• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

FordPass not connecting

EdwinT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning Pro, Matrix, 91 Galant VR4 (for sale)
has anyone else had this issue lately? My app hasn’t been connecting to my truck since Feb14.

What I’ve tried:
•I just updated the app and rebooted my phone and still nothing
•I then connected to my home wifi and that also did not work

Edit: I have a 2023 Pro with no options

Thanks!
Sponsored

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
Most 2023s have this issue, search the forums.

OP
OP
EdwinT

EdwinT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Most 2023s have this issue, search the forums.
I tried and got a lot of useless info. Then I made this post and the related posts popped up and did a much better job searching than I did haha. I need to learn to use the search feature I guess.

My truck is charging right now. Seems the solution is to disconnect the negative terminal. I’ll do that after I drive it one more time since I just downloaded the app again and connected to my home wifi. If there is another solution that I kissed please let me know. Thanks!

I’ll delete this thread after today since it’s a repost essentially

jallen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2009 F150 XLT / 2023 Ford Lightning Pro
I tried and got a lot of useless info. Then I made this post and the related posts popped up and did a much better job searching than I did haha. I need to learn to use the search feature I guess.

My truck is charging right now. Seems the solution is to disconnect the negative terminal. I’ll do that after I drive it one more time since I just downloaded the app again and connected to my home wifi. If there is another solution that I kissed please let me know. Thanks!

I’ll delete this thread after today since it’s a repost essentially
Funny, I was sailing along just fine since delivery until this morning…and I got the dreaded “no connection” between FordPass app and truck. Tried every other suggestion first other than disconnecting the battery. Nothing worked until I disconnected 12v negative. Cycled the truck on and off and presto, it’s connected again.
hopefull the fix from ford comes soon!

OP
OP
EdwinT

EdwinT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Funny, I was sailing along just fine since delivery until this morning…and I got the dreaded “no connection” between FordPass app and truck. Tried every other suggestion first other than disconnecting the battery. Nothing worked until I disconnected 12v negative. Cycled the truck on and off and presto, it’s connected again.
hopefull the fix from ford comes soon!
Dang! Any other precautions other than vehicle off and not charging ?

Sponsored

jallen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2009 F150 XLT / 2023 Ford Lightning Pro
Dang! Any other precautions other than vehicle off and not charging ?
Nope, done it 5-10 times now for various reasons (removing steering wheel airbag, etc). You’ll get a little reconnection “spark” at first when you reconnect negative as all the lights and modules come back alive. But that’s about it.

KrazyEd

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME RWD SB, 2018 Zero FXS, 2014 Zero S
Occupation
Taxi Driver
Mine was working fine for about a month after delivery. One day it just stopped. I disconnected the
negative terminal of the 12 volt battery for a few minutes and it worked again. This is in many of the
issues that involve the truck. Works for some, not for others. Worked for me.

Frankis843

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 XLT
Occupation
Ford Guy
Mine routinely disconnects from FordPass for about 24 hours at a time. It always syncs back up again with no interaction on my part.

drdirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat
I stopped disconnecting the battery since at most it gives me a day or so of APP connectivity before it dies again. Just curious if any of you have this issue AFTER you installed any version greater than 4.1.1. I am still on 4.1.1 and no updates have showed up either in app or in car. Very annoying.

gymgeek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Edge, 2023 F150L Pro
Occupation
IT Geek
I stopped disconnecting the battery since at most it gives me a day or so of APP connectivity before it dies again. Just curious if any of you have this issue AFTER you installed any version greater than 4.1.1. I am still on 4.1.1 and no updates have showed up either in app or in car. Very annoying.
I had the issue before the update to 4.1.1. The 4.1.1 update must have downloaded via wifi. It was probably 3 weeks after my truck dropped offline that the 4.1.1 update installed. The install must have caused the modem to reboot because it restored connectivity for about a week after the install before it disconnected again.

David Gervais

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Same here, reset using the battery disconnect method only to make things worst. first the frunk wouldn’t close, then found the preset radio station were gone, but now the truck is disregarding the charge settings and charging to 100%. This is really started to PMO.. I suppose the next step to waste some time at the dealership.
Sponsored