• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

THE FIRST LIGHTNING I'VE SEEN ON THE ROAD

OP
OP
ALAN BORER

ALAN BORER

First Name
ALAN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F250
Occupation
RETIRED
He is not actually yelling. He is just typing with all capital letters. He may be visually impaired and accustomed to typing with all capital letters. His profile shows he is retired, as I am. He has probably scrimped on expenses and saved during all of his working career to be able to purchase his dream vehicle as a retirement gift to himself, as I did. I am happy for him, and I applaud his enthusiasm for his new truck.
Thank You
Sponsored

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro, Sky RL, Frontier, Aurora V8, Buicks, ....
I've owned about 11 new Ford pickup trucks over the years my first was a 1975 F 100 and my last was a 2017 F 250 , I can't wait to get my Lightning !
You will love it. And you will be the superstar people will walk up to, to get the scoop on the truck. It is well worth the wait.

Last edited:

Sponsored

jimfigler

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning Lariat ER, 21 Corvette Convertible
You will love it. And you will be the superstar people will walk up to, to get the scoop on the truck. It is well worth the wait.
i have not had a single person come up and say anything about the truck. 99% of the population just sees an F150.

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro, Sky RL, Frontier, Aurora V8, Buicks, ....
i have not had a single person come up and say anything about the truck. 99% of the population just sees an F150.
l agree that most don’t know the difference. You won’t get the Rivian kinda attention which is a good thing (less of a chance you get your truck keyed). That said, I have had people circling my truck on the road right after I picked it up and in the parking lot. I have had people that followed me into a parking lot because they saw me accelerate and had to know what is under my hood. And yesterday, a dude that was waiting for his Rivian and had to know how I like my Lighting. But I agree with you. It is much more of a sleeper than other EVs.

ScubaSteve_TheReal

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Platinum - Carbonized Gray Metallic
Occupation
Derivatives
Open your frunk when you are loading groceries or items from shopping. It’s like moths to the light lol.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow Iconic Silver
Occupation
Retired
...tail gate as it rather silently leaves the traffic signal. 🚦
Yup, a few of my friends have told me that's how they distinguish the Lightning and whether or not it's me they see on the road.

Interestingly, yesterday afternoon I encountered an XLT or Pro model Iconic Silver like mine but w/o the tailgate light bar, but I quickly knew what it was, the "LIGHTNING" on the rear quarter panel is a dead giveaway. They were backing out of a residential driveway about 2 miles from my house, so we have at least a couple in my local area, I didn't get a glimpse of the front to see if it was a PRO vs XLT

Sponsored

jimfigler

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning Lariat ER, 21 Corvette Convertible
Open your frunk when you are loading groceries or items from shopping. It’s like moths to the light lol.
Yeah that's probably true but I just throw them in the back seat. With the seats up I'm amazed the room back there.

RichB-HTX

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning XLT
I'm in Houston. I have mine. There is another about 5 blocks from me. This weekend, we were heading to our ranch out NW from Houston and one passed me and waved. Then yesterday, I saw another in my neighborhood...I was waiting to turn left and one went by and the driver waved. Then today, I dropped off my jeep at our autoshop and heading home, saw another that passed us. we waved, don't know if he saw us. This is after months of not seeing any other than at dealers.

hturnerfamily

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 LIGHTNING PRO IcedBlueSilver 8/23/2022
Occupation
Owner
I stopped in at a Hyundai dealer in Tallahassee today, to see about their brand NEW Chargepoint DC Fast Chargers - THREE of them, no less...

the salesperson stopped my and leaned into my truck, on the open window sill, having a good long conversation about any Hyundai EVs in the market, and the future, and charging 'woes' for travel: He never even noticed or mentioned, or even realized, he was leaning on a F150 Lightning Pro EV. Oh well. I don't mind, that's actually one of the things I most like about it : )
Sponsored