• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Ford -> It's your charger. No Ford, it's your buggy &*# code.

OP
OP

PrivateJoker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lariat ER, Telsa MY, 12 Leaf, 18 Leaf
If I set a location preference it goes haywire and keeps stopping/starting charging 2 to 3 times per minute. It does this outside the permitted the charging window.

Ford F-150 Lightning Ford -> It's your charger.   No Ford, it's your buggy &*# code. Screenshot_20240206-073228~2

Meanwhile the app thought it was waiting to charge.

These are the settings, confirmed and originally set in the truck as well.

Ford F-150 Lightning Ford -> It's your charger.   No Ford, it's your buggy &*# code. Screenshot_20240206-215723
Sponsored

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
If I set a location preference it goes haywire and keeps stopping/starting charging 2 to 3 times per minute. It does this outside the permitted the charging window.

Screenshot_20240206-073228~2.png

Meanwhile the app thought it was waiting to charge.
There have been reports of this (or something very close) on the Mach-E forum. The cause has been attributed to a software update. The only cars that have been fixed so far are cases where Ford sent a tech to the dealership and made some software changes.

OP
OP

PrivateJoker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
The only cars that have been fixed so far are cases where Ford sent a tech to the dealership and made some software changes.
I'm not terribly optimistic it will ever get resolved in my case. We don't seem to have the same technical resources available in Canada.

FinsNBolts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning Lariat
I had a similar issue that I thought was software related for the longest time because I could get it to charge by deleting the profile locations, etc.

Eventually that started to fail too and I couldn’t get a charge on level 2 even after resetting a location, etc.

It turned out to be a failing SOBDM. Once it was replaced, everything has been working great. If you search my post history, you will find the thread. Might be a similar issue for you…

OP
OP

PrivateJoker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I had a similar issue that I thought was software related for the longest time because I could get it to charge by deleting the profile locations, etc.
I've had this issue since August 2023. It started after a failed update.

Ford F-150 Lightning Ford -> It's your charger.   No Ford, it's your buggy &*# code. 1707312019321

It only happens when I create a profile, and it seems to go nuts immediately after it hits the "Do not charge time". You can see on the graph above all the start/stop cycles starting at around 7:13am where it should not be charging at all.

theUNSTABLE

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
github.com
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Cyber Engineer
I've had this issue since August 2023. It started after a failed update.

1707312019321.png

It only happens when I create a profile, and it seems to go nuts immediately after it hits the "Do not charge time". You can see on the graph above all the start/stop cycles starting at around 7:13am where it should not be charging at all.

I would be really curious to see what the API has for your data with charging preferences.

Also, side question: Do you use HomeAssistant by any chance?
I recently started working on the initial run of being able to control charging through the integration. Its not fully working yet but I have the endpoints and I'm working on the code when I have time (but rarely have any time)
Sponsored