• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Ford….. Get Rid of your Deal with SunRun

Pjlightning

First Name
PJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F 150
My reading of it is that Ford never touches Charge Station Pros. They just give ‘go/no go‘ to SunRun or AEE to ship them out once they are in stock in a month or so.
I spoke to my rep at Sunrun today, and he says they have in stock all of the equipment, and can’t send anything out until the truck purchase actually occurs, otherwise they could be stuck sending the equipment out to people who don’t end up buying the truck.

It’s a big catch 22.

or a chicken and egg…

or just a cluster all around

Not good
Sponsored

OP
OP
F150ROD

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
I spoke to my rep at Sunrun today, and he says they have in stock all of the equipment, and can’t send anything out until the truck purchase actually occurs, otherwise they could be stuck sending the equipment out to people who don’t end up buying the truck.

It’s a big catch 22.

or a chicken and egg…

or just a cluster all around

Not good
Which is even more reason for Ford to ship directly to the customer.

Maybe I’m paranoid but I envision situations where they are low on Stock for Chargers and they begin to prioritize those who choose their service. Or hold your Charger hostage for weeks months because their customer service is trash.

Silent_Thunder

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER, 1993 F-150 XL 2WD
Occupation
Sustainable Landscape Design & Install
@Ford Motor Company please send me a survey on my experience with SunRun. I’m going on 4 weeks since they came out to take pictures and measurements, my “advisor” refuses to take a call or call back on an estimate.

Some owners have already taken delivery with NO PRO CHARGER.

Change the Process before it starts to get out of hand.
Finally got our quote back today! Took delivery on our Lariat Saturday. Quote didn’t have breakdown of costs. Projected install 6/21-6/24. Meanwhile we’re rocking a 20-amp 120v outlet in the garage. 1.5-2 mi/hr range added…

Pjlightning

First Name
PJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F 150
Finally got our quote back today! Took delivery on our Lariat Saturday. Quote didn’t have breakdown of costs. Projected install 6/21-6/24. Meanwhile we’re rocking a 20-amp 120v outlet in the garage. 1.5-2 mi/hr range added…
Where did the price come in at?

I got a “rough draft” of $9,500 today from them. Final numbers coming tomorrow

Firestop

First Name
Firestop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 L Lariat ER; Honda Accord Touring
….basically, a trickle charge…….👌

Sponsored

Silent_Thunder

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation

Roy2001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MX LR; Prius Prime
Which is even more reason for Ford to ship directly to the customer.

Maybe I’m paranoid but I envision situations where they are low on Stock for Chargers and they begin to prioritize those who choose their service. Or hold your Charger hostage for weeks months because their customer service is trash.
Completely agree. Why don’t Ford simply throw the charger inside the frunk?

Ken

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER
Has anyone gotten a quote for running the 100amp line with a 14/50 outlet placeholder, then swapping that out with the 80 amp charger later? That's what I might do for now if it works. My run is right next to the house power panel, so the length isn't that long, it's the two trips that will get me.

Firestop

First Name
Firestop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Has anyone gotten a quote for running the 100amp line with a 14/50 outlet placeholder, then swapping that out with the 80 amp charger later? That's what I might do for now if it works. My run is right next to the house power panel, so the length isn't that long, it's the two trips that will get me.
Yes. My electrician’s quote to install the Charge Pro supplied by a 26’ run of #3 Copper in conduit to a new 100A breaker in an existing 200A/240V service panel was just shy of $1,700 (Labor portion: 1/2-3/4 day @ $750/day). If I chose to install a NEMA 14-50, and then the Charge Pro later, he said it would be an additional service charge ($100/hr)…

Ken

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER
Thanks, i think I'll go with that option for now. I don't want to charge via a 110/120 outlet since I have a 90 mile round trip daily commute and I can use the included mobile charger while I figure out whether to go all in on the home backup system with my existing solar.

Sponsored

Firestop

First Name
Firestop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Thanks, i think I'll go with that option for now. I don't want to charge via a 110/120 outlet since I have a 90 mile round trip daily commute and I can use the included mobile charger while I figure out whether to go all in on the home backup system with my existing solar.
Yeah, I‘m considering doing the same depending of the state of Charge Pro deliveries at the time of my 6/10 Build delivery (mid July?????). I saw a post on the forum earlier this evening from one of those with an initial delivery of an ER Lariat. He is seeing an added range of 1.5-2 mi/hr using the supplied portable charger on a 20-amp 120v outlet…I couldn’t live with 21-28 miles/day range add too long after leaving the dealer with a fully charged battery. I expect paying for the electrian’s 2nd visit will eventually be a wash with buying at a public charging station depending on the Charge Station Pro delivery delay…..🧐

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager

PACSMAN

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
The charger situation has taken a lot of the pleasure out of getting a Lightning. It's all become just a big PIA. Dealing with a 3rd party is not the best way to do this.

Tony Burgh

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired
The charger situation has taken a lot of the pleasure out of getting a Lightning. It's all become just a big PIA. Dealing with a 3rd party is not the best way to do this.
I believe the association with Sunrun came from accounting, not engineering or marketing.

Silent_Thunder

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Please tell me that is for the whole home backup system and not their price just to install the EVSE......
It better not be! We asked for the itemized breakdown; will update!
Sponsored