• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Failed (OTA) Update bricked my 2023 F150L

carys98

First Name
Cary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat SR
Thanks for the idea.
I now think my problem is that I initially set up the truck using FordPass app on a smartphone. Later I decided that screen was just too small for my purposes, so I installed the app on a tablet. But I didn't uninstall the app from the smartphone.

I thought maybe it had to do with the LV battery update being required.

Only recently (just now) did I re-read the instructions and saw the part about using a new device. It says you have to uninstall the app from the first device to use a new device - I missed that the first time I looked at the page:
-----

How do I get my FordPassĀ®* account on my new phone?
You can add the FordPass App to your new device without having to create another account. Use the steps below.
  1. Ensure your new phone meets the device compatibility specifications.
  2. Download FordPass from the App StoreĀ®** (iOSĀ®ā€ ) or Google Playā„¢ā€ ā€  (Androidā„¢ā€”).
  3. Open the FordPass App.
  4. Log in on your new phone using your username and password from your old phone.
  5. Log out and uninstall FordPass on your old phone once FordPass is set up on your new phone.
Notes:
  • If you are having trouble logging in, you can perform a password reset.
  • Ford does not have the ability to see if someone has uninstalled FordPass.
If you need additional assistance, select to contact a Guide.
-------
So I have the app on two devices. And I can't set up BlueOval because when I select "Connected Services" using the tablet because I get that error message about being an unauthorized account. It must want me to be using the smartphone.

I am going to have to uninstall the app from the smartphone when I get back home and see if that solves the issue.

Or see if I can add the other devices as authorized users.

I didn't realize I couldn't use more than one device at a time with the FordPass app account.

I wonder if I'll just have to start over with the tablet?

One way or the other I will solve it.
I use FordPass on both my phone and my iPad without any problem. I just opened it on both at the same time. I didnā€˜t create separate profiles.
Sponsored

PreservedSwine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning
Thanks, but I don't get any of that tire, battery, etc. vehicle info on my account page (from a PC or tablet), which I think is because I can't get "connected services" to work which I think is because of the battery issue...a real catch 22.

When I go to connected services I get this:

Connected Services

Access not authorized. If you believe you have received this notice in error, please contact us.

Sorry ā€“ it looks like youā€™re not authorized to access Connected Services for this vehicle. To take advantage of these features and products, youā€™ll need to either log in with an authorized account or request access from an authorized account using FordPass.

I assume this is because of the battery issue, customer satisfaction program
"Battery monitor sensor replacement, Campaign#23B70" so until I get that done, I am not going to fight with the Ford computer system.

I don't need remote start and all that functionality right now, and if I want the tire and other info, I can go into the truck and see it on the main screen.

If the battery fix doesn't solve the connected services problem, well...whatever as my grand-kids like to say.
The low voltage battery info is not from the fordpass app, itā€™s from your ford account on-line.

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
This is why I have my auto updates turned off. Software updates always have an element of risk, but when it is your vehicle that you rely on day in and day out, it really needs to be near flawless. Phone update goes bad, inconvenient, but not the same impact.

The thing around these updates that adds to the problem is that Ford pushes out these updates and the local dealerships don't seem to have good awareness or are prepared for them. At least the dealership that I am at. They seem to be in reactive mode to updates and then at the mercy of the Ford helpline when things go wrong. The dealerships should at least have the ability to rollback an update that is causing problems.
Like Gimme said: It is literally a button. The few vehicles I have gotten to check that were "bricked" during an OTA attempt only failed to come out of inhibit mode. It is literally a 2 minute fix. To anyone with FDRS, it takes longer to fire up the laptop and log in to FDRS than it does to "unbrick" the vehicle.

Ford F-150 Lightning Failed (OTA) Update bricked my 2023 F150L 1710909064253-nt

Thanks, but I don't get any of that tire, battery, etc. vehicle info on my account page (from a PC or tablet), which I think is because I can't get "connected services" to work which I think is because of the battery issue...a real catch 22.
Your situation sounds like a prime case of the reason that OTA 23-PU1113-UNX-DC was released. Post or send me your VIN and I can look into an issue that could possibly be affecting your truck.

Last edited:
OP
OP
deltacap

deltacap

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150L Lariat ER
Followup on my post about an OTA update bricking my F150L:

After 22 days at the dealer (from whom I purchased the truck), repairs were completed, including the BMS sensor recall. To their credit, the Ford Customer Relationship Center was very responsive, calling frequently to update me on the (lack of) progress on this repair. They even called around to other dealers in the area but no one was able to look at the truck any sooner than my dealer.

The dealership said they didn't have enough EV certified mechanics on staff, a fact not mentioned at the sale. I hope never to see this image again.