• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Ford Software Requests for 2024

meow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER; 2024 Hyundai Ioniq 5 SEL
Revising my previous statement: I do have things to add.
  1. Give me some way to authorize against the API that doesn’t potentially lock me out of the ability to ever use the app again. The possibilities with open API access are exciting but the weaponized dumbassery of punishing end users for accessing their vehicle’s data is truly infuriating.
  2. On the note of vehicle data, allow us granular control of what we share with Ford. US privacy laws suck but that’s no reason to harvest so much without allowing us control over what we share.
    1. Withouthobbling key features.
      1. I might want remote control while denying the manufacturer the privilege of knowing what I’m listening to or seeing who I’m flipping off while driving.
I just want Secure-alert back. I don't understand why it was taken away to begin with.
RIGHT? It worked perfectly for me. 😥
Sponsored

ryun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Kia EV6, 2023 Lightning XLT SR
My software requests:
  • Eliminate location-based charging rules. Minor map/address inaccuracy led me to have a lot of issues with charge scheduling. Recommend: have user selectable DC and AC charging maximums. Allow the driver to set desired charge time of day. Give the driver the option to “only allowing charging during set time” or “allow charging outside of set time to meet desired % SOC by departure time (or end or charge window)”
I forgot how much this annoyed me when I first set it up. I was so confused I couldn't set a charge limit as easily as my wife's EV6 only to learn that I had to actually plug the truck in first :rolleyes:. I'd like to see a global maximum for AC and DC charging separately. Ford can keep the location-based logic for overrides if they really want.

Bokenator

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning - Antimatter Blue
My software ask(s):
1) Previously installed software: Show me what software packets I have successfully downloaded and installed. Right now you can find out the last one installed, but that is it. I want the full history. Or at least the last 5. I don't care if this is available via the truck or the app, or only if I log into the website. Just tell me what software you have loaded onto my vehicle.
2) Give me the ability to select old software updates and manually load them. Probably not going to happen, but the ability to say "Hey, I missed that one and I really like that feature" and enable me to go get it. I missed the first iteration of the OTA updates that gave battery % on the non-Calm screen, and had to wait like 6 months for it to get pushed out with 6.8. I was starting to think that I had just missed it and it was a feature my truck wasn't ever going to get.
3) Tell me why I failed to upload the latest software version. Did I time out? Does my wifi connection suck? Is my LVB below the threshold? Were my doors not locked? Was my sacrifice to the Ford gods inadequate...did I inadvertently sacrifice a steer instead of a calf? Was I supposed to stand on my head and chant "Ford is great, Ford is good" repeatedly while making the sacrifice? Help me help you...

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
My software ask(s):
1) Previously installed software: Show me what software packets I have successfully downloaded and installed. Right now you can find out the last one installed, but that is it. I want the full history. Or at least the last 5. I don't care if this is available via the truck or the app, or only if I log into the website. Just tell me what software you have loaded onto my vehicle.
2) Give me the ability to select old software updates and manually load them. Probably not going to happen, but the ability to say "Hey, I missed that one and I really like that feature" and enable me to go get it. I missed the first iteration of the OTA updates that gave battery % on the non-Calm screen, and had to wait like 6 months for it to get pushed out with 6.8. I was starting to think that I had just missed it and it was a feature my truck wasn't ever going to get.
3) Tell me why I failed to upload the latest software version. Did I time out? Does my wifi connection suck? Is my LVB below the threshold? Were my doors not locked? Was my sacrifice to the Ford gods inadequate...did I inadvertently sacrifice a steer instead of a calf? Was I supposed to stand on my head and chant "Ford is great, Ford is good" repeatedly while making the sacrifice? Help me help you...
As far as #1 and #3 go, feel free to message me anytime. I can help you with both of those.

dww

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L, Tesla 3P, YP
30 day owner notes:

Every drive annoyances:

1. If you select recirculation ON don’t turn it off automatically every 3 minutes. I don’t like my cabin smelling like exhaust and I don’t want to turn on Max AC just to get recirc. Add a button for recirculation where the max defrost is, there are already two max defrost buttons. When I press it leave it on. If you think the cabin is about to fog send a popup message. Let me keep it on if I want it on.
2. Get PAAK to lock the car on walk away
3. When I put the car in park turn the lights off after 20 sec. I park and want the car on with climate/infotainment and the lights OFF way more than I park and want the lights on. Turn the lights back on when the car is put in D or R.
3. Allow climate control from the app
4. Show lock/unlock window state from the app

Weekly annoyances:
1. Add a beep when I try to lock the doors and one is open (or send a warning in the app if a door is open, the car is not locked and there is not a phone or keay near the car). There is a beep for everything else (backup, slow driving, opening frunk, opening door, car starting), this is the one beep I need.
2. Add edit charge level from app, not just 100%. I actually do like location based charge levels as default.

Would be really nice features.
1. Dog mode - see Tesla
2. AC work/camp mode - turn all of the car off except the AC outlets.

General
1. Better SW updates, we should all be close to being on the same version.
2. Charge less for DCFC. Everywhere Tesla is 35c FordPass is 50c.
Sponsored