• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Free 250kWh question

jimfigler

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning Lariat ER, 21 Corvette Convertible
I assume the free balance is only usable at EA chargers in the Blue Oval Network not others in the network, like EV connect, ChargePoint and Blink?
Sponsored

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lightning ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
yes

Monkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Lightning, Tesla Model Y, and more...
Occupation
Semi-retired electrical/computer/software engineer
The free 250kWh must be used via Plug N Charge through Blue Oval Network. I'm curious to know if they would work charging at a Tesla station since Tesla passes through BON the same way EA does. I might see if that works once I get my adapter. I still have 160kWh of free credits. Yeah, in over a year of owning the truck, I haven't used them up. Took forever to get Plug N Charge working and then when I've been on any meaningful road trips, I've used the EA Pass+ via their app for cheaper rates. So I've only tapped those free hours once.

OP
OP
jimfigler

jimfigler

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning Lariat ER, 21 Corvette Convertible
The free 250kWh must be used via Plug N Charge through Blue Oval Network. I'm curious to know if they would work charging at a Tesla station since Tesla passes through BON the same way EA does. I might see if that works once I get my adapter. I still have 160kWh of free credits. Yeah, in over a year of owning the truck, I haven't used them up. Took forever to get Plug N Charge working and then when I've been on any meaningful road trips, I've used the EA Pass+ via their app for cheaper rates. So I've only tapped those free hours once.
I still have 234 after 15 months

Sponsored

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
It is not necessary to use P&C. You can activate the charger in FordPass and use your gratis kWh.

VTbuckeye

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 Bolt, 16 XC90T8, 22 XC40 P8 Recharge, 17 Tacoma
Still have 250 from our lightning since Oct 2022 and 250 from our Volvo Sept 2021. We have a phev for long drives, though I may be getting a 3 row EV to replace the phev. Just have to get my better half to ok the vehicle (too bad she is super busy after school and on Saturdays for the next month with our kid's middle school musical).

Zaptor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER and 2023 Lightning XLT ER
Occupation
Rodeo clown
At less than 5 cents/kwh to charge at home off peak, that's like twelve bucks to me.

I don't know if I've ever even looked too see if I got it :p

Montecarlossfan

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Azure Gray XLT Lightning
Occupation
Programmer
At less than 5 cents/kwh to charge at home off peak, that's like twelve bucks to me.

I don't know if I've ever even looked too see if I got it :p
You sir are lucky lol.. with delivery charge here in CT and on an 8.9 cent rate .. .25 a KW all in, soon to be .30 because they want to make up lost revenue due to non paying customers during COVID :rolleyes:. I found a 62kw charger near me that will deliver 50kw of charge for $1.60. I already have a solar design done here and it’ll end up costing me $190 a month for 10 yrs and I own the panels(16kw) which will definitely make it worthwhile to charge at home.

Zaptor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER and 2023 Lightning XLT ER
Occupation
Rodeo clown
You sir are lucky lol.. with delivery charge here in CT and on an 8.9 cent rate .. .25 a KW all in, soon to be .30 because they want to make up lost revenue due to non paying customers during COVID :rolleyes:. I found a 62kw charger near me that will deliver 50kw of charge for $1.60. I already have a solar design done here and it’ll end up costing me $190 a month for 10 yrs and I own the panels(16kw) which will definitely make it worthwhile to charge at home.
Oh, I know it's a killer rate. TOU here does not charge distribution for off peak, so it's crazy cheap at night. 37 or 40 cents during the day though!

That's a killer deal that charger is giving, must be subsidized somehow for just over a penny a kW?

You'll love the solar offset. We put in 24.32kW of Panasonic panels about 4 years ago, and that's why we're all EV now. :)

Sponsored

Montecarlossfan

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Azure Gray XLT Lightning
Occupation
Programmer
Oh, I know it's a killer rate. TOU here does not charge distribution for off peak, so it's crazy cheap at night. 37 or 40 cents during the day though!

That's a killer deal that charger is giving, must be subsidized somehow for just over a penny a kW?

You'll love the solar offset. We put in 24.32kW of Panasonic panels about 4 years ago, and that's why we're all EV now. :)
Absolutely will love not having a bill that randomly decides to go up on a whim when shareholders need more dividends lol…I can’t justify getting battery backup with solar since it almost doubles the cost and the ROI doesn’t seem to be there yet plus we have a truck that’s good for 3 days or more as well as standard generators plus ecoflow units sized for the fridge/freezers with panels to charge in the event of a longer outage.

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lightning ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X

Will NOT work at Tesla, only EA. And P&C is not required.

FirstF150InCasco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Will not work on Tesla.

Steve1980

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
I assume the free balance is only usable at EA chargers in the Blue Oval Network not others in the network, like EV connect, ChargePoint and Blink?
Correct, if you have P&C enabled it will show what networks are supported and has a statement at the bottom that the free kWh will be deducted only when using EA.

Ford F-150 Lightning Free 250kWh question IMG_8010

FANTIEPEI1

First Name
MARTIN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 LIGHTNING LARIAT
Occupation
Defender of all free things

I'm new to all of this my truck is being delivered tomorrow used 23 lariat from dealer. Is this something that I might have assigned to my truck when it arrives? I'm not sure if I understand what this even is but it sounds like free charging credits at specific sites or vendors(apologize for not using the proper terms yet)
Sponsored