic Silver

Kiggulak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Volt, 2013 Focus EV, 2019 Model 3LR
I am pretty sure that is Iced Blue Silver. Though unless they are side by side I have a hard time telling between Iced Blue Silver and Iconic Silver
I asked the Ford guy at the Daytona event and he thought it might be Iconic Silver or some other silver but he wasn't sure. Ironically he was certain about the Rapid Red XLT and the Antimatter Blue Pro on the ride along circuit. I'm uploading my gopro footage from the event to you tube now will share here in the coming days.

Where have you seen Iced Blue Silver side by side with the other colors?

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering Manager
I asked the Ford guy at the Daytona event and he thought it might be Iconic Silver or some other silver but he wasn't sure. Ironically he was certain about the Rapid Red XLT and the Antimatter Blue Pro on the ride along circuit. I'm uploading my gopro footage from the event to you tube now will share here in the coming days.

Where have you seen Iced Blue Silver side by side with the other colors?
Mainly just flipping back and forth in online images. I don't think we have seen a real life Lightning in Iconic silver yet, but you can find other F150s.

Note: Iconic silver got discontinued on the Mach-e, so Ford may be having an issue sourcing that paint. We will have to see if is available to get on the Lightning.

Kiggulak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Volt, 2013 Focus EV, 2019 Model 3LR
Mainly just flipping back and forth in online images. I don't think we have seen a real life Lightning in Iconic silver yet, but you can find other F150s.

Note: Iconic silver got discontinued on the Mach-e, so Ford may be having an issue sourcing that paint. We will have to see if is available to get on the Lightning.
I think there was a confirmed lone Iced Blue Silver Lightning on a separate static display tour from the F150 Lighting US wide event attended by several of us here and videoed by OP here.

Sponsored

Lime Green

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-350, Expedition Max, Tesla...
The silver truck in for the ride-along in Denver was Iconic Silver and seems to be the same one paraded around to most of the other events. Also happened to be the one I rode in and the guy driving assured me it was Iconic, just in case I started doubting myself.

Still waiting to see the Iced Blue in person. The F-150 PowerBoost you see in the video that they walk by and comment about it being the old one is also Iconic Silver. They had it serving generator duty for the two tents with the Lariat Lightning on one side and the eTransit on the other half. Everything in those two tent spaces being powered by the PowerBoost. Except for the stuff plugged into the Lightning — a fan, a TV and a couple work lights…

What are you talking about? More than a couple Lightnings have made their appearance in Iconic Silver. It’s also a color that is common across the entire lineup of Ford vehicles and one of the most popular color choices. The Mach-E is the only Ford I know of that’s dropping Iconic for MY22, presumably because they replaced it with Iced Blue Silver.

So far the only Iced Blue Silver Lightnings that have been shown (that I have been aware of) are Platinum trim. A couple of the early reservation holder events and many of the media access events had the Platinum available.

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering Manager
The silver truck in for the ride-along in Denver was Iconic Silver and seems to be the same one paraded around to most of the other events. Also happened to be the one I rode in and the guy driving assured me it was Iconic, just in case I started doubting myself.

Still waiting to see the Iced Blue in person. The F-150 PowerBoost you see in the video that they walk by and comment about it being the old one is also Iconic Silver. They had it serving generator duty for the two tents with the Lariat Lightning on one side and the eTransit on the other half. Everything in those two tent spaces being powered by the PowerBoost. Except for the stuff plugged into the Lightning — a fan, a TV and a couple work lights…

What are you talking about? More than a couple Lightnings have made their appearance in Iconic Silver. It’s also a color that is common across the entire lineup of Ford vehicles and one of the most popular color choices. The Mach-E is the only Ford I know of that’s dropping Iconic for MY22, presumably because they replaced it with Iced Blue Silver.

So far the only Iced Blue Silver Lightnings that have been shown (that I have been aware of) are Platinum trim. A couple of the early reservation holder events and many of the media access events had the Platinum available.
Ah - that falls into the camp of I can't tell the difference between Iconic and Iced Blue Silver! I thought all of them were Iced blue. the only time I have seen any blue in iced blue is in the CG images.

Lime Green

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-350, Expedition Max, Tesla...
Ah - that falls into the camp of I can't tell the difference between Iconic and Iced Blue Silver! I thought all of them were Iced blue. the only time I have seen any blue in iced blue is in the CG images.
Exactly! This is why I want to see it with my own eyes! The CG images make Iced Blue look like baby blue, but like all the other colors seem to have it wrong. Of the pictures and videos I’ve seen of Iced Blue, it looks almost like Iconic Silver in direct lighting, but you see the light or baby blue tint to it at off angles. Close up pictures show that it’s still a metallic flake paint, but has a more satin or frosty appearance to it than the Iconic Silver.

It’s been speculated that Marques Brownlee did his review and test drive in an Iced Blue, but no confirmation.

The Lightning in this excellent video review here has been confirmed (according some folks on FB and Twitter) to be Iced Blue:

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro, Sky RL, Frontier, Aurora V8, Buicks, ....

Sapphire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost Platinum
Exactly! This is why I want to see it with my own eyes! The CG images make Iced Blue look like baby blue, but like all the other colors seem to have it wrong. Of the pictures and videos I’ve seen of Iced Blue, it looks almost like Iconic Silver in direct lighting, but you see the light or baby blue tint to it at off angles. Close up pictures show that it’s still a metallic flake paint, but has a more satin or frosty appearance to it than the Iconic Silver.

It’s been speculated that Marques Brownlee did his review and test drive in an Iced Blue, but no confirmation.

The Lightning in this excellent video review here has been confirmed (according some folks on FB and Twitter) to be Iced Blue:
The Iced Blue is super subtle in real life. I could tell it was blue, but it’s very close to Iconic Silver.
Ford F-150 Lightning F150 Lightning Reservation Holder Event - Review Video 404A0E07-0902-4777-9887-F87442545F2A
Ford F-150 Lightning F150 Lightning Reservation Holder Event - Review Video FBFB06EB-85B2-4252-A4E6-8A747FF8198F
Sponsored