• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Sunrun Free Installation?

gratney

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning
Occupation
Lab manager
Hello,
I purchased my 2023 Lariat ER out of state (supposed to be here Wednesday). So I didn't get this informatino face-to-face, but the finance manager relayed to me that Sunrun did free install of the Ford Charge Station Pro. I feel like he must have been misinformed or there must be some catch to it. Does anyone with firsthand experience know what the true answer is here? Much thanks!
Sponsored

VTHokies

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat
It cost me $1,250 for Sunrun to install my charger, that was the base price in Texas as I didn't require any panel upgrades and the install was within 10ft of my panel.

as mentioned he's probably talking about some state or local utility incentive programs that are obviously dependent on where you live.

OP
OP

gratney

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning
Occupation
Lab manager
The dealer is in Colorado. I don't know he would have known about Dominion's plan. Thanks for that reference... I'll check it out. I still wonder if there's something with Sunrun or if I can just have an electrician I already know to install. I'm guessing they will charge something.

Ffxdude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning
SunRun will ship the charger to you for free. They will charge you for any install. They are usually more expensive than other companies. That Dominion program that @PreservedSwine located is good, but it installs a chargepoint or juice box charger, not the ford unit. Those may work for your needs though. Qmerit is the service that they use to locate an installer in your area, and is a good place to start for electricians if you don’t already have one you want to use.

Sponsored
OP
OP

gratney

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning
Occupation
Lab manager
Got it. That sounds in line with what I was thinking. Guy must have gotten the charger and installation confused. I know two electricians, so I think I can probably just have them do once unit arrives. Thanks for the discussion all.

Howard_Scott_Warshaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat ER, rapid red
I wouldn't let SunRun park in my driveway, let alone do any work in my house.

Your state likely has a database of authorized installers if there's an incentive program. Start there

EdRudy

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat Lightning ER Iced Blue Silver
Occupation
IT
I wouldn't let SunRun park in my driveway, let alone do any work in my house.

Your state likely has a database of authorized installers if there's an incentive program. Start there
I hear people complain a ton about SunRun but they did a great job for me. Quick, responsive, a little expensive, and professional clean installation. They came back out for the final inspection. It passed as expected.
Sponsored