• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Does trailer camera work while actually driving?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Tacoma
Hi,

I'm puzzling out my build and trying to decide if I should spring for the Individual Trailer Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS)/Customer-Placed Trailer Camera.

I was just curious if anyone can confirm that the trailer camera is able to be shown onscreen while you're actually at speed? I know a lot of cars seem to gate the rear cameras off for only when you're actually in reverse. I searched for info but am seeing mixed messages as to whether it is or isn't possible. If it isn't possible, the trailer camera wouldn't even be as useful as a much cheaper regular trailer camera that you buy from the store.

Thanks!
Sponsored

Marcoux

First Name
Stéphane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 lightning XLT
If you're referring to the backup camera, yes you can put it on while driving. The only thing is, there will be an annoying text in the middle of your screen that doesn't go away. It sort of does the job.

invertedspear

Threads
Reaction score
Website
lightningcalcs.pages.dev
Vehicles
Antimatter Blue XLT (312A) ER, 2004 Jeep TJ
If you're referring to the backup camera, yes you can put it on while driving. The only thing is, there will be an annoying text in the middle of your screen that doesn't go away. It sort of does the job.
I thought a recent OTA removes that text.

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150L Pro, Rivian R1T, Model S, Model X
Occupation
Smart Ass
Mine doesn't have any text either..

I'm puzzling out my build and trying to decide if I should spring for the Individual Trailer Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS)/Customer-Placed Trailer Camera.

I was just curious if anyone can confirm that the trailer camera is able to be shown onscreen while you're actually at speed? I know a lot of cars seem to gate the rear cameras off for only when you're actually in reverse. I searched for info but am seeing mixed messages as to whether it is or isn't possible. If it isn't possible, the trailer camera wouldn't even be as useful as a much cheaper regular trailer camera that you buy from the store.

Thanks!
The bed cam, hitch cam, trailer cam all work while at speed. The 360 view does get locked out though.

Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired