• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Ford website "charge level" question

ccough

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning Pro
Occupation
Geoscientist
This morning I logged onto the Ford website in an attempt to reserve the NACS adapter (didn't succeed due to heavy volume). While logged into my account, I navigated to the page shown below which designates a "charge level". It says 91%; I don't know if I have yet ever had the truck at a 90% or greater state of charge. Is this a reflection of the battery degradation or just a software quirk poorly providing what it thinks is the current SOC? The estimated distance remaining does look current and accurate and syncs with what the gauge cluster reads right now.

For what it's worth I have run some numbers on several trips using the miles driven, efficiency, and change in SOC to compute a rough estimate of usable battery. In these cases I was getting estimates of around 92-93 kWh usable (truck is a SR '22 with 25,000 miles) which translates to about 5-6% degradation.

Ford F-150 Lightning Ford website "charge level" question Screenshot from 2024-02-29 10-51-05
Sponsored

kab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER (Atlas Blue)
This morning I logged onto the Ford website in an attempt to reserve the NACS adapter (didn't succeed due to heavy volume). While logged into my account, I navigated to the page shown below which designates a "charge level". It says 91%; I don't know if I have yet ever had the truck at a 90% or greater state of charge. Is this a reflection of the battery degradation or just a software quirk poorly providing what it thinks is the current SOC? The estimated distance remaining does look current and accurate and syncs with what the gauge cluster reads right now.

For what it's worth I have run some numbers on several trips using the miles driven, efficiency, and change in SOC to compute a rough estimate of usable battery. In these cases I was getting estimates of around 92-93 kWh usable (truck is a SR '22 with 25,000 miles) which translates to about 5-6% degradation.

Screenshot from 2024-02-29 10-51-05.jpg
That's the 12v battery charge level

sfringer

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER

Screenshot from 2024-02-29 10-51-05.jpg
That's the LVB charge - seems to confuse lots of folks when they first encounter it since there is no indication which battery it is, and most people focus on the HVB SOC.

OP
OP
ccough

ccough

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning Pro
Occupation
Geoscientist
Thank you, that clears it up!

davehu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lighting Lariat ER, Iconic Silver
Occupation
retired
That's the LVB charge - seems to confuse lots of folks when they first encounter it since there is no indication which battery it is, and most people focus on the HVB SOC.
really nice of Ford to confuse everyone. if it were not for this forum we'd be lost. FORD should be paying us money for supporting their products.

Sponsored

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
really nice of Ford to confuse everyone. if it were not for this forum we'd be lost. FORD should be paying us money for supporting their products.
If not for this and the Mach-E forum, many of us wouldn't own these vehicles...

davehu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
If not for this and the Mach-E forum, many of us wouldn't own these vehicles...
I spent 30 years at CPQ,DEC,HP so I'm more than comfortable with software issues and support, I understand when $100 software has email or user forums for support, but we all paid $70-$90k for our truck. software support shouldn't be subbed out. But yet, here we are.

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I spent 30 years at CPQ,DEC,HP so I'm more than comfortable with software issues and support, I understand when $100 software has email or user forums for support, but we all paid $70-$90k for our truck. software support shouldn't be subbed out. But yet, here we are.
It's worse though. Ford provides zero support, whereas many of the companies that you list have their own forums with user involvement.

davehu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
It's worse though. Ford provides zero support, whereas many of the companies that you list have their own forums with user involvement.
exactly! I went through this with Compaq/hp as they evolved from a dealer only sales/support structure to a hybrid with direct sales to large accounts, small/medium business through resellers to direct sales and support with dealers as only a distribution network. Ford is walking a tightrope because of the Tesla model has proven to work just like Dell forced Compaq/HP's hand in the 90's.

Just glad this is a lively owners forum to go to for help. Thank you EVERYONE on this forum!

Last edited:
OP
OP
ccough

ccough

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning Pro
Occupation
Geoscientist
I have been a forum reader here since late 2021, and the knowledge and enthusiasm that is shared really helps make the ownership experience even better! (...and the pre-ownership waiting experience before being able to get the truck more tantalizing, lol!).

Sponsored

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
What!? You don't consider asking for VIN and dealer name support?:ROFLMAO:
As compared to companies in other industries? No. Then again, those industries lack the dealer infrastructure.

Ford has to at least progress to the point where they can answer questions people pose that are technology-based.

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mastang Mach-E Grabber Blue First Edition
As compared to companies in other industries? No. Then again, those industries lack the dealer infrastructure.

Ford has to at least progress to the point where they can answer questions people pose that are technology-based.
Sorry, I was being sarcastic. So far, I've only seen a single useful post from @Ford Motor Company. That was the announcement of Goodwill program related to HVBJB recall on MME.

Tfarrell73

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23Lightning Lariat ER in production, 17 GMC Sierra
Since the 12v battery status is available on ford.com. why don't they have it on fordpass? Seems like a no brainer
Sponsored