• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
One thing to factor in to all this is the Federal and State Rebates. Massachusetts and Federal total 15k of incentives. That alone would impact the residual.
Rebates or tax credits in no way affect a residual. No one will care or even know in 3 years which trucks got a rebate and which ones didn't.

You did make me think an interesting thought though. If a dealer was adding a big ADM would Options be the way to go for a buyer? I say this because Ford knows what the selling price is, would someone in the back office be looking at the agreement and reach out to the dealer to say you can't put that price into the options plan? Or would the buyer just be that more upside down?
Sponsored

monsterlag

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning, Tesla Model Y Performance
One thing to factor in to all this is the Federal and State Rebates. Massachusetts and Federal total 15k of incentives. That alone would impact the residual.
I don’t think you understand how residuals work. Residuals are set by the manufacturer/captive lender.The $15k of incentives merely reduce the cap cost.

Reactions: GDN

monsterlag

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning, Tesla Model Y Performance
I wish NY was as generous as MA. We only get $500.
lol and the $500 is only if you agree to hold the truck for 3 years. I had to sign papers specially for that.

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
lol and the $500 is only if you agree to hold the truck for 3 years. I had to sign papers specially for that.
Yup - plan to anyways so not a big deal.

Sponsored

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Just checked and my credit union bumped up rates again. 2.99 for 60 mo., 3.24 for 72, and 4.99 for 84. I'd they keep going up like this, I will be paying 20% by the time I get my truck!

Texas Dan

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'04 Envoy XL 4WD, '15 Fusion Energi, '19 Niro EV
Occupation
Engineer
Rebates or tax credits in no way affect a residual. No one will care or even know in 3 years which trucks got a rebate and which ones didn't.
I think you are very wrong on this. The residual percentages compared to MSRP on EVs are typically much lower than on ICE vehicles. For example, an ICE vehicle may have a residual of 65% of MSRP after 2 years where an EV with the same MSRP may have a residual of 55% of MSRP after 2 years.

I bought a 2013 Ford Focus Electric in 2015 for 35% of MSRP. It was a great car, nothing wrong with it but government incentives and changing technology just killed the residual value of the car. Nobody in their right mind would buy a very low millage used EV for the same price as the same new EV when then know they can get $10k in government incentives on the new EV.

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech

You did make me think an interesting thought though. If a dealer was adding a big ADM would Options be the way to go for a buyer? I say this because Ford knows what the selling price is, would someone in the back office be looking at the agreement and reach out to the dealer to say you can't put that price into the options plan? Or would the buyer just be that more upside down?
I think if Ford finance will allow 140% financing for their vehicles due to people being upside down in their trades, I think Ford Options may still work for them and still be underwater for a long time...

In addition to my current Lightning which I financed, I am looking forward to taking advantage of price protection on my wife's MME.

She will get $2000 incentive + 2.49% Options MF.
Sponsored