• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

First fill-up with the Lightning $220.25. What am I doing wrong?😀

MickeyAO

First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red Lightning Lariat ER, Kia EV6 GT-Line AWD
Occupation
Lab Manager of the Energy Storage Technology Center
OP
OP
p52Ranch

p52Ranch

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
XLT Lightning, Badlands 7MT, New Holland 4030
Looks like you only spent $128.40...why you exaggerating so much?
That was just the gasoline. 20 gallons of Diesel behind me was another $91 and change.

Griddlez

First Name
Griddlez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning Lariat ER - 21 Mach-E Prem AWD/ER
Wow it's 3.29 there. Dang. IL and our awesome gas tax is still over 4. Not that it's a problem for most of us anymore lol.

Sponsored

SteffanG

First Name
Steffan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Audi Q5 (written off), 2008 F150 XLT HDPP
Occupation
Electrician
Damn I want those gas prices...I am paying $1.88/litre here (a month ago it was $2.3/litre) which is about $7US/gal

Sam James

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford Lightning Lariat ER, 21 VW ID.4 Pro S RWD
Occupation
Accountant
Damn I want those gas prices...I am paying $1.88/litre here (a month ago it was $2.3/litre) which is about $7US/gal
That sounds about the same I was paying in Germany back in 2012. US prices are usually so much better, even in these crazy days.

Not jealous of your haul, @p52Ranch! All our tools are now fully electric. AC failed and so now we’re looking at replacing two conditioners and two gas heaters with air source heat pumps (wish we qualified for that credit…). When the water heater goes we’ll do an ASWH as well.

Firestop

First Name
Firestop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 L Lariat ER; Honda Accord Touring
Yes, and that is why every time I drive to Whistler I see your fellow Canadians lined up at the Costco gas pumps in a Bellingham with me before I cross the border so I can avoid fueling in your neck of the woods during my trip. We here in the US whine way too much not realizing how good we have it compared to what you and others in this world pay for fuel…..

Avocadodude

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariat
Well I'm a little envious of the fuel prices:). I still need to get diesel for the tractor and gas for other tools. I don't think anyone flinches much seeing the lightning at the gas station, but I haven't used an EA charger yet without someone asking me about the truck.

OP
OP
p52Ranch

p52Ranch

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
XLT Lightning, Badlands 7MT, New Holland 4030
There was one person at the gas station when I pulled in who recognized the Lightning and asked if it was all electric. He was puzzled why was I pulling up to a gas pump.

Sponsored

RickKeen

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L SR Pro
Occupation
sw engineering manager,
You need a better way to haul all that gas:
50 gallons. I load it in/out of the truck with ramps.
Mostly used for my boats in the summer so have not hauled it yet in the Lightning.
I need another one for diesel (for the tractor).

Ford F-150 Lightning First fill-up with the Lightning $220.25. What am I doing wrong?😀 1672502349672

Joneii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning, Tesla MY
Well I'm a little envious of the fuel prices:). I still need to get diesel for the tractor and gas for other tools. I don't think anyone flinches much seeing the lightning at the gas station, but I haven't used an EA charger yet without someone asking me about the truck.
I have switched my tools to electric. I was a bit hesitant at first (especially for the chainsaw since I cut about 10 cords a year to heat my home), but they have been great so far. I also recently completed a survey from Kubota with a bunch of questions about how I would use an electric tractor and if I would be willing to buy one. I just bought a new sub-compact last year, but I would trade it in for an electric if Kubota or any major manufacturer made one and had maintenance available for it. Here’s to hoping!

Avocadodude

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariat
I have switched my tools to electric. I was a bit hesitant at first (especially for the chainsaw since I cut about 10 cords a year to heat my home), but they have been great so far. I also recently completed a survey from Kubota with a bunch of questions about how I would use an electric tractor and if I would be willing to buy one. I just bought a new sub-compact last year, but I would trade it in for an electric if Kubota or any major manufacturer made one and had maintenance available for it. Here’s to hoping!
I’ve been eyeing the Stihl electric chainsaws. Also looking to add the electric Polaris ranger now that it has decent power.
Sponsored